Shiny new one please, on footprint or directly next to. 29 23.97%
Shiny one please not bothered if they move it across town 2 1.65%
Fold the club. 9 7.44%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Why does some adjustments and a roof repair suddenly become "it needs a complete redevelopment"

Where are folk getting this from ?

Same as the Carrington training facilities are absolutely trash....?
Ronaldo started that off saying all the facilities were the same as when he left in 2009.

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:38 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I want the stadium I never visit to look like old trafford.
Trad brick stadium

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Well exactly. I’m not going to forget them because we’re playing somewhere else.

None of us might like the idea of a shiny new stadium with a flashing roof because we’ve all experienced them moments at old trafford but ask your son what he’d want. He’s the future and many kids like him and it’s what they deserve.

Makes not a jot of difference if we’re not back to winning ways mind because there won’t be any fans going in 20-30 years despite what we all want to believe.
YHVideo

Unread 06-02-2024, 04:57 PM
Baron

Looking at what is possible with the big two in Spain you'd want to follow suit & utilise the footprint if possible.

Wouldn't want it to look identikit but there's clear scope for something class leading at this point when we're likely to still take a few years to get it done.

100k - a Red Wall in the Stretty, could be magnificent if they just had an ounce of consideration for the game rather than the "match going experience".

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:06 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
YHVideo
im questioning the set up I won’t lie.

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
im questioning the set up I won’t lie.
Absolutely no set up.

Raw footage

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:12 PM
est.1878

Business doing business

Will be 5 star hotel, able to host Taylor swift gigs, multi screens above centre circle for ad rev, regular boxing, conference centre for pre season down time ...

Has underground tram stop ever been suggested?

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Business doing business

Will be 5 star hotel, able to host Taylor swift gigs, multi screens above centre circle for ad rev, regular boxing, conference centre for pre season down time ...

Isn’t that basically what they do now?

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:25 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Isn’t that basically what they do now?
Last boxing event Benn - eubank? 1990?
Last concert was? ??
Can't stay there unless stay at hotel football?
Conference events - small rooms only 200 max not Gmex size?

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:26 PM
believe

Quote:
Last boxing event Benn - eubank? 1990?
Last concert was? ??
Can't stay there unless stay at hotel football?
Conference events - small rooms only 200 max not Gmex size?
Really?? Honestly thought there was concerts and stuff on regularly

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Business doing business

Just seen on Twitter that SJR is going to refuse fans entry to the new stadium unless they take their shoes off.

The whole thing’s sickening.

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:29 PM
magic_cantona

Can't be too hard in today's world to build around it and add onto it, can it? Or is the railway track going to halt anything like that?

If its possible, then add on to Old Trafford, state of the art, 100k seats/standing. If its not possible then we have to move with the times (but not end up like West Ham) and build something as close as possible with a stadium worthy of the history. Not looking like a UFO either.

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:29 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Are you confusing the cricket ground?

What time you on?

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:30 PM
believe

Quote:
Are you confusing the cricket ground?

What time you on?
Possibly. 8:30pm pretty tired

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:33 PM
no fun

Quote:
Last 2 gigs were in June 2018, Stones then Billy Joel

Unread 06-02-2024, 05:51 PM
Lok

Would a redeveloped stadium on the same spot have to look the same? Just fix the roof and build the south stand higher to match the rest?

The stadium changed dramatically when the ends were expanded and the feeling of the original stadium changed. What's iconic to us is less so for people in their 60s. The large glass fronts and the roof supports are the prominent design features from the current incarnation. I can't say I'm that arsed about losing either.

As long as the stadium is built on the same site I don't mind if they build again.
There's little about the current one that is worth keeping. A new stadium would pay for itself and eventually provide a return on the investment. It would raise capacity and allow the area to host more events. Not really sure why it's a problem. It would be good for supporters, the club as a business and the team.

Unread 06-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Medlock

Tacky disneyland piece of shit or the best stadium in the country.
Yeah real tough one

Unread 06-02-2024, 07:04 PM
BarryX

C/O the Telegraph.

Apparently 'insiders have raised concerns about the prospect of getting into a situation where the club are throwing “good money after bad” if they attempt to expand the south stand and redevelop the other sides. “Ultimately you’ve still got a 1910 building,”.

Unread 06-02-2024, 07:08 PM
atticusgrinch

Just build the south stand so it's the same size all round and put a new roof on it. How £#%&!ing hard can it be?

Call it the Trad Brick Stadium as well. Really given Konami something to think about the cheap bastards.

Unread 06-02-2024, 07:15 PM
Dacter

Straightforward for me.

They claim it would be cheaper to knock it down and build a new one. I say our heritage is worth more than any saving they could possibly make.