United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
SilverSurfer

Default Here we go with the giddy comments...

Don't let MJ Ramone see this, he'll keel over with hypertension....

Wigan defender Emmerson Boyce says they are desperate to go down in history as the team that stopped Manchester United winning the title.

Far from lying down and handing United the victory that will win them in the Premier League, Boyce says the Latics are determined to make names for themselves as the team that stood in their way.

"We would like to emulate West Ham," says Boyce in the Evening Standard. "People still talk about that team that cost Manchester United the title 13 years ago and I'd love people to remember us in 13 years' time.

"We are loving the publicity. Everyone will be watching us across the world and it shows how far we've come as a club. We are going to enjoy being in the limelight.

"People are talking about Wigan right now and that's a good thing. The fact we can have a say in the title race has given us extra motivation. I and the rest of the players want to show people what we can do against Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez and if we cost them the title everyone will talk about us. We are safe in the table. They are the ones with everything to lose."

He insists that boss Steve Bruce is determined to prove himself as a manager, even if that means denying his former side the title.

"The manager has been very vocal in training and has told us he wants us to win the game," said Boyce.

"He has already set up the tactics and has organised us so we will be very hard to beat. He deserves to be in the running for manager of the season with the way he's come in mid-season and kept us up. When he took over we were second from bottom, one point above Derby, and now we have won many points and are safe."

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Whalefish

Bruce has set up the tactics so they are hard to beat? Well that'll be Heskey up front on his own and five in midfield then.

It's going to be a long Sunday afternoon.

Funny that we've been hearing from nearly every Chelsea player in the last few days and now the Wigan lot are getting their soundbites in.

Fingers crossed Fergie's got our lot focussed on battering Wigan.

red red robbo

What kind of a @#%&! do you have to be to want to be remembered for stopping somebody winning something

Fuzzy Dunlop

I will hate Bruce for ever if he beats us. Don't care if that's not fair either.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I will hate Bruce for ever if he beats us. Don't care if that's not fair either.
Oh come on.

I've said it before and i'll say it again:

If we do not win the league we have nobody to blame but alex ferguson and the team. We should be home and hosed by now.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:21 PM
thatsfuctit

I know its 90+ minutes, and it takes as long as it takes, but would love ronny to do what he's done so often this year, two goals early doors.

I actually typed "two girls early doors" first, which is probably true too.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Fingers crossed Fergie's got our lot focussed on battering Wigan.
Think you can be assured of that. 8 days rest, pretty much a fully fit squad, Ronnie Rooney and tevez up front. We'll be fine.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Sparky***

Do you honestly think wigan's desire to be party Popers is stronger than our team's desire to be champions?

Talk is cheap.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:23 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Let them mouth off all they like, our lads will do the talking on the pitch. NFT

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
SilverSurfer

The one team involved in all this that seem to have got no attention is Bolton. They've been free to prepare, relax and rest without any fuss. Last time everyone wrote off someone to this extent was...well Chelsea v Wigan.

I'm expecting a home win like everyone else but seems curious to me that they've just been forgotten.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Whalefish

Re Bolton.

One or two players in that XI/squad will be putting themselves in the Summer shop window. I don't think Chelsea will have it that easy.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:29 PM
SilverSurfer

Must admit, the thought of Wigan celebrating like World Champions for holding Manchester United to a draw, only to come off the pitch to find Chelsea had drawn too would only enhance the afternoon.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:31 PM
MUFC One Love

Regarding Bolton I don't think they're going to lie down. Megson isn't that type of manager and now the pressure is off them as it is with Wigan they'll be able to play with more freedom and it won't be easy for Chelsea.

I think it may be a late one but I think we'll nick it at Wigan.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Re Bolton.

One or two players in that XI/squad will be putting themselves in the Summer shop window. I don't think Chelsea will have it that easy.
Don't think the Bolton players are gonna be hapy that there's no suggestion they might "lie down" for Chelsea as no-one's giving them a hope of winning anyway.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Don't think the Bolton players are gonna be hapy that there's no suggestion they might "lie down" for Chelsea as no-one's giving them a hope of winning anyway.
Bolton as a unit won't give a shite. I have to disagree with Whalers there. One bad game in a game that they don't really need anything out of won't put off potential suitors. Shirley.

Bolton will roll over. Grant has played this one well, I would have though SAF would have been out saying the same thing about Bolton as Sloppyface said about Wham etc.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Bolton as a unit won't give a shite. I have to disagree with Whalers there. One bad game in a game that they don't really need anything out of won't put off potential suitors. Shirley.

Bolton will roll over. Grant has played this one well, I would have though SAF would have been out saying the same thing about Bolton as Sloppyface said about Wham etc.
Bolton will roll over, won't care, blah, blah, blah. On the other hand Wigan will be trying harder than any club has ever. Sure, if you wanna read it that way, i don't give a shit, i'm convinced we'll win.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:41 PM
naes_sean

I really wish today was Sunday. Can't take this tension anymore!

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Talk is cheap.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Baron

Quote:
Re Bolton.

They're only 3 points off the drop, their goal difference is better by about 5, so if they turn up looking to rely on Brum & Fulham not winning they might be in for a surprise. Surely they'll want to make it tough at the very least.

Wigan... safe, at home, like they'll be trying to sit back - and what happens if we score in the first 10 mins, they just going to sit back & watch our back 4 pass it about?

It'll be the same as any other end of season game for them now they're safe.

Unread 08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
they'll be able to play with more freedom and
That's a recipe for disaster if ever I've seen one. One of the worst footballing sides in the league. The only chance they've got is to foul constantly and hoof it up to their lump of a forward. If they've got any silly ideas about playing with freedom in their heads than Chelsea will stroll it.
Closed Thread