United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I'm saying, if we're in touch with such an awful home record, you'd think our chances would be pretty good if we stopped dropping points to trash at home yeah?

Last chance blown? 3 pts off 4th with a game in hand, first week of March? What is with doomers and over the top dramatics...
Well yeah if we play better we'll do it. When are we going to play better?

You keep predicting it and saying "calma" and it never happens.

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
No, I won last season and I will win again.

No CL football and i'll leave. Please don't insert yourself into this bet somehow, don't want to be responsible for another fred death.

I think we'll get CL football next year too.

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:18 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
What fixture congestion? We're 3 pts off 4th with a game in hand, first week of march. How the £#%&! is a draw yesterday making people turn into a bag of feathers?

After Rostov and Chelsea away if thing..
Basically, you have to beat Bournemouth at home - especially when we're playing against 10 men for an entire half. Horrific result and shite performance yesterday.

Chelsea city and Tottenham have more or less all secured top 4. I think arsenal are the weakest because of the supporter unrest thing and Liverpool remain unpredictable but I just can't see their horrific run of Jan and Feb continuing. They won something like two £#%&!ing games in the whole of those two months and we still didn't managed to leapfrog them.

Basically, I've put on the mattress protector on at Keith Towers.

Quote:

No CL football and i'll leave. Please don't insert yourself into this bet somehow, don't want to be responsible for another fred death.
Is your bet top 4 or CL next season?

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:20 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well yeah if we play better we'll do it. When are we going to play better?

You keep predicting it and saying "calma" and it never happens.
We played very good from parts of October until mid January. Once the many games kicked in we started tiring a bit and being more sloppy. Ironically we have become much better defensively. We've won a trophy.

What's needed to get back to the good football we were developing is an in form Pogba and Mkhitaryan. One is injured, one is knackered from every playing every week in every competition since August.

I've said calma all season coz despite the hysterics from the likes of you, we are in contention for everything. Crucial week upcoming now. If we pull off Chelsea away despite the increased fixtures it'll cause it could kick off our season in magical ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Basically, you have to beat Bournemouth at home - especially when we're playing against 10 men for an entire half. Horrific result and shite performance yesterday.

Chelsea city and Tottenham have more or less all secured top 4. I think arsenal are the weakest because of the supporter unrest thing and Liverpool remain unpredictable but I just can't see their horrific run of Jan and Feb continuing. They won something like two £#%&!ing games in the whole of those two months and we still didn't managed to leapfrog them.

Basically, I've put on the mattress protector on at Keith Towers.

Is your bet top 4 or CL next season?
We've dropped points to stoke hull and bournemouth yet would go level with a liverpool side who were 12 pts ahead of us at one point. It's not as bad as it looks.

Cl is the bet. Predicted 3rd + a cup or two, stick by it.

No ones defending the bournemouth result, shit happens.

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:23 PM
andyroo

Oh yeah. All is not quite lost. It's just... that totally feels like we've mugged ourselves. A big big chance we haven't had all season to actually make some ground and we choose that precise moment to shout our limitations to the world from the rooftops. It's really £#%&!ing irritating.

You can see what's ahead looks harder than what we've come through so far and made look really painful though? Yeah?

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:26 PM
saffers

Of course not rooers, drawing at home to a shit bournemouth side who went down to 10 men was part of the plan.

Do you not think I was furious at rooney pissing about in the 1st minute with that great chance? Or the countless other openings in the first half.

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:27 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Of course not rooers, drawing at home to a shit bournemouth side who went down to 10 men was part of the plan.

Do you not think I was furious at rooney pissing about in the 1st minute with that great chance? Or the countless other openings in the first half.
Well no, because you're insulting anyone else who was furious.

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:29 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well no, because you're insulting anyone else who was furious.
That was not the intention.

The intention was to scold anyone who says we blew it despite being 3 pts off 4th with a game in hand in the first week of march.

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:53 PM
barca99

3 points off 4th with a game in hand, that is a very good point actually i feel much better, but wait, we still have to go to arsenal, spurs and city and have chelsea at home

Said it before we need to be 4 or 5 points INTO the top 4 come the middle of april and now we have no chance.

People talking like going out of europa will help us, the day that happens it is over and we are signing up to another year without CL football, its our only hope.

Come on lads spurs and city are bang in form its us vs the serial top 4 finishers and the dippers. We have by far the hardest fixtures if you dont know liverpools remaining games i suggest you dont look because its got to be the easiest run in in premiership history.

Currently not in the top 4 + terrible home record + tons of games a month + the hardest fixtures by far = not finishing top 4.

Unread 05-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
That was not the intention.

The intention was to scold anyone who says we blew it despite being 3 pts off 4th with a game in hand in the first week of march.

Game in hand being away at City. If we hold our nerve I think we'll do it but my shit @#%&! o meter is predicting 5th

Unread 05-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Denis Irwell

Enough banana skins for the rats to £#%&! up. It's not the difficult games where they drop points. As for Arsenal, we're a point behind them fannies. All we've got to do is carry on as we've been doing the past four months. Not totally optimistic tbf, with our workload coming up.

Unread 05-03-2017, 08:55 PM
Cream

Quote:
I won last season and I will win again.

I did keep rougers out of the bet, seems he departed out of free will.
Quote:

Lethal...

Seems some people are forgetting that Saffers is sage of the year. That should carry some weight, in my opinion.

Unread 05-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Lethal...

Seems some people are forgetting that Saffers is sage of the year. That should carry some weight, in my opinion.
Sage of the year? Sage of all our hearts tbh

Unread 01-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Sparky***

#motoringupthetable

Unread 01-04-2017, 05:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
We have a 40% win ratio at home this season yet we're 3 pts off 4th with a game in hand. Imagine what happens if we improve our home form?

Unread 01-04-2017, 05:45 PM
armchair

Unread 01-04-2017, 06:07 PM
AK14

This thread

Concentrate on the europa ffs.

Unread 01-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Pop

Hull (h) 0-0
Leicester (a) 0-3
Watford (h) 2-0
Bournemouth (h) 1-1
Middlesborough (a) 1-3
West Brom (h) 0-0

Southampton 3-2

Everton (h)
Sunderland (a)

Probably 4 points from the next two games, so that's 16 from 24 and a cup.

Could be better/worse?

Unread 03-04-2017, 12:00 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Is anyone confident we can actually manage this? No, me neither.
3 goals in our last 4 matches at Old Trafford against Hull, West Brom, Bournemouth & Watford?
I think being confident ahead of any game these days, particularly at home is a big ask.

Law of averages suggests we're due a win though..

Unread 03-04-2017, 12:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
3 goals in our last 4 matches at Old Trafford against Hull, West Brom, Bournemouth & Watford?
I think being confident ahead of any game these days, particularly at home is a big ask.

Law of averages suggests we're due a win though..
Actually the law of averages suggests we're due a defeat...what with it being about 16 games since our last one.
Closed Thread