United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: What should be done about Cristiano Ronaldo?
Make him stay 5 7.04%
Let him go 32 45.07%
Let him go, but only to another league 34 47.89%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2022, 03:51 AM
Red_Rizla

I want the guy to stay. He is by far our most important player as things currently stand.

Unread 09-07-2022, 06:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
I want the guy to stay. He is by far our most important player as things currently stand.

Still where I am, currently ...

Unread 09-07-2022, 01:09 PM
utd99

He’s stroppy enough when he wants to be somewhere, imagine if he was being kept against his will.

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:22 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He’s stroppy enough when he wants to be somewhere, imagine if he was being kept against his will.
He's the ultimate professional, and always has been. He would never down tools and cause problems during the season.

If United can keep him, he'll simply accept it and deliver on the pitch as he has always done.

Has he put in a formal transfer request, btw?

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Obviously had an horrific year with his loss of child etc, what if His "personnel reasons" ARE genuine and he can't be arsed to go to Thailand / aus on that mess of a pre season, will stay fit in Portugal, family time and then return ?

Still Be2iev1

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:31 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Obviously had an horrific year with his loss of child etc, what if His "personnel reasons" ARE genuine and he can't be arsed to go to Thailand / aus on that mess of a pre season, will stay fit in Portugal, family time and then return ?

Still Be2iev1
Good points.

Can you imagine being nearly 40 and forced to spend half a month arsing about in Bangkok and Melbourne with a load of Lingard-esque 20-something lads. It would be his idea of hell.

He's a family man by all accounts. Much easier to relax in Portugal with his loved ones, work on his fitness in his own regimented way, and join up with the squad when they return.

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:35 PM
marlo

apparently I’m the only one imagining excuses being made for a player who doesn’t want to play for us

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Good points.

Can you imagine being nearly 40 and forced to spend half a month arsing about in Bangkok and Melbourne with a load of Lingard-esque 20-something lads. It would be his idea of hell.

He's a family man by all accounts. Much easier to relax in Portugal with his loved ones, work on his fitness in his own regimented way, and join up with the squad when they return.

Not to mention the fact that this summer is quite possibly the first time he (and his children) have been able to see certain members of family, grandparents and the vulnerable etc., since the start of the pandemic. Family is everything.

I said it before and I’ll say it again - those turning on Ronnie so vehemently have probably had really traumatic ends to relationships in the past.

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Not to mention the fact that this summer is quite possibly the first time he (and his children) have been able to see certain members of family, grandparents and the vulnerable etc., since the start of the pandemic. Family is everything.

I said it before and I’ll say it again - those turning on Ronnie so vehemently have probably had really traumatic ends to relationships in the past.
Absolutely spot on mate.....

Maybe he needs some "him time" for personnel reasons....

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:41 PM
marlo

so now players are above pre seasons?

It’s like a group of idiots have congregated here to discuss their idiotic thoughts

“It’s the first time a billionaire with his own private jet has been able to members of his family since the pandemic, he should have to join the club that pay him 500k a week preseason tour...”

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:43 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Very true. Ronnie is deffo the type who adhered to lockdown regulations, so there's a strong likelihood he avoided contact with his close family in Portugal as the pandemic raged.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's seen the recent sharp increase in global cases from the BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron sub-variants, too, and made a conscious decision not to travel.

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:44 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
apparently I’m the only one imagining excuses being made for a player who doesn’t want to play for us
Yes mate he is actually an Uber-professional billionaire who deservedly & professionally has absented himself from pre season while on full 500k p/w salary for the club he reportedly adores because playing with 20-something professional footballer colleague is beneath him. Get with the times

Unread 09-07-2022, 02:50 PM
Joe Biden

Stay stay stay!

Unread 09-07-2022, 03:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:
so now players are above pre seasons?

It’s like a group of idiots have congregated here to discuss their idiotic thoughts

“It’s the first time a billionaire with his own private jet has been able to members of his family since the pandemic, he should have to join the club that pay him 500k a week preseason tour...”
Leaning toward this interpretation. He should be there showing the kids what dedication means. Not having any of this covid guff. Why would he be different from any other player ffs? Because he gets paid much more?

If he wants to leave, let him go. Give Erik the tools he needs to rebuild, not to massage egos.

Unread 09-07-2022, 03:11 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Leaning toward this interpretation. He should be there showing the kids what dedication means. Not having any of this covid guff. Why would he be different from any other player ffs? Because he gets paid much more?

If he wants to leave, let him go. Give Erik the tools he needs to rebuild, not to massage egos.
His family lost a child in horrific circumstances a few months ago, hundreds of miles from his support network, home and loved ones.....

If missing a stupid tour of Thailand 1000's of miles away is the price we may for this, so be it....

He's obviously keeping himself fit and we have had no other reports than the club has granted him personal leave....

Unread 09-07-2022, 03:13 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
His family lost a child in horrific circumstances a few months ago, hundreds of miles from his support network, home and loved ones.....

If missing a stupid tour of Thailand 1000's of miles away is the price we may for this, so be it....

He's obviously keeping himself fit and we have had no other reports than the club has granted him personal leave....
Okay, I did forget about that.

Back on the Ronaldo train. £#%&! playing Outback FC.

Marlo, you're an idiot

Unread 09-07-2022, 03:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Okay, I did forget about that.

Back on the Ronaldo train. £#%&! playing Outback FC.

The crew is growing .... We won't forget the Didn't fancy her anyway, time to build for the future £#%&!s lightly ..

Unread 09-07-2022, 03:18 PM
Buck

I think like the summer of 2008 when he wanted to leave the club in the end he will stay and give one last season. Hopefully there will be a league title at the end of it as in 2009 because that would be the best way to sign off at United. Returning the club to the top with his goals and mentality brushing off onto the young players.

Unread 09-07-2022, 03:27 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I think like the summer of 2008 when he wanted to leave the club in the end he will stay and give one last season. Hopefully there will be a league title at the end of it as in 2009 because that would be the best way to sign off at United. Returning the club to the top with his goals and mentality brushing off onto the young players.
he was the best player in the league then. he isn't even good enough to start for any of the title challengers in our league.

but other than that its exactly the same.

just for own clarity...
"if a players doesn't want to play for united he can £#%&! off"
doesn't apply to what players exactly?

Unread 09-07-2022, 03:30 PM
Neo

Quote:
he isn't even good enough to start for any of the title challengers in our league.
You don't think Cristiano Ronaldo would have started ahead of Jesus at City or Jota at Liverpool or Lukaku at Chelsea?
Closed Thread