United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2022, 08:31 PM
armchair

Default Bruno : A reckoning

Gives the ball away too often and gets triggered by refereeing decisions.

Unread 17-06-2022, 08:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

He will turn it around under ETH next season. It’s the other shit@#%&!s that take 90% of the squad space to worry about

Unread 17-06-2022, 08:54 PM
dunk

Is not a midfielder.

Unread 17-06-2022, 08:57 PM
armchair

GNev mentioned that he thinks Ronaldo overawes Bruno. Bruno was far better when he was the main man and I've never seen him at that level for Portugal.

Unread 17-06-2022, 09:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
GNev mentioned that he thinks Ronaldo overawes Bruno. Bruno was far better when he was the main man and I've never seen him at that level for Portugal.
Possibly, I think he could be afforded far more freedom before Ronaldo, now his freedom is massively detrimental to the side as Ronaldo seems to be equally free.

He also mainly played as a striker that roamed about, a bit like Rooney did for a while, which meant he was often in scoring positions, Ronaldo has been in those areas since he arrived.

Unread 17-06-2022, 10:22 PM
Vedder

I think he’s in trouble next season tbh.

Unread 17-06-2022, 11:04 PM
Patty_b

If we can get someone behind him that can take the pressure off him deeper, then he'll fly this season.

Unread 18-06-2022, 12:24 AM
pedr0

He should play as one of the front three, and with much more instruction (less freedom) than now

Unread 18-06-2022, 12:46 AM
ryanMUFC

Over rated if we’re being honest.

We got a bit carried away when we looked decent in empty stadiums.

Unread 18-06-2022, 05:28 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Gives the ball away too often and gets triggered by refereeing decisions.
Definitely the case but I don't think these flaws, which were always there, were anywhere near as pronounced when he was playing well, nor particularly significant then.

His main problem is his own bad form and his own unhappiness about it. He is burnt out, IMO. He looked burned out at the end of the 2020/2021 season, he looked burned out at the Euros subsequently, and all throughout this season. He should never have played so many games the season before last and should have had extra time off at the beginning of the last one (ditto Maguire) - and probably the end of it (£#%&! Portugal and the Nations League.

It's probably a fair point about Ronaldo's presence not helping matters but not because he is overawed. More because you maybe can't have 2 players with license to do whatever they want in the same side.

The player we saw in the first 18 months is real, but his future is definitely in doubt. He is an out and out number 10, IMO, which I love, but I reckon Ten Haag will probably play 4-3-3 with De Jong, VdB and Bruno, which won't suit him. He'll have to be a lot more disciplined to cope with that. Hopefully, Ten Haag will be able to get the best out of him - you'd imagine he'll have given it some thought, since Bruno is far and away our best player and whatnot.

£#%&!in' hard to be hopeful about anything at the moment.

Unread 18-06-2022, 06:26 AM
Seamus

His body language was awful last season, looked like he didn’t want to be there. He played shite for most of the season as well

Unread 18-06-2022, 06:40 AM
Bunker Buster

Almost like he fell out of love with the game last year, his standard is much much higher....

This moaning European fave he does to refs.....just get on with the game...

Think there's some truth in the Ronaldo thing though, they don't seem to click together at international level....

Unread 18-06-2022, 07:56 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
His body language was awful last season, looked like he didn’t want to be there. He played shite for most of the season as well
would you want to be involved with that holocaust last season?

Unread 18-06-2022, 06:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Almost like he fell out of love with the game last year, his standard is much much higher....

This moaning European fave he does to refs.....just get on with the game...

Think there's some truth in the Ronaldo thing though, they don't seem to click together at international level....
I’d rather see someone losing their rag and moaning than not giving a shit. He cares where few others do. He and a few others will improve under ETH.

Unread 18-06-2022, 07:14 PM
Joe Biden

The best line I heard about Bruno was that he plays as if there is a shot clock.

He does have sensational games but over the course of a season I think he'll cost you as many points as he wins.

Has a good engine and solid work ethic so if ETH can get reign him in a bit he'd be such a better player for it.

Unread 18-06-2022, 08:07 PM
Dr Stranger

The reason I’m optimistic is that his game would improve
Massively by just one thing: calming down. That shouldn’t be too difficult to change.

Unread 18-06-2022, 10:26 PM
marlo

where do i begin....

from 2019 before he signed...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ook-risks.html

this isn’t a dip in form he is having right now, this is who he is.

Bruno had a good run in the side when he was given a free role. basically he didn’t have to do any of the hard work midfielders gave to do and neither did he have to do the hard work of a forward, he could just pop up in space and take advantage.

with ronaldo joining he has had to actually play like a midfielder which is why he hasn’t been very good. It’s also why he doesn’t play well for Portugal. he was good at Porto where he was the main man just putting up stats but i fit think they won anything or did anything more worthy in Europe.
it’s not him being exhausted it’s him havign to be accountable on the ball. not just arrive onto the ball, he now has to manipulate the ball , give and go’s, set the temple, know when to knock it about keeping possession and when to release the trigger. he can’t do any of this which is why i said “he isn’t very talented at a midfielder”

He also doesn’t have the pace or quality to create his own chances which is why he doesn’t stand out or play well against top 6 sides. don’t think he has even played well against one.

next season he might be asked to play in a 2 with The Scottish Player or fred. this is when we will really see how limited and average he is.

the whole he “runs around frustrated” is pathetic and it’s almost like he is playing against us. even when we do our poor version of pressing he ignores the triggers and just runs after the ball and not only doesn’t that lead to the other team having a “out” it’s means the other players in the press chain are not of possession. as i said “playing against us”

the thing now is we have him and ronaldo and a team challenging in this era can’t afford to have even one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The reason I’m optimistic is that his game would improve
Massively by just one thing: calming down. That shouldn’t be too difficult to change.

Unread 19-06-2022, 02:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
where do i begin....

from 2019 before he signed...
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...WNS87xJjDnB_SA

this isn’t a dip in form he is having right now, this is who he is.

Bruno had a good run in the side when he was given a free role. basically he didn’t have to do any of the hard work midfielders gave to do and neither did he have to do the hard work of a forward, he could just pop up in space and take advantage.

with ronaldo joining he has had to actually play like a midfielder which is why he hasn’t been very good. It’s also why he doesn’t play well for Portugal. he was good at Porto where he was the main man just putting up stats but i fit think they won anything or did anything more worthy in Europe.
it’s not him being exhausted it’s him havign to be accountable on the ball. not just arrive onto the ball, he now has to manipulate the ball , give and go’s, set the temple, know when to knock it about keeping possession and when to release the trigger. he can’t do any of this which is why i said “he isn’t very talented at a midfielder”

He also doesn’t have the pace or quality to create his own chances which is why he doesn’t stand out or play well against top 6 sides. don’t think he has even played well against one.

next season he might be asked to play in a 2 with The Scottish Player or fred. this is when we will really see how limited and average he is.

the whole he “runs around frustrated” is pathetic and it’s almost like he is playing against us. even when we do our poor version of pressing he ignores the triggers and just runs after the ball and not only doesn’t that lead to the other team having a “out” it’s means the other players in the press chain are not of possession. as i said “playing against us”

the thing now is we have him and ronaldo and a team challenging in this era can’t afford to have even one of them.

I don’t disagree with any of that tbh other than I think there’s a place for he and Ronaldo - just not always in the starting 11 every week, and we need to be far more tactically astute than we have been to get the best out of them. They both score a lot of goals, and that’s obviously (captain obvious) a great knack to have.

Unread 19-06-2022, 04:56 AM
Patty_b

126 appearances for the club.

50 goals.

39 assists.

One of the most productive players in the league since he joined the club, and we've got fans trying to convince themselves he's a bit shit

Unread 19-06-2022, 06:25 AM
jem

ronaldo ruins bruno and everyone else.
Closed Thread