United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Valencia will never be that player we all want (i.e dynamic going forward etc)

But hes really good at what he does, getting crosses in and being a really good team player

We just lack that bit of guile(sp?) and invention in the middle to compensate for Valencia's short comings

Anyways back on topic our strongest starting 11 is;

VDS

Evra
Rio/Evans
Vidic
Da Silva/Nevs

Fletch
Carrick/Park
Scholes/Anderson

Rooney
Berbs
Nani/Valencia

Obviously theyll be some changes depending on formation

I think what you mean is we don't have a stongest 11.

The fact you have 2 players for certain positions proves that, otherwise there would be just one player in each position. Kind of like a strongest 11 really.

Unread 11-09-2010, 05:24 PM
ziggyman17

whatever the strongest 11 maybe, gary neville should be no where near the starting 11.. if rafael is'nt going to be given a proper chance then fergie should have signed an establised right back in the summer.. neville was woeful today constantly out of position, lacking pace, nani spent most of the game in the right back position covering neville.. he's 35 he is not going to get any better, he should never have been given a new contract in the summer, it just shows how soft fergie has got.. in years gone by bruce, pallister, parker etc were all shown the door when they were on the wane

Unread 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
originalhogg

Defo have nani on right seems to be his prefered position, but love to valencia as well, I dunno....hard to say what the best 11 is at the moment....

Unread 11-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers

I think what you mean is we don't have a stongest 11.

The fact you have 2 players for certain positions proves that, otherwise there would be just one player in each position. Kind of like a strongest 11 really.

Unread 11-09-2010, 10:43 PM
armchair

Think Tony would be the business at right back behind Nani in our best current 11.

Unread 12-09-2010, 09:48 AM
thankseric

There hasn't been a strongest 11 for a few years now. Some see that as good, some bad. I'd go for good. Strong squad, good back ups, tactically flexible.

Unread 12-09-2010, 11:03 AM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankseric
There hasn't been a strongest 11 for a few years now. Some see that as good, some bad. I'd go for good. Strong squad, good back ups, tactically flexible.
Last time we had a settled first XI was the last time we played regular and consistently great football in the league 06/07.

07/08 season we saw a lot of rotation and looked a bit mechanical at times, only really had Tevez and Rooney all season so you wonder where we'd been without Ronaldo and Rio/Vida.

No surprise we look a lot more suspect these days without Rio there and Ronaldo who was capable of finding a goal to bail us out when we most needed it.

Unread 12-09-2010, 11:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Think Tony would be the business at right back behind Nani in our best current 11.
Hmmm, now there is an interesting theory.

Unread 12-09-2010, 11:06 AM
safingtons

£15m for a right back when we've got young Rafael coming up? Come on ffs...

Unread 12-09-2010, 11:22 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
£15m for a right back when we've got young Rafael coming up? Come on ffs...
best 11 for me is a team to play in a final if it were in a couple of days. For you it's every week and sometime further away in the future apparently. I'm not picking for the far future I'm picking for the imaginary cup final in total isolation whereas you are completely in fantasy land.

I'd have Tony before some kid. Tony's not going to let you down. He'll play anywhere. He won't be laughing and joking about it though. No, he'll be deadly serious. Deadly!

Unread 12-09-2010, 11:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
best 11 for me is a team to play in a final if it were in a couple of days. For you it's every week and sometime further away in the future apparently. I'm not picking for the far future I'm picking for the imaginary cup final in total isolation whereas you are completely in fantasy land.

I'd have Tony before some kid. Tony's not going to let you down. He'll play anywhere. He won't be laughing and joking about it though. No, he'll be deadly serious. Deadly!
Ain't that the truth.

Unread 12-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Cream

Hercules
Arnie
Charles Atlas
Atlas
Tyson
Andre the Giant
Geof Capes
Sigmusson
Fatima Whitbread