United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Betty's Hotpot

Default How much better is it now we aren't a plc

With regards to transfers? Just quietly go about our business signing players without having to report to share holders. This takeover isn't all bad eh guys.:-) thanks to the glazers chelsea will no longer nick our targets.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Welly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty's Hotpot
With regards to transfers? Just quietly go about our business signing players without having to report to share holders. This takeover isn't all bad eh guys.:-) thanks to the glazers chelsea will no longer nick our targets.
I really hope you fall under the wheels of your bus.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Which players have we signed this transfer window without a song and dance? How many have signed before the papers were aware? None. I haven't seen anyone signing a contract yet and we've known for a month who we're allegedly getting.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:09 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
"For every bus you run Betts, we'll give you a cut. Just keep the custom....fans going to the games. Here is you advance, its 30 pieces of silver."

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:09 AM
believe

have we signed anyone yet?

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:10 AM
24hr Leavesey

No one had the foggiest about Anderson.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
No one had the foggiest about Anderson.
If he signs today, we've known for a month.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:23 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
If he signs today, we've known for a month.

Give it up toilet, they are done deals. Red tape and international fixtures are the only reason they haven't been paraded - And even then no one has officially signed for no one until July 1st.

Consider the ronaldinho farce for example, it's a completely different kettle of fish.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Crumps

On one hand not having the transparency of a PLC is fantastic regarding transfers. On the other hand the club's future has been put in serious danger by becoming a private company by the Yank @#%&!s who took us over due to the debt incurred. We have also seen a rise in ticket prices by the new owners to make these signings and pay off the debt which has forced even more normal supporters out of the club.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Betty's Hotpot

I just think we look in better shape now we are privately owned when it comes to transfers. Bet fergie prefers it this way.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:40 AM
red red robbo

I guess it depends whether or not you want Manchester United to be successful or for real supporters to be able to go to Old Trafford to watch them.

Unread 27-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Fountz

Quote:
I just think we look in better shape now we are privately owned when it comes to transfers. Bet fergie prefers it this way.
We certainly benifited from it last summer.

Unread 27-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Betty's Hotpot

We won the league with last summers purchases.

Unread 27-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Surely the reason we won the league was the return to form of Paul Scholes? Carrick made a difference for sure but he wasn't the reason we won the league.

What you meant to say is that despite not much transfer activity and very little spending since your new best mate Malcolm Glazer took over, we won the league. Not because of him.

Unread 27-06-2007, 11:38 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
**APPLAUSE**

Congratulations for finally coming out with a Glazer endorsement under your own name.It certainly makes a refreshing change from your shithouse anonymous banal WUmming

All aboard for the Vichy charabanc

Unread 27-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
**APPLAUSE**

Congratulations for finally coming out with a Glazer endorsement under your own name.It certainly makes a refreshing change from your shithouse anonymous banal WUmming

All aboard for the Vichy charabanc

Stop re-writing history though, did you not realise the Glazer's single handedly won the league for us, I've never cheered as hard as when Joel banged in number six in the last game of the season, I celebrated so hard I bought seventeen sets of MUFC "Get Well Soon Malcolm" Bedsheets.

Unread 27-06-2007, 12:07 PM
shuffle_like_sharpey

Quote:
carrick and hargreaves were tied up in days weren't they?

Unread 27-06-2007, 12:08 PM
shuffle_like_sharpey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity

Stop re-writing history though, did you not realise the Glazer's single handedly won the league for us, I've never cheered as hard as when Joel banged in number six in the last game of the season, I celebrated so hard I bought seventeen sets of MUFC "Get Well Soon Malcolm" Bedsheets.
i heard bryan was the mastermind behind 4-2-3-1.

Unread 27-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Enjoying Insanity

With all of this "signed in Principle" %@#$&!s I'm beginning to wonder whether "Principle" is a small Cheshire Hamlet close to Mere Golf Course..

Unread 27-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Fountz

Quote:
We won the league despite last summers lack of purchases..

However, we probably missed out on a European Cup due to last summers lack of purchases.
Closed Thread