United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Re: Ronaldo money is going to pay off the debt according to United bankers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Bingo! Are we really looking to the likes of Gibson to step up when 2 of the best players we've ever had in our club's history call it a day?

They can't go on forever and when they do eventually retire, we're going to have to spend serious money to compete.

The likes of macheda, cleverly, welbeck will all be farmed out to lower division clubs.

Exactly. Some people really can't see the woods for the trees. After all the success we've had in the last few years, the untold millions the club has had pouring into it and STILL we had to rely on a world record transfer fee to keep us in the black. Incredible.

What massive cash injection is going to keep see us make a profit next financial year? Selling Rooney? Vidic?

I honest to god cannot get this "value" %@#$&!s, they talk about it and then pay something like £10m for a player from fulham who (let's be honest) looks a bit raw to put it midly.
yep let's write off smalling before he even kicks a ball.

Unread 28-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Pudge_Bear

Default Re: Ronaldo money is going to pay off the debt according to United bankers

Quote:
Bingo! Are we really looking to the likes of Gibson to step up when 2 of the best players we've ever had in our club's history call it a day?

They can't go on forever and when they do eventually retire, we're going to have to spend serious money to compete.

The likes of macheda, cleverly, welbeck will all be farmed out to lower division clubs.

Exactly. Some people really can't see the woods for the trees. After all the success we've had in the last few years, the untold millions the club has had pouring into it and STILL we had to rely on a world record transfer fee to keep us in the black. Incredible.

What massive cash injection is going to keep see us make a profit next financial year? Selling Rooney? Vidic?

I honest to god cannot get this "value" %@#$&!s, they talk about it and then pay something like £10m for a player from fulham who (let's be honest) looks a bit raw to put it midly.
If you had the £80 million to spend last summer, who would you have purchased, how much do you think you would have had to pay, and where would they have played?

Unread 28-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
yep let's write off smalling before he even kicks a ball.
Where have I written him off? I've said we've spent £10m on a player who, for me, looks like he's got a £#%&!ing hell of a lot to learn. And they go on about 'value' ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
If you had the £80 million to spend last summer, who would you have purchased, how much do you think you would have had to pay, and where would they have played?
David Villa, £40m, Up front.

Unread 28-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:

Quote:
Where have I written him off? I've said we've spent £10m on a player who, for me, looks like he's got a £#%&!ing hell of a lot to learn. And they go on about 'value' ffs.

David Villa, £40m, Up front.

Instead of Rooney? We tend to only play 1 striker. Rooney left? No value there IMO.

Unread 28-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Instead of Rooney? We tend to only play 1 striker. Rooney left? No value there IMO.
No, it's called rotation. Look at our bench yesterday, the striking options.

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:01 PM
rafabio

The point shouldn't be about whether there is value in market or not. whether fergie thinks his squad is his best or not!!. The point is they continuously lied and still continue to. and fans like throb not only lap it up but support it

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Don't think you can pay £40 million for a stiker who would spend most time on the bench when we have already paid £30 million for one who spends a lot of time on it.

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Don't think you can pay £40 million for a stiker who would spend most time on the bench when we have already paid £30 million for one who spends a lot of time on it.
like i said, it's called rotation. you could even, shock horror, play 2 strikers in some games!

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
The point shouldn't be about whether there is value in market or not. whether fergie thinks his squad is his best or not!!. The point is they continuously lied and still continue to. and fans like throb not only lap it up but support it
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest anyone has lied about this £80 million. Certainly not any that Sparky hasn't made up.

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:05 PM
rafabio

Quote:
shut up you £#%&!ing tit! didn't you see gibson scored yesterday? United are top of the league. In quarter finals of champions league.
Bin the green and gold,
we will love glazers until the club fold!!

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest anyone has lied about this £80 million. Certainly not any that Sparky hasn't made up.
Oh i give up.

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:06 PM
rafabio

Quote:
And here I was thinking this thread was about it and that document from JP Morgan suggesting it will be used for debt payments. silly me!

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:08 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Oh i give up.
we could sell up carrington and old trafford, and still have people telling us that normal buisness work the same way. Hence we shouldn't expect any different.

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
wtfingtons? the £80m is not available for players... does that not make the fact it was, a lie?

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Oh i give up.

You just constantly sandwich a series of events together to suit your doom agenda sparkers.

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:16 PM
rafabio

the way people argue, the only way they will be convinced is when they put up 'OT- For Sale' on www.manutd.com

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

You just constantly sandwich a series of events together to suit your doom agenda sparkers.
Look mate, I said the minute ronaldo was sold that we wouldn't spend a penny of it on players (you can go back and search the forum), And I was right.

i said all that "value for money" was a smokescreen and that the money would be used to service our astronomical interest payments. And i was right.

If it sounds 'doom mongery' well that's because it IS. there is no upside to what is going on at our club behind the boardroom doors.

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest anyone has lied about this £80 million .
Here you go you simpleton:

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza

We have £100m in the bank” says David Gill. “It is available to the manager”.

David Gill says the PIKs "are not the responsibility of Manchester United".

Now remember the £80m for Ronaldo is the responsibility of Manchester United.

The credit (bond) research team at JP Morgan, the lead investment bank on the bond syndicate and the Glazers’ advisers, have published a research note on the bonds:

Under all three scenarios [of different performance on the pitch], we assume the £70m carve-out of the restricted payments basket leaves the bondholder group [i.e. is paid out of Red Foottball Ltd to the Glazers’ parent company]. (page 21)

We have adjusted MUFC's balance sheet cash for the £70 RP carveout (Restricted cash). We have given this benefit to the Red Football Joint Venture PIK debt, and have assumed it accrues at 14.25% per annum. (footnote on pages 24, 25, 26)

Any chance of not trying to detract the issue onto 'value'/fergie/transfers?

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
wtfingtons? the £80m is not available for players... does that not make the fact it was, a lie?
But the only evidence we have to support that statement is that we haven't spent any (apparently). Fergie say's there is money for players if he needs it, Gill says there is money for players, we spend £35 million on players (Obertan, Valencia, Diouf, Smalling)...and yet apparently that £80 million isn't available for players.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as anti-Glazer as anybody, but a protest will lose some credibility if facts are ignored. This notion that we haven't got any money to spend on players and this £80 million went exclusively on interest payments is incorrect.

Unread 28-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Look mate, I said the minute ronaldo was sold that we wouldn't spend a penny of it on players (you can go back and search the forum), And I was right.

i said all that "value for money" was a smokescreen and that the money would be used to service our astronomical interest payments. And i was right.

If it sounds 'doom mongery' well that's because it IS. there is no upside to what is going on at our club behind the boardroom doors.
But there was no value in paying £60 million for Ribery, £50 million for Aguero etc. City and Real distorted the market and we were right not to go anywhere near it in my opinion.

We bought 4 players for £35 million.
Closed Thread