Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2013, 12:46 PM
forzagarza

Default John Barnes not being hypocrtical at all

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...re-john-barnes

Unread 05-11-2013, 12:52 PM
carlosartorial

John Barnes should start by looking closer to home if he's intent on tackling racism.

He also deserves bringing to trial for fashion atrocities he's committed over the years, the fat @#%&!.

Unread 05-11-2013, 12:54 PM
andyroo

Yeah yeah you weirdo, Celtic sacked you because you're black and not because you couldn't beat a third division team

Unread 05-11-2013, 12:55 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

He also deserves bringing to trial for fashion atrocities he's committed over the years, the fat @#%&!.
Agreed, his Egyptian King years were the worse

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:12 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
To be fair to the nancy scouse @#%&!, he admits his hypocrisy in the article.

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:13 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
To be fair to the nancy scouse @#%&!, he admits his hypocrisy in the arrticle.
Yeah I did see that after. Just wanted to make clear I didn't actually read the article

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:14 PM
shenwen

starts off bad

Quote:
I'm not interested in what happened to Yaya Touré at CSKA Moscow – as far as I'm concerned their supporters can abuse who they want because, for me
almost makes a few decent points

and then starts making excuses for the very thing he is against

Quote:
Personally, I don't blame Suárez or Terry for what they did – they are simply products of a society and environment that allows them to think it is OK to speak about certain people in a certain way

he's all over the £#%&!ing place.

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Time For Heroes

Talking about problems in Brixton, the @#%&!'s probably never been there, he's just stereotyping the area itself because it is notoriously a black area.

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:18 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Talking about problems in Brixton, the @#%&!'s probably never been there, he's just stereotyping the area itself because it is notoriously a black area.
Seen him selling spares outside Brixton Academy.

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:22 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
if I was someone like Touré or Rose I'd feel embarrassed if I had to look at someone who was suffering genuine racism and take their sympathy.
You can almost here the

Quote:
like me cos I can't get a job managing
He's still scouse the core, having it so much harder than everybody else.

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Pop

Quote:
Seen him selling spades outside Brixton Academy.
:shakehead:

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Nice to see he's apparently admitting what Suarez did at last

Strange to see him claim not to have been a fat player with a huge arse, very average looking who talks funny and was more than a touch camp

He has a point about racism and it's good that he admits that he is affected by the same inherent intuitions as everyone else. All species have rivalries within them. Look at the squirrels John, ffs.

The reality is John, that it is not only huge swathes of black kids that don't have equal opportunities in our society, it is huge swathes of kids in general right across the globe - including brixton and countless other places across the UK...

I didn't really follow the bit about how he doesn't take it as a compliment that people say they don't see him as black, either. Back in the day that's what black people wanted wasn't it? To be seen for who they are and what they are about instead of what colour they are. Now, according to this #@&%!, that's not what they want any more. They want to be seen as black and equal. Presumably when language gets around to that then the likes of Barnes will invent another more favourable and fashionable way to express their genuine concerns about genetic feelings of psychological oppression...

The bit about how Obama has been raised out of blackness is the very definition of this modern way of thinking and is complete £#%&!ing %@#$&!s tbh. Is there anyone anywhere that doesn't see Obama as being black? John, Obama is black. And he's the £#%&!ing president. Has been for a few years now, pal. About time you catch yourself on and at least learn a more sophisticated way of getting your [no doubt heartfelt and entirely reasonable] point across.

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Seen him selling spares outside Brixton Academy.
Nah never, they're always chavvy white fellas.

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Zorg

His thoughts on Suarez and Terry make absolutely no sense and smack of him desperately trying to avoid criticising a Liverpool player. If he really cared about the issue he'd be slaughtering Suarez for never having apologised and the media for making him out to be some sort of hero figure on his glorious return after racially abusing someone. Instead he basically says the guy did nothing wrong because, er, society, and stuff.

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:36 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Nah never, they're always chavvy white fellas.
Yeah I lied. Set of £#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 05-11-2013, 02:28 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Meanwhile, on RAWK

Quote:
It's an brilliant piece.

Think back to us signing Sturridge. How many said he was arrogant or had an attitude problem?
Many posters here suggested he did.
Why?

Because he was black.

As Barnes suggests, this isn't conscious racism, it is born of media stereotypes and myths.
Indeed we find Sturridge to have a fine fine attitude and be much too intelligent to be a footballer (surely!).
Quote:
As a person, he's the only non-Liverpool manager in my memory to embody what I think is perfection. The latest article reinforces that.
Quote:
They are back to spouting nonsense and lambasting Barnes for that article on Redcafe... utter morons

Unread 05-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Switching Off

I wonder if he thinks the police are blameless for Hillsbrough because they're a product of society.

Unread 05-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
His thoughts on Suarez and Terry make absolutely no sense and smack of him desperately trying to avoid criticising a Liverpool player. If he really cared about the issue he'd be slaughtering Suarez for never having apologised and the media for making him out to be some sort of hero figure on his glorious return after racially abusing someone. Instead he basically says the guy did nothing wrong because, er, society, and stuff.
yes. and yes some more.

Unread 05-11-2013, 02:45 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I wonder if he thinks the police are blameless for Hillsbrough because they're a product of society.
And of the way that working class society was demonising them at the time, the miners riots painting them in a bad way, the ACAB stickers that were everywhere etc. Stands to reason that they would look to cover their backs.

Unread 05-11-2013, 02:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:
It's an brilliant piece.

Think back to us signing Sturridge. How many said he was arrogant or had an attitude problem?
Many posters here suggested he did.
Why?

Because he was black.

As Barnes suggests, this isn't conscious racism, it is born of media stereotypes and myths.
Indeed we find Sturridge to have a fine fine attitude and be much too intelligent to be a footballer (surely!).
I dunno about you blokes but it came as a bit of a surprise to me to discover that Nicklas Bendtner is black.
Closed Thread