United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2018, 04:18 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Aren't most transfer fees accounted over the period of the players contract, that's how football finance works, especially since FFP.
If you’re talking about what I think you are, that’s nothing to do with when the transfer money is paid.

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:44 PM
ScarFace

Liverpool outrage in 1, 2, 3....

New sausage sponsor "heck"...

The issue...

Unread 26-07-2018, 07:33 AM
Drexl

The colour and texture of that shirt

Looks like something Jame Gumb would wear

Unread 26-07-2018, 07:53 AM
no fun

At least the sausages aren’t walls

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:11 AM
YCSYFEUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:12 AM
Drexl

Quote:

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:23 AM
puressence

Quote:

Unread 26-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Post of the year.

Unread 26-07-2018, 11:28 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Liverpool outrage in 1, 2, 3....

New sausage sponsor "heck"...

The issue...

Looks better than our new home kit tbf.

Unread 26-07-2018, 12:31 PM
sa7

Quote:
Phenomenal

Unread 26-07-2018, 04:52 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Brilliant, who told you that one?
Anyroad, have some rep, you grumpy old £#%&!er.

Unread 26-07-2018, 05:36 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Brilliant, who told you that one?
Anyroad, have some rep, you grumpy old £#%&!er.
All my own work

You @#%&!

Unread 26-07-2018, 06:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
wow just wow....post of the century

titanic me but have just seen this today...what the actual £#%&!

although I suppose no surprise now that Express Newspapers is part of the disgusting Vermin fan club that is Mirror Group

A Sunday Express sports correspondent who was fired after criticising Liverpool FC fans in an online comment piece has vowed to continue fighting his dismissal, which he said was a “gag on freedom of speech”.

Colin Mafham, who has worked as a journalist for 50 years, accused Express Newspapers of ending his career with a “terrible unjust slur” for firing him on the grounds of gross misconduct after 15 years with the Sunday title.

Mafham’s article, which had one paragraph removed before being taken down altogether on the day of publication, included the line: “Why does trouble seem to follow them (Liverpool fans) like bees round a honey pot?”

Urging LFC to “recognise it has a big problem”, Mafham wrote: “It’s not the players who produced that performance who I have an issue with, it’s some of the people who ‘follow’ them that frighten the living daylights out of me.

“You would have thought the deaths of 39 Italians at the European Cup final Liverpool lost to Juventus in 1985 – plus the five year ban on English clubs that consequently came after that – would have had a sobering effect.

“You would have thought the horrors at Hillsborough and 96 more deaths that followed only four years later would have made everyone more aware of their responsibilities to each other.

“Those two tragedies, in which the central figures were sadly mostly from Liverpool, are arguably football’s most painful Achilles and hopefully will never happen again.”

truth nukes AOTS...yet he's sacked

Unread 26-07-2018, 06:41 PM
waynes ear's

Should have slagged Aspinall off as well just for a laugh

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:03 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
wow just wow....post of the century

titanic me but have just seen this today...what the actual £#%&!

although I suppose no surprise now that Express Newspapers is part of the disgusting Vermin fan club that is Mirror Group

A Sunday Express sports correspondent who was fired after criticising Liverpool FC fans in an online comment piece has vowed to continue fighting his dismissal, which he said was a “gag on freedom of speech”.

Colin Mafham, who has worked as a journalist for 50 years, accused Express Newspapers of ending his career with a “terrible unjust slur” for firing him on the grounds of gross misconduct after 15 years with the Sunday title.

Mafham’s article, which had one paragraph removed before being taken down altogether on the day of publication, included the line: “Why does trouble seem to follow them (Liverpool fans) like bees round a honey pot?”

Urging LFC to “recognise it has a big problem”, Mafham wrote: “It’s not the players who produced that performance who I have an issue with, it’s some of the people who ‘follow’ them that frighten the living daylights out of me.

“You would have thought the deaths of 39 Italians at the European Cup final Liverpool lost to Juventus in 1985 – plus the five year ban on English clubs that consequently came after that – would have had a sobering effect.

“You would have thought the horrors at Hillsborough and 96 more deaths that followed only four years later would have made everyone more aware of their responsibilities to each other.

“Those two tragedies, in which the central figures were sadly mostly from Liverpool, are arguably football’s most painful Achilles and hopefully will never happen again.”

truth nukes AOTS...yet he's sacked
£#%&!ing victims

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...after-14957328

Quote:
The Liverpool ECHO head of sport David Prentice wrote a response describing Mafham's article as "vile, presumptuous and repugnant."
Quote:
Daily Express editor Gary Jones apologised personally to Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson over the story.

Quote:
The Express also published an official apology, calling Mafham’s article “ill-informed and wrong” and saying that it “did not, in any way, reflect the views of the Express”.
Which bit was wrong?

Quote:
“Talking in general terms, freedom of expression for journalists is not a free pass to publish ill-informed, inaccurate, and misjudged comments.
So, you’re now not allowed to write anything which may not be considered in line with the general consensus?

Quote:
“When journalists are given a platform for their opinions, it comes with the quid pro quo that what they write is to be founded on fact and reasoned argument.”
Again, which bit was untrue or unreasonable?

£#%&!ing VERMIN

Unread 03-08-2018, 11:22 PM
Pop

Topic: The Alternative Premier League Table 2017-18

- Bumping this, because I can't wait for the next one. And it's getting closer!

- I'll get it set up this weekend (Prof)

Unread 04-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Switching Off

Unread 04-08-2018, 10:04 PM
utd99

As horrible as it is to consider, they could have a pretty tidy team this year.

Unread 04-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
As horrible as it is to consider, they could have a pretty tidy team this year.
Second favourites for the league and probably about right

Unread 05-08-2018, 03:58 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Second favourites for the league and probably about right
The hope is always that anyone who excels for them £#%&!s off to a proper team, but it hasn’t happened this off season.
Closed Thread