United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2008, 10:49 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
drogba,adebayor and maybe torres.

what i mean by this is if one of those two were playing. they would be through the middle with ronaldo out wide.

if rooney was better at his actual job (i.e. scoring goals and leading the line UPFRONT) he would be there.

most talk about all the work he does for the team and how he operates alot in midfield etc. abit rich complaining when he isnt picked to the one up top and is picked to do work in midfield

its not a dig at rooney its a fact but most wont admit it.

who is most likely to get a goal for united,who is more likely to pull off defenders and run the channels, whose finishing is the best ay united?
that player will no doubt be chosen to play as the lone striker.

thats a fact.

i love roonedont get me wrong and in time he will improve on all those areas although at the moment it seems as if he is going backwards as opposed to forwards. even rooney biggest fans will have to admit it.

i remember a post on ri about united ruining rooney. not saying its true but its a valid question.

i remember a game we were drawing at ot against portsmouth on 5-15 kick off and the ball broke to rooney in the last 5 or so minutes and he control,touch, technique was first class and the commentator said the united faithful have no doubt in the minds about the outcome and this was before he scored...
think about him now.

just want him to go back to playing uptop and doing his job.
if he actually played in his position he might be able to show he is the best at it. playing him on the left of midfield then complaining he isnt doing a strikers job is a bit rich.

Unread 23-04-2008, 10:54 PM
chorleyred

I honestly believe this has £#%&! all to do with the players, it's about how scared fergie is of just saying go out there and play your natural game like you do every week.

it's why liverpool look good at containing teams in europe, because they always play like it domestically. we are the only british team that changes their tried and tested systems for europe, and it's crazy as we are the best team in britain

been saying it for years, we used to be too gung ho away in europe for years, then the last few years fergie has gone too far the other way

I'd love to see the shackles come off away in europe again

Unread 23-04-2008, 10:57 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I honestly believe this has £#%&! all to do with the players, it's about how scared fergie is of just saying go out there and play your natural game like you do every week.

it's why liverpool look good at containing teams in europe, because they always play like it domestically. we are the only british team that changes their tried and tested systems for europe, and it's crazy as we are the best team in britain

been saying it for years, we used to be too gung ho away in europe for years, then the last few years fergie has gone too far the other way

Exactly my view. I dont blame any of the players for how we play in europe. It's very frustrating.

I do admit to having a laugh at Park though, but thats fine i think

Unread 23-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Sloppy

I really dont understand the playing of rooney wide.Does it add to our shape defending or going forward?It does neither to both.We have a guy who will work his nuts off and cause trouble at the heart of their defence wasted outside just stopping the odd cross.Its totally baffling.It just puts him out of the game.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Rooney wasn't anything like fully mobile

And most of the ball he received was gash

(From that formation United can be devastating)

Carrick's passing was shocking for some reason tonight, and Tevez didn't turn up either

These are the main reasons why were unable to impose ourselves going forward

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Rooney wasn't anything like fully mobile

And most of the ball he received was gash

(From that formation United can be devastating)

Carrick's passing was shocking for some reason tonight, and Tevez didn't turn up either

These are the main reasons why were unable to impose ourselves going forward
%@#$&!s

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
%@#$&!s
well obviously he was there

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Barracuda

Quote:

Spot on.

In Euro away games SAF's whole gameplan, tactics, formations, selections etc, are tailored for one thing - and that is to nullify the opposition. The better (or bigger name) the opponents are, the more concentrated it becomes.

He's become almost terrified of being done on the counter, to the extent where he alters an outstanding attacking team to guard against it. It's very frustrating to see, particularly as our normal game is far too fast and powerful for most of those teams to cope with.

Although 0-0 is not a brilliant result and we all wanted an away goal, - it does mean we now have no option but to go for a win. If we'd had some kind of cushion, we might have gone all cagey and timid again in the home leg?

If 0-0 means we take the handbrake off at OT, then it might not be such a poor night after all ..... hopefully!

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:36 PM
chorleyred

my mate at work is a season ticket holder at rovers.

first thing he said to me on monday was how he can't believe how fast and how good we are at one touch football at such pace through the midfield and that he never sees any other teams play such good stuff at such a high tempo.

we never see that away in europe these days, which is criminal really with the players we have as not many can live with us

luckily our home form is pretty sound in the cl, and hopefully will continue to be so

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
well obviously he was there
barely remember him getting in attack at all. disconcerting to see him attempting to clear his lines on the edge of our box.

although the same could be said about rooney tonight. and jspark.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Camel

Quote:
my mate at work is a season ticket holder at rovers.
you lost the serious vote there.

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:40 PM
chorleyred

he's actually a sound bloke unlike most of the idiots round here that support them

Unread 23-04-2008, 11:49 PM
irk

Quote:
he's actually a sound bloke unlike most of the idiots round here that support them
is he called clegg?

Unread 24-04-2008, 08:02 AM
keano's love

I think its time Rooney had a talk to ferguson and said, stick you wing work up your arse. nft. my best position is up front and I want to play there.

Unread 24-04-2008, 08:52 AM
gigo

Thumbs up

Quote:

Spot on ! ATTACK ! ATTACK ! ATTACK !
Closed Thread