United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:28 PM
magic_cantona

Default Everton points deduction REDUCED.

Now 6 points, not 10.

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:30 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Can Luton appeal the appeal?

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Don’t they have a second charge looming?

Be funny if they got a four point deduction

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:48 PM
Ethers

City will be buzzing

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
City will be buzzing
Probably get given those four points.

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:55 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
City will be buzzing
nah, totally irrelevant to their situation.

They still need to get absolutely £#%&!ed by the PL for what they've done or we might as well all just take the ball and go home.

I don't think it's being too dramatic to say that the future existince of top flight football as we know it, and possibly the future of our children and mankind itself relies on appropriate punishment being handed out to city.

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:58 PM
Ethers

I don’t think it’s irrelevant at all.

If Everton’s Lionel Hutz lawyers have found enough issues to get their punishment almost halved, City’s fleet of top legal tosspots will be licking their lips.

Could well make the PL decide to err on the side of being lenient in any future punishment

Unread 26-02-2024, 03:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I don’t think it’s irrelevant at all.

If Everton’s Lionel Hutz lawyers have found enough issues to get their punishment almost halved, City’s fleet of top legal tosspots will be licking their lips.

Could well make the PL decide to err on the side of being lenient in any future punishment
I think you're bob on. I said when this appeal was lobbed in that, if successful, City will be the biggest benefactors. The PL are already backing down and this is Everton. Can see City getting a very £#%&! all charge now and certainly not titles removed.

Unread 26-02-2024, 03:50 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

They were never ever gonna get titles removed

Unread 26-02-2024, 04:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
This.

A small points deduction (10 or less) will be as bad as it gets IMO

Unread 26-02-2024, 04:43 PM
Sparky***

A green light for people to ignore all the rules then.

Fantastic.

Quote:
Can Luton appeal the appeal?
I genuinely hope whoever gets relegated sues Everton and the Premier league.

What's the point in having these rules if you can just ignore them with minimal repercussions.

Unread 26-02-2024, 04:46 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This.

A small points deduction (10 or less) will be as bad as it gets IMO
Everton plead guilty to 1 offence & got a 10 point deduction, now down to 6. City have got 115 charges against them & they're denying every one.

Not sure the cases are totally comparable.

The only glimmer of hope that the PL actually have the balls to do something is that if City get away with it, the spectre of the Super League will rear its head again with the bigger clubs it's a better option that trying to compete with a nation sponsored cheat
The PL may well have to choose between appeasing City or effectively killing the geese that lay the golden eggs.

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:09 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Why? This has never happened to a multi title winning team before so how can you rule it out?*

*unless there's a rule specifically saying it's not on the table

Unread 26-02-2024, 08:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
Everton plead guilty to 1 offence & got a 10 point deduction, now down to 6. City have got 115 charges against them & they're denying every one.

Not sure the cases are totally comparable.

The only glimmer of hope that the PL actually have the balls to do something is that if City get away with it, the spectre of the Super League will rear its head again with the bigger clubs it's a better option that trying to compete with a nation sponsored cheat
The PL may well have to choose between appeasing City or effectively killing the geese that lay the golden eggs.
The cases might not be comparable, but I think the attitude towards it from the PL might be.

They’ve climbed down here. There was a huge backlash and taking points off teams creates a massive shit storm. I just don’t see them doing anything especially shocking.

I think talk of them being relegated and stripped of titles is fanciful tbh

Unread 27-02-2024, 09:33 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Don’t they have a second charge looming?

Be funny if they got a four point deduction

You just know that's gonna happen it's so predictable & sadly so is the fact that the yellow belly's@The Premier League are gonna completly bottle-out of punishing cITY!

Unread 28-02-2024, 02:39 AM
armchair

just £#%&! off all the fpp stuff. no-one cares. City has already shown you can cheat without any consequences.

let's drop the pretense.

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:35 PM
red in cumbria

Don't see why this is such a bad sign as far as city are concerned tbh - they've had the penalty reduced by less than half, not dropped.