United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Yea, the idea that being out of every major competition to 'concentrate' on the League is a load of bullshit. The last couple of months is all about having important games every three or four days; tough aways games, glamour ties in Europe, League deciders etc. Being out of Europe and the FA Cup so early this season has been £#%&!ing shit.
I've never understood the calls for a winter break. Whenever a team goes a week in between games they look as rusty as Fellaini's barber's scissors. United always look better when involved in multiple competitions - the itensity drives us.

Unread 27-03-2012, 10:51 PM
dunk

£#%&! the CL, its over bloated £#%&! and deserves to be treated with disdain.

Plus, you can't be in the final stages every season, no one is or ever has been. We'll be back next season with the players appetite for it refreshed.

Unread 27-03-2012, 10:59 PM
S/Side.Red

I wouldn't give them a prayer against Barca.

They took advantage of a poor Benfica defence tonight, but in general play they're so average. Barca would have to have two seriously bad nights for Chelsea to have any chance.

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I wouldn't give them a prayer against Barca.

They took advantage of a poor Benfica defence tonight, but in general play they're so average. Barca would have to have two seriously bad nights for Chelsea to have any chance.
As I think I have said before, remember how close Chelsea ran them in 2008/09 - and consider how (un)likely that is now.

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:05 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
As I think I have said before, remember how close Chelsea ran them in 2008/09 - and consider how (un)likely that is now.
Chelsea were a much better side, with a much better manager in 2009.

Still, stranger things have happened.

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:06 PM
saffers

Of everyone left in the CL right now Chelsea is the team Barca would least like to face.(though that says more about the horrendous quality of european football right now, more than anything else).

With their chances of champions league qualification thru the league looking extremely slim, they will be putting absolutely everything into those semis against Barca.

I'd say Barca would usually end up on top but their defence this season has looked as ropey as it has been under. Just makes you wonder how much less of a team they'll become when they can't call on Puyol anymore, when Xavi inevitably declines from the insane level he's been playing at for 4 years now.

I can't even say i'll be that arsed if Chelsea do it, ever since Moscow any sort of hatred/dislike for them has turned into ambivalence. I'd be horrified to see any other English team win it, Chelsea doing it would just spark nothingness. If they win it and finish 5th that sends poor Spurs into the europa.

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:16 PM
borsuk

you can £#%&! off if you think watching that @#%&! terry lift the european cup will be met with ambivalence by any right thinking person

i want all english clubs bar united out of the competition asap every year, not arsed who beats them or how, just get them out

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:17 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
you can £#%&! off if you think watching that @#%&! terry lift the european cup will be met with ambivalence by any right thinking person

i want all english clubs bar united out of the competition asap every year, not arsed who beats them or how, just get them out
Preach that shit.

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:21 PM
saffers

I'm just not arsed about them, they're a plastic hollow club who have spent more on managers than we've spent on players in recent years ffs.

Didn't say I hope they won it... I'd feel nothing if they won it, i'm sure others who take them more seriously might do. Like yourself Borys. Or Southern reds who have to deal with those #@&%!s daily(no hate).

They're a joke of a club, owned by a Russian using blood money, captained by a racist tout.

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:

..Is the right answer

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:28 PM
The Watcher

For those who aren't familiar with it, a summary of the Souness years at Benfica:

http://thefcf.co.uk/2012/02/06/graem...benfica/11921/

Big Sou had a bit of a "magic" in Lisbon, nqat :shakehead:

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing hell, so this god-awful shambles of a Chelsea team have one foot in the semi finals of the £#%&!ing Champions League?

Thank god barcelona and Real madrid are still in it.

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:55 PM
dunk

No cockney team should ever be allowed to win the European Cup.

Unread 27-03-2012, 11:57 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Yep,
I think that sums it up nicely.

I have a feeling of total indifference towards Chelsea but the thought of John Terry & co. lifting the European Cup is enough to make you give up on Football altogether.

Unread 28-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No cockney team should ever be allowed to win the European Cup.
Don't worry, West Ham are in the championship.

Unread 28-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Sandman

I don't want Barca winning it either tbh.

Hala Madrid

Unread 28-03-2012, 12:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Don't worry, West Ham are in the championship.
For now. It's only a matter of time once Big Sam and Ravers are working in harness

Unread 28-03-2012, 12:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I don't want Barca winning it either tbh.

Hala Madrid
I hope no one wins that or the FA Cup tbh

Unread 28-03-2012, 12:03 AM
armchair

Either of the big spanish teams will eviscerate chelsea.

Take that shadowplay!

Unread 28-03-2012, 12:04 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
For now. It's only a matter of time once Big Sam and Ravers are working in harness
Rumours Big Ravvers might be sacked. Apparently fallen out with Nolan too
Closed Thread