United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2009, 10:45 AM
marlo

Default Re: ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Perhaps you're right, but you said Fergie had actually 'failed' with Ronaldo. So him being the best footballer in the world has £#%&! all to do with Fergie but him not being as good as he could be is all Fergie's fault. Right.
fergie had a minimal part to play in ronaldos development as ronaldk had that self drive and wanted to be the best himself.
judge fergie on the other players who need abut of work...
for example how many attaking players has fergie bought and developed that could he sold for more that the purchase price (last 7 years)

Unread 15-11-2009, 10:59 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
fergie had a minimal part to play in ronaldos development as ronaldk had that self drive and wanted to be the best himself.
judge fergie on the other players who need abut of work...
for example how many attaking players has fergie bought and developed that could he sold for more that the purchase price (last 7 years)
rossi - purchased for 1m, sold for 7m
saha should have gone for more if not for injury
park bought for 4m, now his value is considerably higher

ronaldo bought for 12m, sold for 80m
rooney bought for 27m, he could fetch a price around 50m in todays market
nani bought for an initial 8m, with add ons, now could be sold for 15m

macheda bought for free, an italian side would be happy to pay more 5m for him now.

Unread 15-11-2009, 11:51 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio

macheda bought for free, an italian side would be happy to pay more 5m for him now.
yeah, but apart from those, who has fergie really...

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:00 PM
marlo

Quote:

rossi should still be at he club if we developed to a good standard especially now that we have owen.

park?? are you having a £#%&!ing laugh????

Saha? went for a fraction of what we bought him for

rooney would go for about 30m and no more

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:07 PM
rafabio

also I don't understand why this obsession over only attacking players. Why you should only consider attacking players when analyzing fergie's career? why not defensive players. Are they not as important to a team?

if you think about defensive players, I won't go to the 90's where probably you could have around 10-12 players who became superb players under fergie.

Rio came in as a defender with talent to be the best but unfulfilled. Now is the best defender, for me since maldini in the world.

vidic and evra, came as unknown defenders, now one of the best in their world. scarily we could make around 50m profit on those 2 alone.

evans and cathcart, one is already being thought as a future united captain and one of the best upcoming central defenders in the world. Another one is hugely talented and is already captain of NI Under 21s.
Then you have pique who was bought for peanuts and sold for 7m only because he didn't want to bide his time and the bench.

rafael and fabio, our future fullbacks. Then you can see how much improvement o shea and brown have had in their game.

If you want to criticize fergie at all, then only goalkeeping and centre midfield are the areas of concern. Although we had a largely untroubled periods in goalkeeping from schmeichels ( sp?) and van der sar's time, the middle period was turbulent to say the least.

And in centre midfield although he brought through keane and scholes initially, somehow it has not worked out properly since the time we have had to replace him. even carrick is a bit underwhelming in all important matches and hargreaves would have been a good find but for his injury. anderson looks a bit misfit and we all know about djemba, kleberson.

But all in all, only a fool will complain about development of players under fergie.

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:11 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
rossi should still be at he club if we developed to a good standard especially now that we have owen.

park?? are you having a £#%&!ing laugh????

Saha? went for a fraction of what we bought him for

rooney would go for about 30m and no more
like I had said yesterday about cole finding his level at west ham, rossi has found his level at villareal. there was a good piece on villareal and rossi in guardian a few weeks back.

although we only note his goals on highlights, he has largely struggled at times there. I don't think he will move to a top club in his time. I think he will be hovering around the 2nd tier of teams in the big leagues. so hardly you can complain about rossi not being here.

you asked about on whom we could make a profit. if park is sold today, we stand to make a profit.

as I said, it was only his problems with injury and confidence that led to saha's problems. If not SAF would have been hailed again for finding a gem in saha.

how do you know rooney wouldn't go for more than 30m? adebayor at 26 years of age, went for 25m. that too after arsenal evidently were happy to push him out. berbatov cost 30m, kaka 50m, benzema 40m.... you must be joking if you think rooney isn't worth more than 30m. Either that or you have an agenda against fergie/united.

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:

But all in all, only a fool will complain about development of players under fergie.
Correct.

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:39 PM
wonky no

Quote:

beckham
ole, didn't leave but i'm sure he would have sold for around 5 mill (spurs)
giggs, didn't leave but juve wanted to pay any money for him
scholes............as above
cantona, worth more than 1.5 mill? i think so.
brian mcclair - golden boot winner (didn't leave)

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:54 PM
rafabio

the topic has totally deviated from its original intention ( nani and not the wum or ITK )

watched bits of bosnia vs portugal match yesterday. nani was disappointing and hauled off around 65 min mark.

I will never understand why the lad wants to break his stride and stop his run instead of just driving towards the full back.

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:56 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Either that or you have an agenda against fergie/united.
surely not? i'm shocked.

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:56 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
beckham
ole, didn't leave but i'm sure he would have sold for around 5 mill (spurs)
giggs, didn't leave but juve wanted to pay any money for him
scholes............as above
cantona, worth more than 1.5 mill? i think so.
brian mcclair - golden boot winner (didn't leave)
the poster wanted to know about current players although I included recent ones.

if we go back from the day he got the job, he probably could have got 10x times the amount of money he spent. But it doesn't work like that since we wouldn't want to lose the best players.

scholes, keane and giggs alone in their prime would have fetched around 100m.

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:57 PM
borsuk

Quote:
watched bits of bosnia vs portugal match yesterday. nani was disappointing and hauled off around 65 min mark.
fergie ruining his career again. why won't fergie give him a run in the portuguese side ffs?

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up Re: I'll miss Nanners

Nobody would miss Nanner's.

lock the thread

Unread 15-11-2009, 01:00 PM
wonky no

Quote:
the poster wanted to know about current players although I included recent ones.

if we go back from the day he got the job, he probably could have got 10x times the amount of money he spent. But it doesn't work like that since we wouldn't want to lose the best players.

scholes, keane and giggs alone in their prime would have fetched around 100m.
campbell
eubanks-blake

Unread 15-11-2009, 01:01 PM
wonky no

Quote:
campbell
eubanks-blake
richardson

Unread 15-11-2009, 01:04 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fergie ruining his career again. why won't fergie give him a run in the portuguese side ffs?
frankly bosnia should have turned over portugal. didn't take their chances. Although saying that I fear for them in the second leg. one mistake one break, bosnia need 3 goals.

it was interesting to hear bob cass write about dzeko to united story. Would certainly like him here.

Unread 15-11-2009, 01:05 PM
rafabio

also I forgot about the cool 8m profit made on mikel

Unread 15-11-2009, 01:13 PM
wonky no

Quote:
also I forgot about the cool 8m profit made on mikel
£#%&! that, the miracle came with the money we recouped for that Leeds @#%&!

Unread 15-11-2009, 01:24 PM
borsuk

Quote:
it was interesting to hear bob cass write about dzeko to united story. Would certainly like him here.
clickety click, clickety click, clickety click, clickety click, clickety click, clickety click, slurp, clickety click, clickety click, clickety click, slurp...

not all that interesting, i would have thought, but whatever floats your boat, eh.

Unread 15-11-2009, 01:26 PM
borsuk

Quote:
richardson
chadwick, eagles, dave jones, campbell
Closed Thread