United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Scabs

I can't rep you on my phone Zorg, but you deserve it.

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:35 AM
My Name is Keith

Thought he was united's best player in 99, a fairly important year. Was superb for united pretty much the entire time he was at the club.

Aside from that, I can't see what the problem is with his kid modelling either. So what? His family is in the limelight, his wife is in the fashion business and Burberry feel that his kid can sell clothes. Who £#%&!ing cares.

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:37 AM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Thought he was united's best player in 99, a fairly important year for united. Was superb for united pretty much the entire time he was at the club.

Aside from that, I can't see what the problem is with his kid modelling either. So what? He's family is in the limelight, his wife is in the fashion business and Burberry feel that his kid can sell clothes. Who £#%&!ing cares.
Absolutely. Whats wrong with that?

A grown man saying he'd like to smash a kids teeth in ffs

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Crumps

Didn't Fergie call him the best bet unnatural talent he ever had? Top player in his day but £#%&! me he was overrated by casual observers.

Anyone that says his performances didn't drop is looking back and letting their posters and special editions of Hello cloud their judgement. The fact he was travelling to and from Hertfordshire to train some days was £#%&!ing ridiculous there was a definite drop in his level of performance too in the 18 months before he left. Anyway he went and we got Ronnie, old news. Viva Ronaldo.

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Sandman

Can't believe the turn this thread has taken tbh, loved him as a player.

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Can't believe the turn this thread has taken tbh, loved him as a player.

new to fred pol?

Unread 18-12-2012, 09:01 AM
MUFC One Love

Beckham was brilliant tbh. As time goes on you appreciate even more what a top player he was.

Unread 18-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

when you think about it, SAF had four of europe's best or at least exciting midfields over a period of a period of about 6 seasons and he still barely managed to win one european cup.

Unread 18-12-2012, 09:54 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
when you think about it, SAF had four of europe's best or at least exciting midfields over a period of a period of about 6 seasons and he still barely managed to win one european cup.
this is true
I always felt there was an over reliance on DB7 in europe and he got sussed out a bit

Unread 18-12-2012, 10:11 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Didn't Fergie call him the best bet unnatural talent he ever had? Top player in his day but £#%&! me he was overrated by casual observers.

Anyone that says his performances didn't drop is looking back and letting their posters and special editions of Hello cloud their judgement. The fact he was travelling to and from Hertfordshire to train some days was £#%&!ing ridiculous there was a definite drop in his level of performance too in the 18 months before he left. Anyway he went and we got Ronnie, old news. Viva Ronaldo.
Can't disagree, one of the best in Europe in 99 (second to Rivaldo officially?) but England fans after his 'redemption' against Greece really did oversell him, wasn't up there with Zidane and Scholes at that time

Unread 18-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
No, I remember Solskjaer being put there by SAF once Beckham had gone

I'm not a kid so enough of your condescension ta :£#%&!er:

£#%&! me, if you are as world-wise as you pretend to be you would have understood my Norman reference

Should I have called you Mr Bates?

You are a creepy £#%&!er, I'd venture aspergers if not full-on autistic

Does that clarify it sufficiently or do you want me to draw a picture!

Bed-wetter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Integral part

£#%&!ing brummies dictating what constitutes being a 'red' FFS

Weird spindly little @#%&! :shakehead:

i £#%&!ing love mao when he goes off on one. i think his missus has been hiding his beef

mao and sparky are absolutely spot on about beckham. he was a fantastic player for us and to put the likes of ashley cole, alonso and £#%&!ing totti ahead of him is ludicrous.

Unread 18-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Harri Jaffa

Couldn't give a £#%&!

Unread 18-12-2012, 11:57 AM
thrush

£#%&! me he's over-rated by some. Was outstanding in his breakthrough 96-97 season (Tottenham away being a particular highlight), but he was never in the top three in the team for me, though he was an unbelievable striker of the ball.

Roy Keane was that 99 team full stop. If anyone needed any evidence, look at the capitulation 98 and more importantly, the 5-0 mauling at Stamford Bridge when we were treble champions...and no, it wasn't because he was good at shouting at people, it was because he was a £#%&!ing dog's %@#$&!s of a midfielder. At a far greater level than Beckham ever was or could be

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Coracao

Beckham was a top player.

But, can only guess you haven't seen much of Totti if you think it is lunacy putting him ahead of Beckham. Perhaps it'd more more lunacy putting Beckham over Totti...

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Coracao

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:19 PM
king kong

Always liked Beckham as a player tbh

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:27 PM
eusker

Adult-sized newtons in a child-sized head are hilarious. Got some belting photos of our eldest to embarrass him with when he's older.

Beckham was superb for United. Couldn't care less what he gets up to nowadays.

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:40 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Excellent member of the team, not the great that some suggest and individually not up there amongst the best, but a great as far as that team went.

The 'Brand' got bigger then the player because the Brand got as big as anything on the planet and his football definitely suffered as a result. He was never an Eric or Ronnie, but a top pro and a top red who always gave his all and played his life cards superbly.

I've known a couple of people who knew him well through out his utd career and they have nothing but high praise for him as a man.

Unread 18-12-2012, 12:55 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

i £#%&!ing love mao when he goes off on one. i think his missus has been hiding his beef

mao and sparky are absolutely spot on about beckham. he was a fantastic player for us and to put the likes of ashley cole, alonso and £#%&!ing totti ahead of him is ludicrous.
Agreed. Love DB23, hate Birmingham.

Unread 18-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Agreed. Love DB23, hate Birmingham.
Word.

Some of the shite on this thread
Closed Thread