United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Will you go and watch United's women play?
Yes 6 8.82%
No 37 54.41%
If they're fit 15 22.06%
We shouldn't have a women's team 10 14.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2018, 09:36 PM
sa7

Isn’t it pretty much the only live football the BBC gets these days? Probably part of the reason it is so heavily promoted in certain quarters.

Fwiw I really couldn’t give a toss about the women’s game. Not against it in any way but have no interest in watching a poorer version of the men’s game.

If people were really desperate for us to have a team then I’m pleased for them. But the people just using it as a stick to beat us with can kill themselves in my considered opinion.

I’d probably be a bit more enthusiastic about it if I thought it was an altruistic move on the club’s part, but can’t help thinking it’s a cynical response to the snowballing bad PR which has been brought about by the lack of a women’s side.

Unread 25-03-2018, 10:01 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Isn’t it pretty much the only live football the BBC gets these days? Probably part of the reason it is so heavily promoted in certain quarters.

Fwiw I really couldn’t give a toss about the women’s game. Not against it in any way but have no interest in watching a poorer version of the men’s game.

If people were really desperate for us to have a team then I’m pleased for them. But the people just using it as a stick to beat us with can kill themselves in my considered opinion.

I’d probably be a bit more enthusiastic about it if I thought it was an altruistic move on the club’s part, but can’t help thinking it’s a cynical response to the snowballing bad PR which has been brought about by the lack of a women’s side.

This

This

Oh and this

Unread 25-03-2018, 10:56 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

fa cup

Unread 26-03-2018, 06:20 AM
windy waffles

Case in point. BBC Sports Headlines. Apparently the seventh biggest story in the world of sport is City Ladies beat Sunderland Ladies in extra time in the FA Cup...

Wow. Glad I woke up to read that.

Unread 26-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Not the SEVENTH on the bbc website !!!!!

Oh god...

Weird Lego headed #@&%!...

Unread 26-03-2018, 09:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not the SEVENTH on the bbc website !!!!!

Oh god...

Weird Lego headed #@&%!...
Shut up bunks.

Unread 26-03-2018, 10:06 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Shut up bunks.
Weirdly personal attack, can imagine the fuss bunks would cause if somebody out of the blue insulted him like that.

Time to clean up the language on this forum and treat eachother better.

Unread 26-03-2018, 10:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Weirdly personal attack, can imagine the fuss bunks would cause if somebody out of the blue insulted him like that.

Time to clean up the language on this forum and treat eachother better.
He posted a pic in Lego fancy dress ffs....

Unread 26-03-2018, 10:09 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

Unread 26-03-2018, 10:12 AM
saffers

Quote:
That makes him a "#@&%!"?

Come on mate. No need for it.

From today I will never insult another fredster. Even if they start it(which is 100% of the time). Time to set an example. A lot of people admire me on this forum. Doesn't seem like it considering the hate I get but there is a silent majority that loves the saffers.

Unread 26-03-2018, 10:31 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Forgot about that. Amazing costume tbf.

£#%&! me you've got a good memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
That makes him a "#@&%!"?

Come on mate. No need for it.

From today I will never insult another fredster. Even if they start it(which is 100% of the time). Time to set an example. A lot of people admire me on this forum. Doesn't seem like it considering the hate I get but there is a silent majority that loves the saffers.

#metoo

Unread 26-03-2018, 11:37 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Unread 26-03-2018, 11:44 AM
windy waffles

Trying to find the picture now. Cant find it anywhere. There is references to it, though, on here from back in 2008. Ten years on here ffs.

Unread 26-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Trying to find the picture now. Cant find it anywhere. There is references to it, though, on here from back in 2008. Ten years on here ffs.
Yep, I was trying to find it myself the other day...(that’s why I brought it up now)

Hard to search....

Some odd fancy dress threads on here through the years

Unread 26-03-2018, 12:54 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Yep, I was trying to find it myself the other day...(that’s why I brought it up now)

Hard to search....

Some odd fancy dress threads on here through the years
nowt tops this

Unread 26-03-2018, 01:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Found it:

Ffs

Cracking picture....

Unread 26-03-2018, 01:14 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

the mouth eyes

Unread 26-03-2018, 01:21 PM
windy waffles

Felt like a fanny magnet that night, nqat.

Even more so when the mask came off and they saw the face behind it.

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:22 PM
believe

Quote:
Felt like a fanny magnet that night, nqat.

Even more so when the mask came off and they saw the face behind it.
I remember seeing a picture of you when we were Facebook friend (briefly) and you looked like the taller one of Bert and Ernie

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I remember seeing a picture of you when we were Facebook friend (briefly) and you looked like the taller one of Bert and Ernie
Closed Thread