Unread 21-03-2018, 09:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yeah, you already said pal.
Sparky asked the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
As I told you at the time (we get it, you hate him) he wasn’t playing in the false 6 position, he was more a left sided midfielder...

HTH...
He played in front of the defence...

Call it what ever you like pal...

He was absolute garbage and I don’t hate him I think he’s a very good squad player, but when ever he’s played in midfield (anywhere in midfield) he’s been poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
playing in the what now?
Bunks plays championship manager now.

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:10 PM
Ethers

Had several good games in midfield for us under LVG tbf

But odd judging him out of position in a carling cup tie when the entire side was shite tbf

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Had several good games in midfield for us under LVG tbf

But odd judging him out of position in a carling cup tie when the entire side was shite tbf
Did he?

Genuinely can’t think of many, played his best under LVG in defence

Was good at left back at the World Cup and was it at left back he won Dutch player of the year?

I’m not judging him as a player on one game, sparky asked why he doesn’t play infront of the back four and I answered him he did against Bristol City. He was abysmal that night, as many were like you said.

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Did he?

Genuinely can’t think of many, played his best under LVG in defence

Was good at left back at the World Cup and was it at left back he won Dutch player of the year?

I’m not judging him as a player on one game, sparky asked why he doesn’t play infront of the back four and I answered him he did against Bristol City. He was abysmal that night, as many were like you said.
No, it was in midfield. But that's none of my business.

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:29 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No, it was in midfield. But that's none of my business.
Cheers pal, genuinely couldn’t remember

Doesn’t say much for the Dutch league does it.

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Cheers pal, genuinely couldn’t remember

Doesn’t say much for the Dutch league does it.
I saw his last game for Ajax against PSV at the Arena and he was in midfield. Got ripped apart tbf

Was very dubious about him as I didn't think he had enough to cover his lack of pace. But he was superb in 15/16; has it all upstairs.

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Ethers

Would bloody love to get him upstairs tbh

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Would bloody love to get him upstairs tbh
What's wrong with downstairs?

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:47 PM
sa7

Quote:
It’s a Dutch thing, Ajax......

Taught from a very early age....

in Dutch-influenced curricula, the typical task of a player in the ‘number six’ / false 6 position is to stay mobile between central midfield lines to support the defence during build up play and to feed the attacking movement of players in transition.

They must do this by absolving the off-ball positional and on-ball possession-based pressure from their attacking full-backs and midfielders, to best allow progression of the team’s attack without committing unnecessary turnovers or reducing the space from which to attack from.
Hence, this necessitates being tactically astute in one’s positional awareness and technically astute in one’s dribbling, turning and passing ability, in order to be a quick executer on and off the ball in all phases of transition.

It demands being press resistant, having a high level of concentration and a masterful passing range and vision. Defensively, their task is typically auxiliary in dominating the defensive transition, creating a block with the centre-backs and screening the passing lines to the opponent’s central strikers.

Basically - it’s a concept that mastering transition moments allows you to enforce your defensive solidity in protecting the half-spaces and best create high quality goal-scoring opportunities, there is no position that fits more inherently to this style than the false 6

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:56 PM
AK14

Quote:
I saw his last game for Ajax against PSV at the Arena and he was in midfield. Got ripped apart tbf

Was very dubious about him as I didn't think he had enough to cover his lack of pace. But he was superb in 15/16; has it all upstairs.
Him and Smalling both, but Daley was something else that season. Was great seeing a centre back with such confidence on the ball

I’d like to see him stay tbh, there’s much bigger shit @#%&!s that need the boot before him.

Unread 21-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:

in Dutch-influenced curricula, the typical task of a player in the ‘number six’ / false 6 position is to stay mobile between central midfield lines to support the defence during build up play and to feed the attacking movement of players in transition.

They must do this by absolving the off-ball positional and on-ball possession-based pressure from their attacking full-backs and midfielders, to best allow progression of the team’s attack without committing unnecessary turnovers or reducing the space from which to attack from.
Hence, this necessitates being tactically astute in one’s positional awareness and technically astute in one’s dribbling, turning and passing ability, in order to be a quick executer on and off the ball in all phases of transition.

It demands being press resistant, having a high level of concentration and a masterful passing range and vision. Defensively, their task is typically auxiliary in dominating the defensive transition, creating a block with the centre-backs and screening the passing lines to the opponent’s central strikers.

Basically - it’s a concept that mastering transition moments allows you to enforce your defensive solidity in protecting the half-spaces and best create high quality goal-scoring opportunities, there is no position that fits more inherently to this style than the false 6

Unread 21-03-2018, 11:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Him and Smalling both, but Daley was something else that season. Was great seeing a centre back with such confidence on the ball

I’d like to see him stay tbh, there’s much bigger shit c***s that need the boot before him.
It was never really going to work with Mourinho. As mentioned earlier he was apparently impressed with him early on, but Blind is the most Dutch player you could ask for and we know how Mou feels about the Dutch School. Hard to see where Mou would really trust him.

Dunno if he decided to sit on his contract but he needs a move.

Unread 21-03-2018, 11:02 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

Why did you copy and paste that from a Liverpool fansite?

http://anfieldindex.com/27169/solvin...r-targets.html

Unread 21-03-2018, 11:04 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Looks like Bunks caught one

You actually googled part of his post you oddball

Unread 21-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Looks like Bunks caught one

You actually googled part of his post you oddball
Yeah and?

What's your point?

Unread 21-03-2018, 11:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
It was never really going to work with Mourinho. As mentioned earlier he was apparently impressed with him early on, but Blind is the most Dutch player you could ask for and we know how Mou feels about the Dutch School. Hard to see where Mou would really trust him.

Dunno if he decided to sit on his contract but he needs a move.
A move would be best for him, but for us he could still be very useful because of his versatility. Shame, but if Mou doesn’t rate him then so be it I suppose.

Quote:

Unread 21-03-2018, 11:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Yeah and?

What's your point?
Probably time to have a lie down?

Unread 21-03-2018, 11:08 PM
Sapien

Quote:

Well well well

Unread 21-03-2018, 11:08 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Probably time to have a lie down?
Hmmm no. Don't think so.
Why should I lie down? What's the reason?
Closed Thread