United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2018, 07:42 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Had a decent season, but I just find him a bit of a tit if I'm honest.

Elbowing Tyrone Mings is probably the only bit of his season that stands out for me.

Unread 23-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Lodestar

Wish we'd had him at an earlier stage of his career. #@&%!y bastard but backed it up.

Unread 24-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Neo

Decent first season based on the goals return, I suppose. Highlight was certainly his goals that won us the League Cup final; just a shame that it's a tin-pot trophy.

His time here, however, has largely been a symbol of everything that's wrong with the club over the last few years - it's become all about marketing, Facebook followers, Instagram likes and Twitter retweets. The silly quotes and quirky soundbites have become more important than performances on the pitch.

His original signing would have been motivated by money, both for him and his agent, and also for Woodward and the board. Give him the number 9, get a ridiculous video shot for the 'Gram, and lets get a hashtag trend going. That's what Manchester United is nowadays, and the 'Zlatan' years were the perfect symbol of that. Can we get Rashford up-front now, please.

Unread 24-03-2018, 03:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Decent first season based on the goals return, I suppose. Highlight was certainly his goals that won us the League Cup final; just a shame that it's a tin-pot trophy.

His time here, however, has largely been a symbol of everything that's wrong with the club over the last few years - it's become all about marketing, Facebook followers, Instagram likes and Twitter retweets. The silly quotes and quirky soundbites have become more important than performances on the pitch.

His original signing would have been motivated by money, both for him and his agent, and also for Woodward and the board. Give him the number 9, get a ridiculous video shot for the 'Gram, and lets get a hashtag trend going. That's what Manchester United is nowadays, and the 'Zlatan' years were the perfect symbol of that. Can we get Rashford up-front now, please.
Hard to disagree with this.....

An absolute social media Anchor of a signing...

Unread 24-03-2018, 04:00 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Unread 24-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Pop

I guess we can post this now...

RIP big man. Thoughts are with his widow and children

Unread 24-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Spot on

Unread 24-03-2018, 05:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
#@&%!y bastard but backed it up.
very #@&%!y. reasonably successful.

Unread 24-03-2018, 09:07 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Had a decent season, but I just find him a bit of a tit if I'm honest.

Elbowing Tyrone Mings is probably the only bit of his season that stands out for me.
Yep the free kick and last gasp winner at Wembley was totally overshadowed by that glorious elbow.

Unread 24-03-2018, 09:29 PM
sa7

Hard not to like the lad. Anyone who’s watched some of his proper sit down interviews would know he’s just a world class piss taker, doesn’t take any of his self-aggrandising stuff at all seriously.

[/quote]

Unread 25-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Red Santos

Smile

Didnt want him in the first place.

Decent goal return but £#%&!ed up just as many big game changing chances. Every attacking play was revolved around that Slow walking wardrobe that season.

Never bought into his bullshit talk every @#%&! seems to hang on to. Fanboys pathetically eat his shit up

Glad he's gone and we have a genuine, young hungry, mobile striker with a greater scope for improvement up top for us now to finally replace Rooney.

Zlatan the god of conquerer unicorn. Bye

Unread 25-03-2018, 12:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

You must spread Rep around etc...

Absolutely all of this.
..& yes, Rashford up front through the middle please with Sanchez or Lingard in behind.
Martial on the left.

buy a decent right sided winger/attacker in the summer.

Lukaku can be a last resort impact sub or something.

Unread 25-03-2018, 03:49 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Didnt want him in the first place.

Decent goal return but £#%&!ed up just as many big game changing chances. Every attacking play was revolved around that Slow walking wardrobe that season.

Never bought into his bullshit talk every @#%&! seems to hang on to. Fanboys pathetically eat his shit up

Glad he's gone and we have a genuine, young hungry, mobile striker with a greater scope for improvement up top for us now to finally replace Rooney.

Zlatan the god of conquerer unicorn. Bye

Some that

Biggest crime was seemingly making Lukaku an acceptable big money buy

Unread 25-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Swagger

Despite what the yer da's say on here, he was exactly the mentality needed in the team last season. big ego, big expectations, demanding of himself and others, the type of personality born to play for manchester united unlike your darmians and blinds who are content with making things difficult for bristol city.

Unread 25-03-2018, 09:35 PM
puressence

Gutted

Unread 26-03-2018, 01:11 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Hard not to like the lad. Anyone who’s watched some of his proper sit down interviews would know he’s just a world class piss taker, doesn’t take any of his self-aggrandising stuff at all seriously.

[/quote]

it's clearly just a persona and in person he seems like a very nice bloke.

however, in my own head i'd like to think he's 100% serious.

he did get his wish after all, three years later.

Unread 26-03-2018, 01:45 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven

it's clearly just a persona and in person he seems like a very nice bloke.

however, in my own head i'd like to think he's 100% serious.

https://twitter.com/Ibra_official/st...05482466484224

he did get his wish after all, three years later.
He does drift into self parody but I think it's because he knows he's a nutcase. He was very popular with teammates at PSG and it seems the same at United, but he's still the guy who used to dictate far too much to the owners in Paris and was happy to tell Allegri which players he would play with at Milan. So he seems to have eased off a bit, but I think he's just very aware of his narcissism so plays on it.

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:30 AM
shenwen

Worth a watch if not done already. The story behind that goal for Ajax

Unread 28-03-2018, 11:22 PM
dunk

https://instagram.com/p/Bg32CBXhOGE/

Unread 29-03-2018, 07:27 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would love to see those two have a rumble.
Closed Thread