United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2018, 12:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We've not even moved on from £#%&!ing Roy Keane leaving pal..
Thought we won a champions league and five league titles without him?

Unread 20-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Bloody Van Gaal again. He's gone lads, move on.

Wish United would.
Unfinished business imo. Free agent too atm I believe?

#Louisback

Unread 20-03-2018, 01:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Thought we won a champions league and five league titles without him?
All without a midfield

(I was referring to Carrick getting shit throughout his United career for essentially not being Roy Keane )

Unread 20-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Why do we think that? What evidence is there for it?
Fair question, for the why I would look at how abysmal the league was that year, Leicester winning it, all the other traditional challengers being in a woeful state. Does that really matter when judging if Utd are underachieving, perhaps not. Evidence, impossible to answer, comes down to opinion on the quality of the squad against the others. I was very critical of his squad building, but I still doubt he got the utmost out of what he had, could be a residual expectation of excellence and unwillingness to accept a new reality.

In other thoughts Mou has done a superb job in moving the focus from himself to the players, masterful even. Perhaps he does have some of that old magic remaining.

Unread 20-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
In other thoughts Mou has done a superb job in moving the focus from himself to the players, masterful even. Perhaps he does have some of that old magic remaining.
I’d say he’s moved the focus and pressure from the players to himself.

Unread 20-03-2018, 07:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I’d say he’s moved the focus and pressure from the players to himself.
Always been the tactics, but made more sense when it was digging out other managers, talking about officials or the FA, the Einsteins etc. He's definitely pulling all the focus onto himself, but doing it in a way that's unlikely to endear himself to many of the players.

Having the players play with negativity against a side like Sevilla and then telling the press that lots of those Sevilla players would get in our team feels something that's impossible to have gone down well.

Unread 20-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Having the players play with negativity against a side like Sevilla and then telling the press that lots of those Sevilla players would get in our team feels something that's impossible to have gone down well.
He clearly didn’t want it to go down well. Probably wants half of them to put in transfer requests so it’s cheaper for the club to get rid.

Unread 20-03-2018, 10:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He clearly didn’t want it to go down well. Probably wants half of them to put in transfer requests so it’s cheaper for the club to get rid.
I agree, I think he doesn't care about most of them. And I'm sure he says different things in the dressing room. But it's got to be dangerous. Besides, to me it makes him come across less confident in his abilities these days. Trying to coach players through the media and the change from saying that he wanted everyone to forget what went before him to now focusing on it to excuse performances.

A dangerous game but perhaps he thinks so little of the squad he's forcing the club to chose between him and ten players he wants out.

Unread 21-03-2018, 09:02 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I agree, I think he doesn't care about most of them. And I'm sure he says different things in the dressing room. But it's got to be dangerous. Besides, to me it makes him come across less confident in his abilities these days. Trying to coach players through the media and the change from saying that he wanted everyone to forget what went before him to now focusing on it to excuse performances.

A dangerous game but perhaps he thinks so little of the squad he's forcing the club to chose between him and ten players he wants out.
Probably the last thing you said. Maybe it’s an internal battle because he’s wanted rid of numerous players and the money men refuse because of the cost. Seems like the last throw of the dice because he sees the writing on the wall so he has nothing to lose.

But for all we know he’s told the players he’s going to say all kinds of shit publicly to deflect the media and don’t pay any attention.

Unread 21-03-2018, 11:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Probably the last thing you said. Maybe it’s an internal battle because he’s wanted rid of numerous players and the money men refuse because of the cost. Seems like the last throw of the dice because he sees the writing on the wall so he has nothing to lose.

But for all we know he’s told the players he’s going to say all kinds of shit publicly to deflect the media and don’t pay any attention.
Could well be. Maybe feels he cannot be successful with lots of these players so creates this divide that forces the club to either sell the ones he wants or get rid of him and save him the hassle of failing to overtake City with what he feels are inferior players.

I think many clubs would take a look at the performances of Sanchez and Pogba and tell him to do one tbh.

Unread 21-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I think many clubs would take a look at the performances of Sanchez and Pogba and tell him to do one tbh.
As united are 100% ran by the commercial interests these days, I’m sure they will. Not even sure they give a shit how well pogba plays.

Unread 10-04-2018, 10:51 PM
saffers

What did this alice band wearing charlatan make of the derby?
Quote:
So it was 12 minutes of me, me, me. Twelve minutes of excuses for that lame, laboured, dour apology of a performance against Sevilla last Wednesday. Twelve minutes of excuses about why he has been blown away by Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City this season.
3 losses on the bounce for his beloved bald fraud, any comment alice band boy??

Unread 10-04-2018, 11:36 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
What did this alice band wearing charlatan make of the derby?

3 losses on the bounce for his beloved bald fraud, any comment alice band boy??

Unread 11-04-2018, 12:09 AM
Drexl

I literally cannot follow that argument and am glad I am a pre whatever that shite is

Unread 15-04-2018, 05:44 AM
djsst

Quote:
Even City fans have put the setbacks of the past fortnight in perspective. I spoke to one lifelong City supporter last week who was particularly sanguine about the league defeat to United last weekend.
‘Look,’ he said, ‘the way United fans were celebrating last week, that was us once. That was us for 20 years. We knew United would win the league and so all we had left was trying to beat United in the derby. That’s all United have got now.’
Pretends he spoke to a city fan so he can hide behind the " i wasn't me who said it "

Unread 15-04-2018, 06:30 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Pretends he spoke to a city fan so he can hide behind the " i wasn't me who said it "

They all £#%&!ing know that most if not all Utd fans celebrations last week was down the fact that city/sky,BBC had a full party planned to rub our noses in it and we didn't stick to the script like we did at West Ham and Spurs the 2 seasons before.

Fireworks on the roof,venues booked all over town etc.

Unread 15-04-2018, 11:45 AM
sa7

The most irritating thing about this girly haired, goblin faced bitch is his consistent refusal to accept my invitations for a fist fight

Unread 15-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Ethers

Unread 15-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Sparky***

Unread 15-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
United fans never used to celebrate away wins at City.
Closed Thread