United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-03-2024, 02:35 PM
magic_cantona

We were all expecting to be 5 down at half time. We absolutely expecting a good fitting. In the end, it was a worse feeling because we'd given ourself hope of getting at least a point. Tbh, the way we came out for the second half, you couldn't see City not scoring at least once. It was horrible waiting fir them to score, then to finish us off because we were like a boxer who was hanging on after being leveled.

It could've been a lot worse score wise but we're literally on the bare bones of a squad while they have a treble winning squad with endless options. We can only hope Sir Jim and Ineos we're as gutted and aware of the gap as much as we were/are. It can't get any worse now (the gap I mean).

Unread 04-03-2024, 02:46 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
We were all expecting to be 5 down at half time. We absolutely expecting a good fitting. In the end, it was a worse feeling because we'd given ourself hope of getting at least a point. Tbh, the way we came out for the second half, you couldn't see City not scoring at least once. It was horrible waiting fir them to score, then to finish us off because we were like a boxer who was hanging on after being leveled.

It could've been a lot worse score wise but we're literally on the bare bones of a squad while they have a treble winning squad with endless options. We can only hope Sir Jim and Ineos we're as gutted and aware of the gap as much as we were/are. It can't get any worse now (the gap I mean).
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. No use at getting mad over it.

Unread 04-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Only thing I'm mad about is the garnacho pen...

Still convinced he got a touch before he was CLATTERED...

pen for Me...

Unread 04-03-2024, 02:58 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

pen for Me...
I think it's a good tackle but if an outfield player does that, it's a foul and a yellow card.
Why is it different for a keeper.?

Unread 04-03-2024, 03:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
I think it's a good tackle but if an outfield player does that, it's a foul and a yellow card.
Infuriating tbh. First thing I thought that if that was Casemiro he'd have at least got booked.

Unread 04-03-2024, 03:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Yup.

Unread 04-03-2024, 03:31 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:

Erik said after it’s not that big (the gap I mean)

Unread 04-03-2024, 04:33 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

pen for Me...
Other end it's a pen and that's mainly because of how City players react. They've been trained to be hysterical over every single tackle/foul. Garnacho stays down or a few players go mental and it at least gets a review.

Zero dark arts in the team.

Unread 04-03-2024, 05:02 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Other end it's a pen and that's mainly because of how City players react. They've been trained to be hysterical over every single tackle/foul. Garnacho stays down or a few players go mental and it at least gets a review.

Zero dark arts in the team.
Absolutely agree. Klopp and Pep get away with £#%&!ing murder but at least they'll actively and loudly call the bullshit out. I'm sick of EtH not mentioning ANYTHING about the officials. The grip on Bruno at Forest was a straight red, just like Casemiros - nothing said. It's infuriating.

Unread 04-03-2024, 05:05 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Absolutely agree. Klopp and Pep get away with £#%&!ing murder but at least they'll actively and loudly call the bullshit out. I'm sick of EtH not mentioning ANYTHING about the officials. The grip on Bruno at Forest was a straight red, just like Casemiros - nothing said. It's infuriating.
It's mad he doesn't even mention the bullshit decisions. I'd be on it every press conference with powerpoint presentations and shit.

These refs only respond to being bullied.

Unread 04-03-2024, 05:57 PM
marlo

Quote:

current players out injured.

shaw
maguire
hojlund
Martinez
mount

only 3 are starters.

im shocked we can even get a full bench of subs

Unread 04-03-2024, 06:07 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

shaw
maguire
hojlund
Martinez
mount

only 3 are starters.

I know we aren’t the club you support but:

AWB
Malacia
Martial

Unread 04-03-2024, 06:20 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80

AWB
Malacia
Martial
Add in the manchild currently at Dortmund, that’s 40% of our outfield players currently not available.

Unread 04-03-2024, 06:32 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Add in the manchild currently at Dortmund, that’s 40% of our outfield players currently not available.
That’s all Ten Hags fault though

Unread 04-03-2024, 07:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80

AWB
Malacia
Martial

Unread 04-03-2024, 07:22 PM
magic_cantona

Ignoring the scale and longevity of the injury list is weird behaviour. No team in the league has had the problems we've had. I've never seen anything like it.

Unread 04-03-2024, 07:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

shaw
maguire
hojlund
Martinez
mount

only 3 are starters.

Did you not see our bench yesterday?

1Bayindir
4S Amrabat
14Eriksen
16Diallo
21Antony
53Kambwala
62Forson
65Collyer
75Ogunneye

Aside from Antonyand diallo. Nobody on that bench cost a transfer fee

Unread 04-03-2024, 07:43 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

1Bayindir
4S Amrabat
14Eriksen
16Diallo
21Antony
53Kambwala
62Forson
65Collyer
75Ogunneye

And so what?

We are not down to our bare bones. As only 3 starting line up players were missing.

One minutes we need high standards the next minute we are feeling sorry for ourselves.
The City match shouldn’t be looked at in isolation, we are shit and have been since wolves away.
As shit as we are our squad is good enough to compete and even beat city.

If our players have shown this season they aren’t good enough, then so has the manager.
Every week he is £#%&!ing up in one way or the other, in game management, starting line ups, lack of cohesive football.

Unread 04-03-2024, 07:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

1Bayindir
4S Amrabat
14Eriksen
16Diallo
21Antony
53Kambwala
62Forson
65Collyer
75Ogunneye

bayindir.

Unread 04-03-2024, 07:48 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
And so what?

We are not down to our bare bones. As only 3 starting line up players were missing.

One minutes we need high standards the next minute we are feeling sorry for ourselves.
The City match shouldn’t be looked at in isolation, we are shit and have been since wolves away.
As shit as we are our squad is good enough to compete and even beat city.

If our players have shown this season they aren’t good enough, then so has the manager.
Every week he is £#%&!ing up in one way or the other, in game management, starting line ups, lack of cohesive football.
Of the 3 missing, all 3 of their replacements are missing too. We haven’t been great since wolves, but that’s because the players that returned have, 1 by 1, nearly all got injured again, so your argument is contradicted by the facts.

Not for the first time, mind.