United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Tuco

If you're still backing Dalot, Maguire, Rashford, AWB, The Scottish Player and the Glazers over the manager then you're a moron.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:14 PM
Finport Red

Our defence is so bad that AWB is by far our best defender currently. That bad.

I can’t believe how quickly and how far the game has descended into total farce this season. The refereeing, var, the slow mos, what is a handball, what isn’t, it’s all a total mess. There aren’t any hard and fast rules any more, just ones that can be bent and manipulated in whatever way necessary to change the trajectory of a game.

Getting close to done with it all now.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:14 PM
puressence

Whilst players like dalot varane Maguire doing shit like that. £#%&!ing unforgivable that. He’s cost us 2 goals dalot gala and tonite. It’s pub league defending £#%&! me. Controled 70 plus mins easily no pressure.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:15 PM
larry

lose easily in turkey
beat munich reserves
finish third

ZiggyStardust

Let’s call it like it is
We’ve been £#%&!ed by VAR
Proper £#%&!ed

We’re not the sort of side that can overcome playing with 10 men in a CL game

Too many weaknesses and fragility in the squad to cope with that pressure

We were never going to do anything in the CL and would probably have been drawn against city and get utterly annihilated anyway
Just pisses me off over the last 10 years we’ve kept giving these no mark teams the night of their lives

MUFC One Love

Our defending ffs. Varane’s pass to Maguire in the build up to the 4th.

Stringing a few passes together doesn’t mean we are playing great either, we’re just not used to it so it seems good.

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don’t care if we’re playing Copenhagen. At this level you can’t get away with the habitual brain farts we continually have in defence. Wan Bissaka £#%&!s the ball at Onana at chin height for the corner. Varane just kicks the ball up in the air straight to them. And then Dalot just does what he always does and goes to sleep at the back post.

Game over. We are absolutely awful at defending our box.
Yep. Those instances are just what we do and have nothing to do with being down to ten. I thought we actually played that element of it well. We kept the ball well and largely controlled the half. That’s the difficult bit. It’s the basics we couldn’t do.

It was a feature of last season and it’s a feature of this. We simply cannot handle any sustained pressure around our penalty area.

We did so much right tonight, but we can undo it seconds. And we more often than not do.

A draw wasn’t ideal but kept the things alive. A defeat was unthinkable.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:16 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
We’re not out of this yet, a lot of positives to take from tonight’s performance
Agree.

Rassers and Garnacho were fantastic and even when we were down to 10 they showed a lot of maturity for a couple of kids. Bruno was good too.

Just have to do what we’ve been doing in the league and grind out results until Martinez and Shaw are back.

I’d rather we played lindelof at left back over Dalot until then, because that bloke is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us… he’s a £#%&!ing cretin.

Lok

We were a lot better in the final third but it was the same old story at the back. Lots of individual mistakes where players do something stupid or just switch off.

I think they were really lucky. They should have had a man off as well (2nd yellow for elbow) and I'm not convinced it actually went out for the corner for their 3rd.

Whilst I think most of the other decisions were right, VAR is really starting to take the joy out of football.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
We’re not out of this yet, a lot of positives to take from tonight’s performance
11 vs 11 one of our better games.

Not arsed too much about the result as we were dicked around by European refereeing .

There were mistakes from players who when ratcliffe has his paws into the ownership will not be there. We don’t have a proper left back and it shows.

However if we carry that possession building, calmness , one touch play into the rest of the season , we would be playing well.

Had a defender (another one) injured . Had a sending off that wasn’t one . This led to momentum switch and moment where If we had 11 vs 11 maybe those mistakes may not have been made. We certainly would have put the game too.

The game vs Luton, we just need carry in the way we played with 11 men, smash them, keep that momentum going, get big Jim in and glory glory Man Utd

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s bad from Dalot, but there’s 3 or 4 chances to clear the ball before that.

Same with the winner. Some Danish #@&%!head spoons a shot so bad it’s going out for a throw in…it stays in and three passes later it’s in the back of our net.

I can’t believe that. Most of these defeats these days I’m fairly numb to, but when they give you hope it seems like they find a new way to break your heart.

We played well for 35 minutes… fought so hard to get the lead back…then just £#%&! it all up again.

At 2-0, it feels like a bit of momentum maybe building after Fulham, but it’s just back to square one again.

Another game coming up where we need yet another reaction.

It’s exhausting and soul destroying.
I honestly don't know why people are even surprised. The minute they scored within 5 mins of Rashford being sent off I knew exactly how this was going to end.

United simply can't defend for shit. They're bad enough with 11, Let alone a man down with a team being invited to just continually toss balls into the box. They make stupid mistakes, switch off and don't deal with crosses anywhere near well enough.

United have absolutely no business being in this competition, we've been a chaotic mess from the first game. We £#%&!ed this up long before we arrived in copenhagen. We were heading out from the minute we threw the game away against Galatasaray.

That's 3 goals we've scored now in munich and in copenhagen and we still lost both games. The defence is absolute pish. And at this level it will continue to get exposed.

Bunker Buster

Thought we played well.....

AWB & Dalot were AWFUL

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
If you're still backing Dalot, Maguire, Rashford, AWB, The Scottish Player and the Glazers over the manager then you're a moron.
Rashford was playing well… I think that was a ridiculous red. As I said earlier in the thread, there have been loads of incidents in the last few years where players have elbowed opposition players in the head, stamped on legs accidentally, probably been some head butts in there too - and because it’s been accidental they’ve got a yellow at worst. No mention of “endangering the player” then. Intent has always been the main factor in these decisions - Rashford wasn’t even looking at the attacking player when it happened. It should have been a booking and no more.

Also thought Maguire (shock horror) played well for the most part, as did The Scottish Player.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Our defence is so bad that AWB is by far our best defender currently. That bad.

I can’t believe how quickly and how far the game has descended into total farce this season. The refereeing, var, the slow mos, what is a handball, what isn’t, it’s all a total mess. There aren’t any hard and fast rules any more, just ones that can be bent and manipulated in whatever way necessary to change the trajectory of a game.

Getting close to done with it all now.
This. I'm sick of it.

I've said before, you can't celebrate a goal because of the ludicrous reviews and over turns. Fouls which should be reds are yellows and yellows are reds for us. There's penalties given for £#%&! all and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

It's ruined. Football is ruined.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We were a lot better in the final third but it was the same old story at the back. Lots of individual mistakes where players do something stupid or just switch off.

I think they were really lucky. They should have had a man off as well (2nd yellow for elbow) and I'm not convinced it actually went out for the corner for their 3rd.

Whilst I think most of the other decisions were right, VAR is really starting to take the joy out of football.
I’m pretty sure that was the bloke that got the equaliser too?

woody78

We'll win our last 2 and still qualify

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Agree.

Rassers and Garnacho were fantastic and even when we were down to 10 they showed a lot of maturity for a couple of kids. Bruno was good too.

Just have to do what we’ve been doing in the league and grind out results until Martinez and Shaw are back.

I’d rather we played lindelof at left back over Dalot until then, because that bloke is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us… he’s a £#%&!ing cretin.
I’d rather we played Denis Irwin, the actual one currently aged 58.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:19 PM
sweetleftfoot

I get the back Erik, £#%&! the Glazers thing. But some of these substitutions.

And Amrabat. And playing Dalot at left back.

It's hard right now.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot

It's hard right now.
He looks like championship player at the moment. I’m shocked at how slow and ponderous on the ball he is.

Unread 08-11-2023, 11:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot

It's hard right now.
Who should have played at left back and been subbed for Erikson who has no legs ?