United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-10-2023, 08:53 PM
marlo

the glazers rejecting the Qatari bid this week has to shoulder some of the blame for this performance imo.

cant think of anyone else who can be culpable.

Unread 21-10-2023, 08:53 PM
Mr_Ed

No cohesion. No leadership. No pattern of play.

ETH needs to sort it out.

I really think we need to drop Rashford for a while and also is Fernandes captain material?

Unread 21-10-2023, 08:54 PM
jem

always amusing to see who people pick out to blame.

Dasilvatwins

Feels like a testimonial , atmosphere is shit and the tempo is bad.

magic_cantona

Remember when we used to have a defence who used to give it to a winger that used to cross it and we'd score? Great days.

westcoastvan

That was a painful 51 minutes of pure shit.

I hope the second half is...a little better.

Stickman

Our whole coaching team need an almighty kick in the shin.

They are producing NOTHING.

Jethro

Honestly expected worse.

Unread 21-10-2023, 08:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Can only conclude they’re not playing for him. We look utterly deflated .

Need our senior players to step the £#%&! up. Bruno the absolute £#%&!ing @#%&!.

ZiggyStardust

Awful performance in the main although it got better towards the end

We need keep the ball in their half and work their defence instead of this headless chicken kick it up the pitch shit

Give some proper service to Hojlund as even with feeding off scraps he looks sharp

I’d honestly take Bruno off for Mount
Cost us the goal and his chaotic play is a big reason for our lack of composure

woody78

He needs to get erikson on at half time.

Our midfield is disgusting

Unread 21-10-2023, 08:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Need our senior players to step the £#%&! it. Bruno the absolute £#%&!ing @#%&!.
Feels like the defence is playing separate to the midfield who are playing separate to the attack .

Doesn’t help when the majority of players probably wouldn’t be starting . I haven’t seen the bench but bring Eriksen on for Bruno if he is on the bench and shift mcotminay in the no. 10 role.
*edit or Mount

Hojlund should have scored and really has been the only positive . He’s going to be a good player . Has natural striker instincts

Unread 21-10-2023, 08:57 PM
History

Were clearly missing that settled spine from last season

Martinez Varane
Casemiro
Bruno

But this stop gap is not working in the slightest, no control in midfield at all

The defence makes me want to throw up

Unread 21-10-2023, 08:59 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
He needs to get erikson on at half time.

Our midfield is disgusting
Marlo and Jem called that pre season and got slated for it.

Unfair to put too much on Mainoo too.

Soooo unbalanced.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

Martinez Varane
Casemiro
Bruno

But this stop gap is not working in the slightest, no control in midfield at all

Considering normally 75% of them (back 4) wouldn’t be starting . We are a sum of our parts and it’s showing . Evans and Maguire are too slow with the ball. Can’t seem to get the ball out quick enough and the midfield just keeps losing the ball.

As a result it looks like ETH has told them to pump it long to rashford quickly to bypass our shite midfield , we were a bit better towards the end but it’s a poor half

Sparky***

reminder that this lot lost EIGHT £#%&!ING NIL in their last home game and but for a spawny, totally against the run of play goal, they'd be winning.

This just can't continue. There's absolutely no way the manager sees the season out at this rate. They don't look capable of beating anyone even remotely convincingly. Sheff Utd are the worst team in the league. There's nobody in this league as bad as them and we can't even assert ourselves on them.

It's nowhere near approaching remotely good enough, I'm not expecting us to win every game 4-0 but £#%&!ing hell something resembling cohesive football would be a start no?

What the £#%&! do we do at Carrington every day? Pass it harmlessly round the back and then 'quarterback it' up the pitch to nobody? Considering how much that team out there cost, this is the worst football i've ever seen United play. The absolute worst.

pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Need our senior players to step the £#%&! up. Bruno the absolute £#%&!ing @#%&!.
don't think that's the case. you could tell from the Brentford game they still are trying and still want to win.

ETH has had absolutely zero effect at imposing any sense of cohesion etc, nothing about us seems well trained

Unread 21-10-2023, 09:00 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

DDG

Martinez Varane
Casemiro
Bruno

Amended slightly

Unread 21-10-2023, 09:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Enjoyable.......

Onana and Antony stand outs....

Winning this

Unread 21-10-2023, 09:02 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the glazers rejecting the Qatari bid this week has to shoulder some of the blame for this performance imo.

cant think of anyone else who can be culpable.
I would really like to reply to your post but am unsure as to the minimum annual income that allows me to.

Can I include my wife's salary?