United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:10 PM
Sparky***

80% possession with 4 shots on target tells it own story. It's absolutely desperate stuff.

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:14 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
80% possession with 4 shots on target tells it own story. It's absolutely desperate stuff.
Reminded me of the van gaal era today. Never looked liked scoring

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:19 PM
Finport Red

We looked more of a threat down the left when garnacho came on. It’s difficult to score when the opposition gets a goal up and then camps on their own box, but the number of times Bruno or dalot try a shot when there is an opposing player less than 3 feet in front of them is really annoying now.

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:23 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Only scored 4 goals once under ETH i read elsewhere.

Sign a striker that didn’t score a league goal.

There’s a pattern if anyone will be objective.

Reminds me of van gals United. Not knowing what to do in the final third.

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:41 PM
My Name is Heath

Most useless bit of possession since Exorcist 6: Stephen Hawking rollerblading in the Alps

We honestly just need to do an insurance job

Get Big Vern to burn the whole lot down to the ground

Every effing week we are like this

We’ve had more false Dawns than Lenny Henry 20 years ago when evil robot company kidnapped his missus and sent him robot imitations.

It’s not a case of playing X here or Y there.

Mourinjo knew we were damaged goods

Ronaldo too. And he got hounded out of town.

We are not fit to lick his boots

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

The gimps got Ronaldo in because they thought he could do a Tom Brady for us, which just shows how they don't understand (our) football.

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:45 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Only scored 4 goals once under ETH i read elsewhere.

Sign a striker that didn’t score a league goal.

There’s a pattern if anyone will be objective.

Reminds me of van gals United. Not knowing what to do in the final third.
This is the issue. Casemiro aside, who has been signed who either i) wasn’t coached by him at a previous club or ii) isn’t represented by his own agency. This is why I can’t buy into this %@#$&!s of “if only he was allowed to sign the players he wants”. He’s signing player after player that he knows and wants. This is now resoundingly his team and his system. This isn’t a Chelsea-style fiasco where players are being flung together randomly from four corners of the globe. The signings suggest he’s got relative freedom in dictating who comes in.

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Enjoyed that.

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
This is the issue. Casemiro aside, who has been signed who either i) wasn’t coached by him at a previous club or ii) isn’t represented by his own agency. This is why I can’t buy into this %@#$&!s of “if only he was allowed to sign the players he wants”. He’s signing player after player that he knows and wants. This is now resoundingly his team and his system. This isn’t a Chelsea-style fiasco where players are being flung together randomly from four corners of the globe. The signings suggest he’s got relative freedom in dictating who comes in.
Except for all the players that are injured, and the ones still here even though he doesn't want them.

EtH wasn't responsible for our beyond laughable summer "tour" either.

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:51 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Ronaldo too. And he got hounded out of town.

We are not fit to lick his boots
Our GOAT merely pointed out what the world needed to hear, and The Mob mercilessly chased him to the deserts of Arabia for it.

#JusticeForCR7
#JusticeForNeo
#FOTY2023

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Except for all the players that are injured, and the ones still here even though he doesn't want them.

So how much responsibility should he shoulder for todays performance?

A percentage will do if you prefer.

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
So how much responsibility should he shoulder for todays performance?

A percentage will do if you prefer.
Some, maybe even a significant amount.

But please, stop pretending that changing the manager would transform things. I thought we laughed at Chelsea?

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:54 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:

The only attacker missing is his £70 million winger who has 4 league goals in almost 30 games. None of this explains why this side can’t score goals. Front 6 today included 3 of his signings at almost £200 million .. and Bruno who generally scores far less now than he did under Ole. This is systemic.

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:56 PM
marlo

Quote:

the bad eggs and toxic players -
The Scottish Player , maguire, sancho, martial.
They don’t even play meaningful minutes ffs so what difference will them leaving make.
My opinion is that the players aren’t buying into his philosophy and can’t blame them as £#%&! knows what it is.

2. Arsenal went on a similar tour!

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:56 PM
AK14

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:57 PM
puressence

Peak Louis van gaal 2014-15 season stuff that. First half especially. So slow turgid boring as £#%&! football. . The annoying thing is they don’t have to play like that. Not seen out since was that a handball second half looked £#%&!ing nailed on at our end. Ref massive @#%&!. Plus point met Stoney Funners and jaffo

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:57 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
The only attacker missing is his £70 million winger who has 4 league goals in almost 30 games. None of this explains why this side can’t score goals. Front 6 today included 3 of his signings at £200 million .. and Bruno who generally scores far less now than he did under Ole. This is systemic.
And only missing his 80m man who is known for his output

Unread 30-09-2023, 06:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the bad eggs and toxic players -
The Scottish Player , maguire, sancho, martial.
They don’t even play meaningful minutes ffs so what difference will them leaving make.
My opinion is that the players aren’t buying into his philosophy and can’t blame them as £#%&! knows what it is.

2. Arsenal went on a similar tour!
You really think it only counts if they actually play? They still stink out the place.

Unread 30-09-2023, 07:01 PM
marlo

Quote:
You really think it only counts if they actually play? They still stink out the place.
So those 4 players are the reason we can’t just play any sort of decent football.
Maybe then being on the bench is why we make pathetic subs and never seem to be in control of the game.

Aren’t you embarrassed? seriously though. Is eth your wife?

Unread 30-09-2023, 07:15 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Some, maybe even a significant amount.

But please, stop pretending that changing the manager would transform things. I thought we laughed at Chelsea?
What are you talking about you absolute spanner? Where have I even hinted at changing the manager?

The manager should be fairly judged on what he delivers. That today was £#%&!ing abysmal. Van gaal dogshit. We never even looked remotely threatening, nevermind scoring. Dull lifeless and about as far away from United’s supposed DNA as you can get.

I hope he takes it on the chin rather than come out with the bullshit he’s worryingly started to do.