United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Get the ball into Pogba and Lingard at every opportunity.
Mou obviously read the thread at HT

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:26 PM
utd99

Well done. Pogba immense, two very good goals. Everton were very poor.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:28 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Good win

Played much better second half.

Lingard Pogba martial all on it

No surprise we play best stuff without Lukaku
pogs move to the left side had more to do with it. space made for him and he'll pick a pass. he's the difference , and needs to play there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Great 2nd half performance
Finally started to play with some intensity for the first time in weeks

Great goal by Martial but didn’t do a lot else of a high quality in the game
Pogba was a class above but Lingard and Shaw were excellent as well
Feels like it might be a turning point for Shaw as he surely has to be earning Jose’s trust with these performances

Lingard has really made a big step up in the last 2 months
Was always doing good work in general play but lack of end product in the final third however now he’s adding goals (special goals at that) which is something he’s always had in his locker if you watched him for the reserves

How f***ing bad were Everton
Good luck enjoying Big Sam football
played for 0-1.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:29 PM
saffers

McCarthy, cheeky bid?

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:30 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Everton shite, fair play to Rooney for falling over for the first goal.

Much better from United second half, could’ve been 4/5 in the end.

Shaw brilliant. Has to have got into Jose’s good books now.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

And a Martial goal

Bet you're thrilled...

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:31 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

What do you make of Martial's goal you d!ck?

"shipped out in the summer" Fool

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
McCarthy, cheeky bid?
Shocking lack of aggression in that Everton midfield until he came on. How did Schneiderlin ever end up at Utd, makes anonymity an art form?

Can barely remember him at Southampton, has he changed so much as a player since those days?

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Well done. Pogba immense, two very good goals. Everton were very poor.

Your standards have dropped!

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Sparky***

Christ. We won a game of football.

I almost forgot what that was like.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:37 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

Other than that he offered nothing. Clear who the class act was today.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:38 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Shocking lack of aggression in that Everton midfield until he came on. How did Schneiderlin ever end up at Utd, makes anonymity an art form?

Can barely remember him at Southampton, has he changed so much as a player since those days?
Looked a player at soton. Zorg who knows his family said something about him not handling the pressure at United, expectation of winning every game was too much. Perhaps the Soton period was his peak....

Got his millions now, whats the motivation if you're the type of player who doesnt like the pressure of having to win every game?

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Your standards have dropped!
Not true. Unlike others on here if a player does well I’ll say so, I won’t be qualifying it as luck or ignoring it. I want him to prove me wrong because I’m a United supporter, not a Martial, Lingard or Pogba supporter. That said, he -and others- will only prove me wrong when they combine good performances with consistency. Following an 8 with a 4 proves nothing.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Not true. Unlike others on here if a player does well I’ll say so, I won’t be qualifying it as luck or ignoring it. I want him to prove me wrong because I’m a United supporter, not a Martial, Lingard or Pogba supporter. That said, he -and others- will only prove me wrong when they combine good performances with consistency. Following an 8 with a 4 proves nothing.
I do hope nobody sings.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Not easy to beat Everton, been on a long unbeaten run.

Dont sleep on what a good performance AND result this was.

Big mou!
Needed a response and got it.

Not perfect but more intensity and worked a harder. Did the basics and the talent stepped up

One of Pogba's best games for us

Martial needs to start every week. Rashford is a good lad, but Martial is a cut above.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:40 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

Makes you think
Yep.

Enough of this “Number 10” shite. A proper three man midfield allowing Matic to do what he does without being overloaded and gives Pogba the freedom to get on the ball and surge forward from the halfway line.

Well played Jesse Lingard. Playing with confidence and we’re seeing the benefit of him and Poggers knowing each other’s games inside out. Most improved player in the squad this season, the little goblin %@#$&!

Keep Tony at centre forward. He’s a striker, not a £#%&!ing winger. He holds the ball twice as well as that £75m Belgian cretin.

Shaw working his way back in. Good to see and should hopefully see the end of the “do a job” merchants who’ve been shoehorned in.

Get a proper right back, a centre half to partner Big Bailly (RIPIP ), a box to box midfielder and a dynamic winger and we’ll be looking in half decent shape. Hopefully Mourinho will take delivery of a personality as well.

Nice start to 2018 anyway

p.s. Everton having a “catch all” minutes applause before the game. If there’s no big death to mourn, just make something up and mourn that. Scouse bastards

Quote:
Not easy to beat Everton, been on a long unbeaten run.
They lost to Bournemouth 2 days ago

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I do hope nobody sings.
Sorry, I thought you wanted a real response.

So I’ll bookmark this quote for the next open goal that costs us 2 points shall I?

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:42 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Looked a player at soton. Zorg who knows his family said something about him not handling the pressure at United, expectation of winning every game was too much. Perhaps the Soton period was his peak....

Got his millions now, whats the motivation if you're the type of player who doesnt like the pressure of having to win every game?
True. The fact that he played with little determination to prove a point today confirms what an awful signing he was. Might also be an illustration of how judging a player by stats in the post Tiki-Taka era was so flawed. Looks good in his numbers but no impact on the game.

Unread 01-01-2018, 08:42 PM
Billy Redface

Shaw getting a run and building fitness and confidence is helping us.

Needs to keep playing