United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Fat Al

Default Football's dead part 52094854

Article in todays Observer.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...200772,00.html

Put to one side the actual topic of the article for one moment. The opening lines:

'Spurs are on their way to Belsen, Hitler's gonna gas 'em again...' It's not a song you would expect to hear on a family day out at a Premier League game, but it is one of several anti-Semitic chants still heard at some top-flight grounds.

If you want a £#%&!ing family day out, £#%&! off to Windsor Safari Park or £#%&! off to visit some of your unfortunate £#%&!ing relatives, DO NOT set foot in a football stadium and expect it to be family entertainment you £#%&!ing middle class bandwagon jumping £#%&!ing harridan @#%&! faced bitch.

Unread 28-10-2007, 09:31 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I live in a pineapple.
fruitcake

Unread 28-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fruitcake
Has Spongebob Squarepants not made it that far east yet?

Unread 28-10-2007, 09:47 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

Put to one side the actual topic of the article for one moment. The opening lines:

'Spurs are on their way to Belsen, Hitler's gonna gas 'em again...' It's not a song you would expect to hear on a family day out at a Premier League game, but it is one of several anti-Semitic chants still heard at some top-flight grounds.

If you want a £#%&!ing family day out, £#%&! off to Windsor Safari Park or £#%&! off to visit some of your unfortunate £#%&!ing relatives, DO NOT set foot in a football stadium and expect it to be family entertainment you £#%&!ing middle class bandwagon jumping £#%&!ing harridan @#%&! faced bitch.

So your saying racism is acceptable and that anti-semitic chants are ok even if familys are not there. #@&%!.

Unread 28-10-2007, 09:48 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Has Spongebob Squarepants not made it that far east yet?
er... wtf is that?

Unread 28-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:

poor form al. I agree that it shouldn't be a family day out, but that doesn't include anti-semiticism or chants of that nature. Needs to be stamped out of football to be honest, and is usually not a class issue anyway.

Unread 28-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
So your saying racism is acceptable and that anti-semitic chants are ok even if familys are not there. #@&%!.
Oh FFS, get a grip and re-read my post you nob.

I'm not making a comment on racism or anti-semitic chants. I'm making a comment on her remark that she considers a Premier League football match to be a 'family day out'.

Try reading and then thinking before your knee-jerk reaction.

Unread 28-10-2007, 09:52 PM
believe

Quote:

I'm not making a comment on racism or anti-semitic chants. I'm making a comment on her remark that she considers a Premier League football match to be a 'family day out'.

i read it and still thought you was being stupid. but i'm a knee-jerk

Unread 28-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
poor form al. I agree that it shouldn't be a family day out, but that doesn't include anti-semiticism or chants of that nature. Needs to be stamped out of football to be honest, and is usually not a class issue anyway.
Did IQs just plummet round here?

The post is about her family day out comment, not the issue of the anti-semitic chants or racism.

Next month she'll be whining about 'the referee's a £#%&!er' not being a chant to hear at her next family outing.
The chant is irrelevant, it's her thinking that football is something to take the family out to, to be entertained.

Unread 28-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Ether

'Put to one side the actual topic of the article for one moment'

£#%&!ing hell, did you two miss this bit?!

Unread 28-10-2007, 10:43 PM
PureAlive

Spot on Al. It should not be a £#%&!ing family day out. Bag o shite.

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:

Couldn't agree more. So much so, that I've e-mailed her gaffer.

And as for those getting all sanctimonious, read Al's post agin, and this time have the decency to read it properly. So £#%&!ing rude, spouting off when you haven't bothered to actually read what you are criticising.

One more thing - and this time I refer to the topic of the article - despite what this woman claims, racist chanting is probably at an all-time low in football. It's the one thing modern day football actually does have going for it over that of years ago. Well, that and toilets that aren't just a sheet of corrugated metal nailed to a wall, obv.

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
And as for those getting all sanctimonious, read Al's post agin, and this time have the decency to read it properly. So £#%&!ing rude, spouting off when you haven't bothered to actually read what you are criticising.
I have and I agree. But the article is clearly pointing out that despite how far the modern game (and modern crowd) has come, there is still anti semitic chants.

We now have a media that will report such abuse as it isn't as common these days - but highlighting it is not a crime IMO. For all you know, the family could've been working class. And family's did go to football in the 70's/80's, this isn't a new and negative part of the modern game.

She doesn't have the right to expect a family atmosphere, but she has the right to complain about something that is wrong.

And isn't the point of it to have a go at the Chelsea supporters as opposed to football supporters in general?

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:53 PM
wonky no

Well Fat Al, you've gone nd done it now! you've stirred up the moronic lefties!

how does it feel to be a nazi?

Unread 28-10-2007, 11:56 PM
FORUM SHERIFF

Quote:

Its like being asked to stop swearing at the game by a mother there with her young kids, acting like theyre at the saturday afternon pictures

Unread 29-10-2007, 12:09 AM
The Real Roxanne

It's at times like these that I really miss Tropical on this forum.

Unread 29-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Ed Sullivan

I dunno I'm tired

Unread 29-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
I have and I agree. But the article is clearly pointing out that despite how far the modern game (and modern crowd) has come, there is still anti semitic chants.

We now have a media that will report such abuse as it isn't as common these days - but highlighting it is not a crime IMO. For all you know, the family could've been working class. And family's did go to football in the 70's/80's, this isn't a new and negative part of the modern game.

She doesn't have the right to expect a family atmosphere, but she has the right to complain about something that is wrong.

And isn't the point of it to have a go at the Chelsea supporters as opposed to football supporters in general?

Two goes. And still you don't get it.

He wasn't having a go at her for highlighting the morons who make the anti-Semitic chants etc. Only a true #@&%! would disagree with that.

HE WAS CRITICISING HER FOR SAYING FOOTBALL IS A FAMILY DAY OUT. BECAUSE IT ISN'T.

Please, get it now, will you? Cheers.
Closed Thread