United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2018, 06:32 AM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That he was shocked that the manager texted him says a lot. Maybe Mou realising that he needs to do more too.
Supposedly Rui used to be the arm round the shoulder side of the partnership. Jose would give players shit and then Rui would pull them aside in training and explain that he was only doing it because he believed in them. That if he didn't he wouldn't bother etc. I guess now Rui's gone Jose's possibly taking a more balanced approach.

Unread 27-07-2018, 06:57 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Well, well, well...

Quote:
But as Shaw reveals, the current United manager has been hugely supportive of his summer fitness regime, going as far as to send him encouraging text messages.

“I was in Dubai with my girlfriend. It was funny – I was on my phone flicking through stuff. I got the text and accidentally clicked straight away [to reveal he read it]. The manager was probably thinking: ‘Jesus Christ!’I said to my girlfriend: ‘I’ve just opened it and I must look so weird now.’ It was fine. I left it a little bit to reply because I didn’t want to look too eager. It was a breath of fresh air when he texted me. I wasn’t expecting it. I spoke to him and it was really positive.”

Well, well, well.
Either I don’t understand people his age (there is 9 years between us) or he’s a stupid little @#%&!.

Why is it considered massively weird to read a text from your boss immediately? Why is it a bad thing for an unprofessional, out of favour player to look “too eager” in the eyes of his manager?

Moronic, tubby @#%&!

Unread 27-07-2018, 07:01 AM
Ethers

Nah, he’s got a point, proper weird when you message someone and it turns to read immediately tbh

Unread 27-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
One of the biggest misnomers ever to keep circling around this forum. A professional athlete is supposed to have pride in their performance no matter what the circumstances. The ‘dead rubber’ line is just another excuse for shit performances.
So if you have a bad game you're either shit or have no pride?

Unread 27-07-2018, 08:37 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
One of the biggest misnomers ever to keep circling around this forum. A professional athlete is supposed to have pride in their performance no matter what the circumstances. The ‘dead rubber’ line is just another excuse for shit performances.
That all sounds great but take the competitive element out of it and lots of players drop intensity. Why do you think you get those silly games at the end of the season with loads of goals? Players switch off. Pre-season is about fitness for the most part.

Looking at our results on this tour should tell you how high the desire to win is. Either that or we have huge problems in store.

Unread 27-07-2018, 10:41 AM
saffers

Great spirit from the young man.

Advocated for signing Sandro but it would be so much more sweet if Shaw is our starting LB and fulfils his great potential.

Mourinho masterclass incoming. All it took was one text for the lad to shed 10 kilos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Van Gaal a certified fat shamer. Both Shaw and Custis exposing him.

Couldn't be Mou.
look forward to the benitez stuff being dredged up by mou haterz

Unread 27-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Nah, he’s got a point, proper weird when you message someone and it turns to read immediately tbh
What if you're on your phone and you get whatsapped. Should you pretend not to see it immediately? Genuinely asking bc I have zero qualms turning those ticks blue asap if I'm already browsing.

Unread 27-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
What if you're on your phone and you get whatsapped. Should you pretend not to see it immediately? Genuinely asking bc I have zero qualms turning those ticks blue asap if I'm already browsing.
Well if you're streaming Peppa pig in German 24/7 you're going to turn the ticks blue pdq

Unread 27-07-2018, 04:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
So if you have a bad game you're either shit or have no pride?
Shit for that game, yes. Shit for that series of games, yes; what you don’t do is say you were rubbish because it didn’t matter anyway. What does that say about you as a pro? I’m assuming they’re being paid while on tour, no? Are there supporters who’ve travelled to watch them? Are there places up for grabs?

C’mon.

The excuses are £#%&!ing endless. I don’t get it.

Unread 29-07-2018, 08:44 AM
Kangared

Brain dead fat waste of space has probably played his way out of the team. All he had to do was avoid being totally £#%&!ing shit on this tour to guarantee at least a couple of starts in the premier & he failed miserably .

Unread 29-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Brain dead fat waste of space has probably played his way out of the team. All he had to do was avoid being totally f***ing shit on this tour to guarantee at least a couple of starts in the premier & he failed miserably .
Where was he last night?

Unread 29-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Where was he last night?
Dropped I imagine because he was so shit last couple of games.

Unread 29-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Where was he last night?
McDonald's

Unread 29-07-2018, 09:41 AM
browser

Quote:
Where was he last night?
Would have been his 3rd game in 6 days right? Sure he’ll be back for Real Madrid or whoever it is we have next

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:11 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Would have been his 3rd game in 6 days right? Sure he’ll be back for Real Madrid or whoever it is we have next
Hope so or it just seems like another completely needless dig at the lads confidence.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Hope so or it just seems like another completely needless dig at the lads confidence.
Did you watch the earlier tour games ?

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Did you watch the earlier tour games ?
No Why?

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Kangared

Quote:
No Why?
If you did you would have a better understanding why he might not have played last night.
If you see a player getting dropped after a couple of terrible displays as a needless attack on his confidence then I’m just glad you’re not in charge

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:21 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
McDonald's
Probably not.

Don’t forget they’re in America, he’s got a whole host of new outlets to try.

IHOP, Denny’s, Popeye’s, Wendy’s, Arby’s, Taco Bell, Chipotle, Chuck E Cheese, maybe even Outback.

Culture vulture is our Luke. The £#%&!ing waste of skin.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
If you did you would have a better understanding why he might not have played last night.
If you see a player getting dropped after a couple of terrible displays as a needless attack on his confidence then I’m just glad you’re not in charge
Didn't see the games but didn't hear he was terrible

Even if they were, we're dropping players for friendlies now? Games the manager has admitted are telling us nothing? To a player quoted as saying he's had some support from the manager this summer?

I do see him dropping younger players whenever they screw up (martial, Shaw, Rashford) and persisting with his older favourites when they're shit (Sanchez, fellaini) as a problem, yeah.

Hoping it's just the fact he's played a lot recently and we shouldn't read too much in to a friendly.
Closed Thread