United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Jeez I'm not a wumming, my initial point has been sidetracked.

We're used to teams putting in superhuman performances against us and then being shit for the rest of the year (Boro, Portsmouth, City, West Ham etc.) but with Bolton it was all a bit odd. With half a team out today, they worked their nuts off and got a deserved point. Against us they seemed to roll over and die. Even Sam Allardyce on the sidelines didn't seem to give a shit.

It was just odd.

That's all.

Chill.
It wasn't 'odd' at all. They are an old team, one severely lacking in pace. They are exposed against a ruthless, incisive attack. As happened at Old Trafford...oh, and the Reebok.

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:13 AM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk
Thats just a load of poppy#@&%!
Well it's all opinion. No great shakes that people have differing views.

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Tiberian

Van Persie is a good player, but until he realizes that his right foot is for more than standing on he will never hit the heights that Poppy thinks he will. Ok against the smaller teams with mediocre defenders but when has he performed against the elite.

He is not that quick either, he is more likely to be back in Holland in 3 years than up there with Zidane.

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Van Persie is a good player, but until he realizes that his right foot is for more than standing on he will never hit the heights that Poppy thinks he will. Ok against the smaller teams with mediocre defenders but when has he performed against the elite.

He is not that quick either, he is more likely to be back in Holland in 3 years than up there with Zidane.

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy

Yes, something to work on there.

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Spiffy

5 Best players in the Premiership and you didn't mention Cantona? Are you on drugs or too young to remember? He was the best by a long way. Eric is God. Remember that if you want us to believe you're a United fan.

Even if you're not, you will be when we lift the Treble again.

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:52 AM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
5 Best players in the Premiership and you didn't mention Cantona? Are you on drugs or too young to remember? He was the best by a long way. Eric is God. Remember that if you want us to believe you're a United fan.

Even if you're not, you will be when we lift the Treble again.
Yeah I loved Eric. He's right up there too. Whether he'd be top 5 I'm not sure. Probably the best player to play in the 'hole' after Dalglish. On a par with Bergkamp.

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:54 AM
poppy

No I've changed my mind. Even better than Bergkamp.

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
On a par with Bergkamp.
£#%&!er. Bergkamp was good but Eric was better, they played at the same time and Eric inspired us to win everything AND he had the talent. When we were having "one of those days" Eric would score every time. Important goals in big games, Eric would come up trumps. Bergkamp inspired £#%&! all and didn't even play in half your European Cup games cos he's a shithouse.

Unread 29-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Good boy.

Unread 29-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Lok

Quote:
You've changed your mind because people on a forum don't agree with you? At least I had respect for you when you had your own opinion, now you're just a shithouse.

Unread 29-04-2007, 01:44 AM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
You've changed your mind because people on a forum don't agree with you? At least I had respect for you when you had your own opinion, now you're just a shithouse.
Errr... read again. I changed my mind before he called me a £#%&!er. Tough one. Technically, Bergkamp was probably a better footballer, but Eric made more of an impact. Eric by a cat's whisker.

Unread 29-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Father Christmas

Quote:

Henry is in the five best ever players to have played in the Premiership (along with Keane, Shearer, Scholes and Vieira).
Replace Vieira with Giggs and you'd be about right.
Closed Thread