United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
every time we get a free kick it's like a penalty for the opposition, his positioning is shite, his reactions poor and his distribution woeful....apart from that he's OK

He has made a few errors, and flapped at some crosses lately. True enough.

But let's look at your points.

He's conceded 4 goals from direct free kicks. 2 by Nakamura, one by Leighton Baines, one other I can't recall. 4 from several dozen free kicks. So that's %@#$&!s.

His positioning is flawless.

His reactions are average. Not as fast as Foster, faster than someone like Mark Schwarzer.

He's one of the best kickers of a ball I've ever seen, with either foot, and no matter how poor the backpass.

So other than that, your points are valid.

Unread 29-04-2007, 07:47 PM
TreeFiddy

This thread is way over the top. He's still a top keeper and I'm happy with him between the sticks. Foster will make a lot of errors next season if he's our number one.

Unread 29-04-2007, 07:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

don't make me list all the goals he has been DIRECTLY to blame for this season, anyway there probably isn't enough room on this thread, but it's at least 15

his positioning for their second goal yesterday was a joke and his positioning at Pompey for their second...well I don't need to tell you

other games where he has cost us this season are Newcastle (a), West Ham (a), and Chelsea (h)...he has made other mistakes that haven't cost us

and he is shot to pieces the way Barthez was before we got rid

Unread 29-04-2007, 07:54 PM
HollowmanVIII

VDS has been shite all season, hasn't made any crucial saves to make sure we got the 3 points, especially that away game against Fulham

Unread 29-04-2007, 07:54 PM
TreeFiddy

The only goal there that he was at fault for was against Pompey. None of the others.

Unread 29-04-2007, 07:55 PM
denis lawless

Quote:

and he is shot to pieces the way Barthez was before we got rid
i hope he hasnt got internet access then

Unread 29-04-2007, 07:55 PM
HollowmanVIII

Stop sucking Ben Foster's #@&%!, Tommy K had a good season at WBA before we signed him. Foster will #@&%! up if we start him ahead of VDS next season.

VDS > Foster.

Unread 29-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedy23
VDS has been shite all season, hasn't made any crucial saves to make sure we got the 3 points, especially that away game against Fulham
Or Liverpool. Not that that was an important game anyway.

Unread 29-04-2007, 07:57 PM
£#%&! KFC

remind me what happened for Fulham's first goal again

Unread 29-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Grimson

Quote:

his positioning for their second goal yesterday was a joke
You shouldn't even have an opinion on this, as you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. He was in the perfect position, just got beat by a well-struck shot. Where would you have had him, stood right on the near post?

He's been at fault for, at most, 6 or 7 goals this season. If you're putting down Fernandes' goal as a goalkeeping error, then naturally you'll be blaming him for dozens of others that are also not his fault.

Unread 29-04-2007, 08:02 PM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
remind me what happened for Fulham's first goal again
Vidic was to blame mostly there imo.

Why was VDS to blame at West Ham, I seem to remember Rio #@&%!ing up with his marking.

To jump on VDS's back now is beyond me, he's been class since we signed him. Yes he's looked unsettled lately but we've changed that back four so often over the last few months.

Remind me of what Happened for Paul Robinson's goal against Watford?

Unread 29-04-2007, 08:40 PM
celtbion

I think Foster's the better keeper at this stage.

I've no doubt he'll make the odd mistake but the word I'd use to describe VDS right now is "wobbly". He seems to go down in slow motion for the simplest shot.

We should remember what age VDS is, its that moment when you go from "experienced" to "a little too experienced".

Foster looks the business to me and has the ability to pull off unreal saves of the sort that can really intimidate opposition forwards and win you a lot of points over a season.

I wouldn't be upset to see VDS start as No. 1 next year, I just think he's more in the Van Der Gouw territory now than the Schmeichel.

Unread 29-04-2007, 08:43 PM
In 76 now this is true

VDS made 2 top drawer saves at Fulham that won us the game.

He made 2 top class saves at pompey that kept the score down, blame the forwards that day.

Had yesterdays 1st goal covered till Carrick stuck his foot out and had a hand to taht.

2nd Everton goal, no keeper would have had that.

Overall, he has won us more games this season than he has lost us.

You remember the istakes, yet you dont remember the saves, its a goalkeepers way.

Unread 29-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
his positioning for their second goal yesterday was a joke
Yes, he could really stop a 72mph shot from 18 yards

Unread 29-04-2007, 08:49 PM
curtis ian

a complete over reaction to edwin having a handfull of poor games. every great keeper makes errors, hes simply not in top form at the minute. look at our backline without him.
Closed Thread