United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2020, 01:09 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
What I don’t understand is how Uefa managed to investigate them the first time around and not spot that. Did they really need some hacked emails to show them that city weren’t up there with the likes of us on 2012 when it came to sponsorships?
Because city actively misled them, and omitted key documents.

Unread 17-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Because city actively misled them, and omitted key documents.
What possible proof could they have had back then that their deals were “fair value”? It’s a joke they’ve gotten away with it for so long, an absolutely tin pot club bringing in top level sponsorships, on and it also happens to be by the same companies their owners control

Unread 17-02-2020, 01:18 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Read somewhere that if they get banned, City will fly around the globe playing big money friendlies. Very much over estimating City’s appeal outside of Stockport imo.
ffs

Unread 17-02-2020, 01:21 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
[/b]

Yeah... you can though.
How does that work then? Why bother with warrants if you can just break in to collect evidence?

Unread 17-02-2020, 01:22 PM
M33mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
ffs
Harpurhey Globetrotters

Unread 17-02-2020, 01:25 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
[/b]

Yeah... you can though.
This is the power of television . That's American law although it probably differs state to state .

Unread 17-02-2020, 01:27 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
How does that work then? Why bother with warrants if you can just break in to collect evidence?
If the police breach PACE you can apply to exclude the evidence. It's still up to the court whether they do or not.

Quote:
“It matters not how you get it; if you steal it even, it would be admissible in evidence.” ‍This statement was made by Crompton J in Leathem (1861)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
This is the power of television . That's American law although it probably differs state to state .
Yep. Would be great if it was like that here though.

Unread 17-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
A good time to repost this article
https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/trollerball-188bfad1e63a

So there's zero prospect of Bertie Football Group laying down and accepting things, expect it to carry on for a while, and get very dirty.
Being pretty much clueless with these sort of things, at what point can UEFA or CAS just tell City to shut up and accept the punishment.

Can City force proceedings to rumble on for years and years by throwing money at it?

Or can CAS and/or UEFA just tell them to £#%&! off and deal with it at pretty much any point regardless as to how many lawyers City want to throw at it?

Edit: Also, surely City already saying they'd rather spend £30 million on Lawyers just to frustrate the process would go against them in any hearing, impartial or not? It just makes them look like what they are, small time £#%&!wits with deep pockets.

Unread 17-02-2020, 02:00 PM
Switching Off

If all that's true, then the PL has essentially become the backdrop for a fight between Qatar and Saudi Arabia

Unread 17-02-2020, 02:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Read somewhere that if they get banned, City will fly around the globe playing big money friendlies. Very much over estimating City’s appeal outside of Stockport imo.

"hello benidorm!"

Unread 17-02-2020, 02:16 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
If all that's true, then the PL has essentially become the backdrop for a fight between Qatar and Saudi Arabia
Football as whole, since Qatar has the World Cup, as well as PSG. (plus the Saudis are pirating Bein sports at a national level )

Unread 17-02-2020, 02:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
allegedly getting paid twice like the reporter confronted Pep when they won the FA cup.

We need a disgruntled player to blow the lid on the financial doping on the alleged wages craic.

The city fans i have spoken to think they will get off with it. One said it doesnt apply to them as FFP was to stop the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth going bust.

They honestly think they are beyond it all.
Could happen if they pull the players CL qualification bonuses?

Unread 17-02-2020, 02:39 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Being pretty much clueless with these sort of things, at what point can UEFA or CAS just tell City to shut up and accept the punishment.

Can City force proceedings to rumble on for years and years by throwing money at it?

Or can CAS and/or UEFA just tell them to £#%&! off and deal with it at pretty much any point regardless as to how many lawyers City want to throw at it?

Edit: Also, surely City already saying they'd rather spend £30 million on Lawyers just to frustrate the process would go against them in any hearing, impartial or not? It just makes them look like what they are, small time £#%&!wits with deep pockets.
They'll have to announce Abu Dhabi Solicitors Ltd have just paid £30 million to become their official legal partner so it doesn't mess up their future FFP compliance

Unread 17-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
No, but they can determine if the rules are maybe unfair, or if they have been unfairly applied, or if there has been some sort of error in the process. You can't be convicted of murder if the video of you murdering someone was obtained via an illegal search by the police.

Unread 17-02-2020, 03:00 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Do keep up.

Unread 17-02-2020, 03:29 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Is RRR correct?

so if I want to murder someone I can just trick someone into giving the video to Plod illegally?

Cool

Unread 17-02-2020, 04:03 PM
Pop

Paediola: "Whatever league we are in I will still be here even if they put us in League 2"

Yeah, sure you will you fly swatting bald paella eating @#%&!.

Unread 17-02-2020, 04:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Paediola: "Whatever league we are in I will still be here even if they put us in League 2"

Yeah, sure you will you fly swatting bald paella eating @#%&!.
Everyone in football would absolutely love to see that. especially when they fail FFP in league 2 and get a huge points deduction due to their wage bill

Unread 17-02-2020, 04:22 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Do keep up.
Ahh, I see your arrogant pronouncement had already been called out for the
steaming pile of ignorant bullshit it was. Still, a little extra mockery won’t hurt.

Unread 17-02-2020, 04:22 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Is RRR correct?

so if I want to murder someone I can just trick someone into giving the video to Plod illegally?

Cool
No, I was wrong.

I guess it's like most of UK law where the answer to any question is always, it depends
Closed Thread