United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-01-2018, 01:43 PM
saffers

Default The Guardian footballer of the year 2017: Juan Mata

Manchester United midfielder’s Common Goal project, in which players and managers donate 1% of their salary to charity, makes him a worthy recipient

https://www.theguardian.com/football...2017-juan-mata

Absolute don.

Distasteful that not a single of his United colleagues have signed up to his initiative. Says perhaps something about the characters in our squad? Obviously they will have heard of common goal. Do they expect Mata to come and beg for them to join?

Unread 01-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Cream

Thumbs down

Should concentrate more on his football and less on helping random tramps.

Unread 01-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Switching Off

Top red

I imagine some lads like Rooney have their own foundations, but agreed. 35 players across Europe is pitiful.

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Ethers

Genuinely never heard of almost any of those players. Are they even real? Sounds like some kind of tax evasion scheme to me

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:08 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Genuinely never heard of almost any of those players. Are they even real? Sounds like some kind of tax evasion scheme to me
Seriously? Even I've heard of Hummels, Chiellini and Kagawa and I don't know anything about football

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Some of them aren’t real....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Seriously? Even I've heard of Hummels, Chiellini and Kagawa and I don't know anything about football
A up, Statto’s in...

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:13 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Haffo

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:13 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

A up, Statto’s in...
Going for SOTY in 2018 no doubt

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:14 PM
TheFatGoth

Had a look to see who else had won this prestigious honour and it only started last year when it was won by Fabio Pisacane.

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Had a look to see who else had won this prestigious honour and it only started last year when it was won by Fabio Pisacane.
Big Fabs The Pisscan. Used to play for us along with his brother. Nice lad, liked a drink though

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Cream

Quote:
Big Fabs The Pisscan. Used to play for us along with his brother. Nice lad, liked a drink though

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
So they give it to an alcoholic one year and a man in a child's body the next. Classic guardian. Maybe they should stick to hating white men.

Unread 02-01-2018, 06:48 PM
red in cumbria

Did he offer them a hug?

Unread 02-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 02-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Stickman

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
So they give it to an alcoholic one year and a man in a child's body the next. Classic guardian. Maybe they should stick to hating white men.
Ander will be all over it then.

Unread 06-01-2018, 08:15 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Distasteful that not a single of his United colleagues have signed up to his initiative. Says perhaps something about the characters in our squad? Obviously they will have heard of common goal. Do they expect Mata to come and beg for them to join?
I see Danny '12 yr old boy's facial hair' still lurks on here

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-antonio-conte

Unread 06-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Ethers

When’s Daniel sticking his 1% in the little virgin?

Pretty sure it’s meant to be everyone involved in the game, so talentless hacks like Frodo should be at the front of the queue given they leech a living from football despite contributing absolutely nothing of any worth.

Unread 06-01-2018, 08:29 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I see Danny '12 yr old boy's facial hair' still lurks on here

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-antonio-conte
Taylor spot on as usual

Quote:
When’s Daniel sticking his 1% in the little virgin?
“Players pledge a minimum of 1% of their wages to a collective fund”

Who does Taylor play for

Unread 06-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Taylor spot on as usual

“Players pledge a minimum of 1% of their wages to a collective fund”

Who does Taylor play for
“Common Goal’s grand ambition is to reach a position where 1% of football’s entire multibillion dollar industry is donated to charity.”

You’re not having a good evening are you mate?

Unread 06-01-2018, 08:43 PM
20 times

Quote:
“Common Goal’s grand ambition is to reach a position where 1% of football’s entire multibillion dollar industry is donated to charity.”

You’re not having a good evening are you mate?
““Players pledge a minimum of 1% of their wages to a collective fund”
Closed Thread