United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2007, 03:35 PM
celtbion

Giggs has to be the be the best Premiership player of all time surely?

Would have loved to have had Roy Keane on Saturday rather than either of the midfield incumbents mind.

The Roy vs Hughes debate was settled for me when I watched a bit of the Blackburn youths against our lads a few weeks ago. 6' plus 17 year old mullackers kicking lumps out of our lads. Same shit their senior side play under Hughes.

Sorry, don't want to see that at Old Trafford. Last I saw of Keane's Sunderland, they were looking decidedly Utd-esque in their set-up. Keane is the more ambitious manager in every respect, that's why he should be the favourite between those two.

Unread 05-03-2007, 04:21 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
Giggs has to be the be the best Premiership player of all time surely?

Would have loved to have had Roy Keane on Saturday rather than either of the midfield incumbents mind.

The Roy vs Hughes debate was settled for me when I watched a bit of the Blackburn youths against our lads a few weeks ago. 6' plus 17 year old mullackers kicking lumps out of our lads. Same shit their senior side play under Hughes.

Sorry, don't want to see that at Old Trafford. Last I saw of Keane's Sunderland, they were looking decidedly Utd-esque in their set-up. Keane is the more ambitious manager in every respect, that's why he should be the favourite between those two.
Wales played some great stuff when Spark was their manager, especially that game against Italy. I think given the right players, he's more then willing to play good, attacking football.

Unread 05-03-2007, 05:15 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Wales played some great stuff when Spark was their manager, especially that game against Italy. I think given the right players, he's more then willing to play good, attacking football.

That would have been my view until recently.

However, he has the chance to build towards that sort of football at Blackburn and if that's his stamp of authority on the youth set-up, he shouldn't get next nor near Old Trafford except once or twice a season.

Look at the two lads Keane came calling for out of the youth set up, Simpson and Evans are both quality young players now getting their game week in week out. Hughes, on his record, would have had a Lucas Neill or a Sambo brought in rather than two technically gifted defenders like those.

Unread 05-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
By far the Premiership's greatest ever player, the greatest player

WUM

Unread 05-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Keane was the best player to play in the premiership.

I know this is hard for you to accept
I know he's a different type of player but Cantona was a better player and captain. Keane was not the best player in the Premiership at all but I appreciate it's all about opinions.

Yours is wrong but you're entitled to it.

Unread 05-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Luffy

Keane hasn't even found his feet as a manager yet ffs. He's working at a rather large club who are reguar Premiership level and he's using a lot of the knowledge he has gleaned from Fergie and Clough.

Also a lot of useful Utd contacts involved including loanees and ex-players.

Lets see how he does when he is his own man overcoming some real challenges.

and he isn't a great leader, he's a great warrior, but he left our ship sinking with a dispirited crew while Cantona left the club enthralled and inspired enough to power onto the highest victories. For years after Eric left we still played with the magic and vision he instilled into our team.

Unread 05-03-2007, 07:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Keane hasn't even found his feet as a manager yet ffs. He's working at a rather large club who are reguar Premiership level and he's using a lot of the knowledge he has gleaned from Fergie and Clough.

Also a lot of useful Utd contacts involved including loanees and ex-players.

Lets see how he does when he is his own man overcoming some real challenges.

and he isn't a great leader, he's a great warrior, but he left our ship sinking with a dispirited crew while Cantona left the club enthralled and inspired enough to power onto the highest victories. For years after Eric left we still played with the magic and vision he instilled into our team.
Mate, you're responding to a WUM.

'poppy' is taking the piss.His favourite player is Henry.

Unread 05-03-2007, 07:39 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Mate, you're responding to a WUM.

'poppy' is taking the piss.His favourite player is Henry.
Has he recovered from loosing all that vCash
Closed Thread