United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:00 AM
poppy

Default Roy Keane

By far the Premiership's greatest ever player, the greatest player in United's greatest ever side, about to produce the greatest managerial feat (in his first season) of the last decade.

The next United manager.

Nailed on.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:02 AM
shadowplay

Not a chance he'll be Uniteds next manager imho

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:02 AM
TreeFiddy

I love Keane so £#%&!ing much. Absolute £#%&!ing legend of all legends!

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:03 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Not a chance he'll be Uniteds next manager imho
Perhaps not next but I think he will be in the future.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Riverside

I'm a big Keane fan but I can't see him returning to United whilst the Glazers remain in control. I also think he's serious about seeing how far he can take Sunderland.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:04 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Perhaps,

Nice to see him doing well, but Sunderlands insistence on trying to get a load of fans from over here to support them, makes them annoying to me.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:05 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
By far the Premiership's greatest ever player, the greatest player in United's greatest ever side, about to produce the greatest managerial feat (in his first season) of the last decade.

The next United manager.

Nailed on.
Slight exaggeration surely?

Tiberian

Quote:
Robson got Boro promoted in his first season. Championship is a completely different prospect to the Prem. Needs to show he can maintain his cool when the pressure is on, and show man management capabilities. An awful lot to prove. Hughes would be my favourite from the domestic scene.

magic_cantona

I still can't believe that nobody has remembered that 'poppy' is a £#%&!ing Chelsea, Arsenal or Scouse fan!

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:08 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Robson got Boro promoted in his first season. Championship is a completely different prospect to the Prem. Needs to show he can maintain his cool when the pressure is on, and show man management capabilities. An awful lot to prove. Hughes would be my favourite from the domestic scene.
yeah, i reckon Hughes would be our best option as well, if we are to get a manager from the domestic scene, that is.He's done a great job at Blackburn of late, and has always come across well in interview, as well as making a few astute signings over the years.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:10 AM
TreeFiddy

Keane and Hughes co-managers?

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Tropical

Default How sweet of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I still can't believe that nobody has remembered that 'poppy' is a £#%&!ing Chelsea, Arsenal or Scouse fan!
to take such an interest.

If he's that fascinated by us, perhaps he's all three.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:12 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Keane and Hughes co-managers?
Not a bad dream, i must admit.

Though can i see it happening in the future?

I doubt it.Both are determined young lads, keen to make impressions on the managerial front and both are rather big personalities.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
yeah, i reckon Hughes would be our best option as well, if we are to get a manager from the domestic scene, that is.He's done a great job at Blackburn of late, and has always come across well in interview, as well as making a few astute signings over the years.
Of the ex Utd options he is the best, at the moment. Has been quite defensive in style at times, but with the players and resources available to him at Utd he could change. Knows the club, expectations, and had done a solid job at Balckburn.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:13 AM
poppy

Robson was never intelligent enough to make a great manager. A bit like Bobby Charlton.

Hughes is doing well but he's missing that certain je ne sais quoi a United manager needs.

In two or three years when Fergie calls it a day Keano will be the man. One of the few truly great players to go on and become a truly great manager in my honest opinion.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:14 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Of the ex Utd options he is the best, at the moment. Has been quite defensive in style at times, but with the players and resources available to him at Utd he could change. Knows the club, expectations, and had done a solid job at Balckburn.
Yeah,

That's exactly it.He's proven his abilities over the last few years, seems to get the best out of his players,particularly in the big games, and has always come across well, and, if i remember correctly, a few of our lads, including Neville and Giggs, have touted Sparky for the job when Fergie packs it in.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Riverside

Tuesday, 13 March 2007
The Coca-Cola Football League Championship
Sunderland v Stoke, 20:00

I might see if I can make that one, according to the AA web site it's only two hours from my current North Yorkshire location.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:16 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Not a bad dream, i must admit.

Though can i see it happening in the future?

I doubt it.Both are determined young lads, keen to make impressions on the managerial front and both are rather big personalities.
It was pure £#%&!tastic fantasy mate.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Tropical

Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
I can't see him returning to United whilst the Glazers remain in control.
He learned to love Niall Quinn quickly enough, and that was someone he had a genuine grudge against. I've never seen any indication that he has a problem with the Glazers at all.

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:17 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy

The next United manager.

Nailed on.
i loved keane, but nearly ever single point in that post is exaggerated...

brilliant player and could/probably will be a brilliant manager...
Closed Thread