United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:26 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
When Barca beat Real Madrid 3-0 in the Bernabeu a year or two back, everyone gave Ronaldinho the praise, but again it was Eto'o who scored the all-important opener with a great piece of individual play.
Yea, he has a cracking record against Madrid. Never forgave them for £#%&!ing him off

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Tropical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
What chance Chelsea coming in for Ronaldinho as well and Mourinho going the other way........
if Barcelona hired Mourinho.

His style of football would be anathema to them.

And at a club that actually has to listen to its fans, what with them electing the people who run it, this would matter.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Serenity Now

Barca will never hire Mourinho. They absolutely £#%&!ing detest him.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
if Barcelona hired Mourinho.

His style of football would be anathema to them.

And at a club that actually has to listen to its fans, what with them electing the people who run it, this would matter.
That is true, Mourinho does tend to play "Anti-Football", then again Carlos managed Madrid

It's hard to see who else Barca can possibly go for if Rijkaard is sacked. The only other obvious choice is the Kiddy-Catcher down at the Emirates......

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Hiddink possibly?

Agree that Barca have a good chance of being scabbed by the scouse to set the Ronaldo chain of events in motion by the way.

Can't decide whether I think this will benefit us or not on March 3rd.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:38 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Anyone who is entertaining a Ronaldo - Eto'o swap deal is a little mad.

Firstly Eto'o is a proper shit-stirrer and more importantly, he is the sort of player who would need Ronaldo to play with to supply him with chances.

If Eto'o does go though, what price Thierry @#%&!to heading toward the Nu Camp ????
Not all players are like Ruud and need it on a plate. Eto'o plays in a front 3.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Tropical

to sack Rijkaard on the basis of one iffy season. If that's what this turns out to be for them. And bearing in mind that they've managed to stay top of the league while playing well below their best, I wouldn't assume it will be.

Of course, as long as they beat Liverpool, and Real Madrid don't win La Liga, Barcelona can do what they like with the rest of their season. And then £#%&! right off where Ronaldo is concerned. I do like 'em, but not that £#%&!ing much.

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:53 PM
The Watcher

Ronald Koeman will be the next Barca manager

Unread 13-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Enjoying Insanity

The whole Italian debacle has completely unbalanced European football with all power now lying between the Prem and La Ligua.

If we are honest, Chelsea will not sell anyone unless they want to. Not even to Spain because they have so much financial clout.

So other than poaching Arsenal's foreign youngsters or United's stars, there aren't many places for the Spanish giants to be looking as far as star signings are concerned.

I wouldn't be suprised if there are some big moves in the summer, especially coaching wise. Wenger to Barca, Rijkaard to Chelsea and Mourinho to god knows where (United maybe )

Unread 13-02-2007, 08:00 PM
KezerSosoRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I know which one came to the fore in the Champions League final.

Eto'o is outstanding. Barca's best, most consistent, most dependable player over the last few years, which is why the Ronaldinho-mania pisses him off.
Nail on the coffin.

Ive always supported Barca in Spain for a while now, and hes the one player I think that is vital to them winning the league. If he hadnt been injured, they would be ten points better off.

He scores goals in the games that they;ve been drawing recently...and he scores ALL kind of goals, everything, in box, out box, headers, left foot, right foot...his movement and assists are also not aswell recognised as should be.

World Class striker...perhaps the only real one in terms of doing it on every stage (although admittedly the penalty decision for Cameroon was out of character).

I dont think Ronaldo would play aswell at Barca as he does at United. I think the pace of the game suits him...less time to think seems to have suited him far better. Hence if the reason to "improve my level" is used, i think it would be false.

When he first came, he'd step over about 10 times, now its three or four, because he realises the defenders are at him and he can get away if he unbalances them...in Spain, theres obviously a bit more time, but the defenders arent as pressing. Like someone said anyway, the balance remains in England and Spain (the German league may replace Serie A in time I also believe)...and so I think that Serie A will actually be the place where the biggest moves will be made, particularly this summer. If one midfielder at Milan leaves, then id presume others would follow. Inter may hold on to most of there players, but id expect some movement....

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by KezerSosoRed
I dont think Ronaldo would play aswell at Barca as he does at United. I think the pace of the game suits him...less time to think seems to have suited him far better. Hence if the reason to "improve my level" is used, i think it would be false.
Interesting point, actually. It's always assumed that the Spanish game would suit him better, but his brute strength and pace is perfect for the Premiership, whereas La Liga often involves a slower buildup. Yes, he'd get a but more space, but it may come as a bit of a shock to him how much slower everything develops over there.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:20 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Xavi+Eto'o and some cash please if you really want Ronnie barca.

I'd snap their bloody hand off for that. What are you valuing Ronaldo at btw ? I reckon he'll eventually go for around £35m.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Tiberian

Would rather have Iniesta than Xavi, better in forward areas, starting to score goals as well, Scholes' replacement.

Unread 14-02-2007, 02:36 PM
24hr Leavesey

Not that Rijkaards gonna get sacked - But Koeman,Mancini or Big Phil for the job if he's off.
Closed Thread