United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:27 AM
jem

Default kiss-up!

loads of decent posters used to post on rim and many of them did leave because of the increasing £#%&!wittery and the lack of camraderie. and also because of a slight cliquey self-love problem (well, ok... initially because of technical problems). a lot left for other reasons, though (work, travel, growing up). quite a few still post in sanctuary, but it's not as vibrant.

however, the only reason I don't post on rim is because I can't access it during the day. I've always been in favour of wading through the shit and leading by example (gosh. was that a bit pompous? I really must learn to stop that). I would not have stopped just because of yorks and salford. it wouldn't do any harm to ban them, though.

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Tumescent Throb

[YOUTUBE]oKMxxMy3x2E&mode=related&search=[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Fergie's Hairdryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Maybe not to his satisfaction, but the points were addressed.
can't be arsed to read through the whole topic, i got the gist and realised some things never change

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:51 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie's Hairdryer
can't be arsed to read through the whole topic, i got the gist and realised some things never change
So you take his side without realizing he got insulting first...ah £#%&! it, why is everyone (me included) so touchy today?

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:53 AM
denis lawless

oops ....wrong thread

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:55 AM
jem

Quote:
why is everyone (me included) so touchy today?
shyeah... cos normally we're touchy-feely. well, lazarus is.

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:59 AM
Lazarus

Quote:
.ah £#%&! it, why is everyone (me included) so touchy today?
I don't know but there is just nothing but arguments everywhere these days. I blame my self as much as the next man...but it gets to the point where you start asking yourself 'do I really feel like another argument'...going onto United forums is like going into battle at the moment. You're just waiting for the next shell to land.

I'm going to make a serious effort to upgrade my real life and downsize my online time a bit.

Unread 12-02-2007, 03:01 AM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
shyeah... cos normally we're touchy-feely. well, lazarus is.
not always..sometimes i get very angry and nasty

Unread 12-02-2007, 03:06 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Duckworth
hes had long spells of being really poor and we stuck by him. in the summer he took the piss and said he wanted to go to Madrid. Capello didn't want him thats why he didnt move.

now he finally shows some form he gets given a week off to go to dubai and suddenly all the rumours starts up after he has meetings with them and barcalona . is it really coincendence that he was dropped this weekend with the bullshit excuse of a cold? no Ferguson knows hes been engineering a move

face it,hes a brilliant player but he has no loyalty to united and is desperate to go to Spain he isnt trustworthy and we will have to cash in while his stock is up. he isnt commited to united for the longterm and sees us as a steppingstone. this is the problem with foreign payers

reluctant rant over
The problem with this and hence the dismissive reply's is that there's no real substance to back up your claims;

Paragraph one; cliams Cappello didnt want him and thats why he didnt move. Really? so it was all lined up and then Cappello said nah dont want him? come on mate thats weak to say the least.

Paragraph two; you talk about rumours which is always a bad start when putting forth an opinion. The fact is ronaldo was given a well deserved holiday while we had a game against the weakest team in the premier league. Anyone claiming there was more to it than that are more than likely bullshitting.

Parapraph Three; You claim he isnt committed to united, yet he's playing out of his skin week in week out ATM. Thats hardly a lack of commitment.

The point you make about him making noises about playing in spain is somewhat valid but at the same time nothing new, he's never kept it a secret that he wants to one day play in spain and thats fair enough. After all, football is a career to him and in any career people often find they want to change companies or even countries and try something new. I personally dont think he should be shot down for that.

What would upset me though is if he goes because the glazers are not willing to pay him the going rate. They claim he's one of europes top players so they should be paying as such. Supply and demand. As business people they should know that. If he is sold because we wont pay him the going rate then i hope to be hearing 'glazer out' ringing around Old Trafford in the very next game.

Unread 12-02-2007, 03:12 AM
jem

Default there's only two things worth looking at

(a) how long is his contract?

(b) how's he playing?

he's on a long contract and looks likely to win player of the season; all the rest is bullshit.

Unread 12-02-2007, 03:35 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
What would upset me though is if he goes because the glazers are not willing to pay him the going rate. They claim he's one of europes top players so they should be paying as such. Supply and demand. As business people they should know that. If he is sold because we wont pay him the going rate then i hope to be hearing 'glazer out' ringing around Old Trafford in the very next game.
Which pushes up the wages of a fair few other players current and future, which in turn pushes up ticket prices almost certainly by more than they are already set to rise. (An important consideration for match-goers, though of course irrelevant for non-match-goers.)

Supply and demand is fine and dandy. But time doesn't stand still; a footballer's career at the top is short. There are always cracking young players just waiting to fill the boots of the present incumbents - even if you can't always see it at the time.

MUFC should not be paying players £160,000 a week in my opinion. And if they refuse to, I for one will not be in the least bit pissed off about it.

Unread 12-02-2007, 03:53 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Which pushes up the wages of a fair few other players current and future, which in turn pushes up ticket prices almost certainly by more than they are already set to rise. (An important consideration for match-goers, though of course irrelevant for non-match-goers.)

Supply and demand is fine and dandy. But time doesn't stand still; a footballer's career at the top is short. There are always cracking young players just waiting to fill the boots of the present incumbents - even if you can't always see it at the time.

MUFC should not be paying players £160,000 a week in my opinion. And if they refuse to, I for one will not be in the least bit pissed off about it.
Thats a fair comment, except for the fact that the glazers have come out and said that the commercial deals available to them are 'limitless'. Ok, if thats case get these commercial deals signed and pay the lad the going rate. We are talking about one exceptional young player here, if other players like smith, fletcher, O'shea, Park, et al say they want more money then i agree they should be sold and £#%&!ed off, but players like ronaldo are special players and as such should be given a salary that reflects that. The glazers need to find a way to pay him without passing the cost on to the fans. If these commercial deals are limitless as they claim that shouldnt be a problem.

Unread 12-02-2007, 04:02 AM
TreeFiddy

The thread starter has some very valid points. Let me just state a few opinions and facts.

- Ronaldo is a world class footballer
- Ronaldo is a big reason why we are top of the league
- Ronaldo is not a very likeable person (judging him the same way we judge other footballers who we don't 'know'
- Ronaldo probably does want to be playing in Spain
- Ronaldo does not love the club
- Ronaldo does put 100% in when he plays
- If Ronaldo wants to be transferred this summer then I don't want him playing in a red shirt against his will. Regardless of how good he is.
- If the 160k rumours are true then he is out of order
- Until we know what the truth is and until it's obvious that he wants a move and is not putting in the effort we shouldn't form too strong an opinion on the issue. If he leaves this summer then all the Ronaldo lovers will end up hating the lad. If he stays for many years then everyone who had a go at him will look stupid. Let's wait and see what happens and concentrate on winning the league (with Ronaldo) for now.

Unread 12-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Thats a fair comment, except for the fact that the glazers have come out and said that the commercial deals available to them are 'limitless'. Ok, if thats case get these commercial deals signed and pay the lad the going rate. We are talking about one exceptional young player here, if other players like smith, fletcher, O'shea, Park, et al say they want more money then i agree they should be sold and £#%&!ed off, but players like ronaldo are special players and as such should be given a salary that reflects that. The glazers need to find a way to pay him without passing the cost on to the fans. If these commercial deals are limitless as they claim that shouldnt be a problem.
I think it's a fair comment regardless of anything anybody's inferred.

If Ronaldo (his people) really are asking for ridiculous sums of money then he should be sold to the highest bidder amongst those clubs suitably interested from United's point of view.

I'm sensing you're trying to pitch this, as yet, hyperthetical scenario as being a test of the Glazers. But they are less important than MUFC remember.
Limitless commercial opportunities there may well be - even if you appear to be taking that remark a little to literally. But if there are great un-tapped revenues to be exploited, then they should be for the benefit of MUFC overall. They should not be for the benefit of one or two players who play for them, any more than they should be for the benefit of the leeches who have claimed ownership of the club.

Unread 12-02-2007, 03:16 PM
El Calafate

he has 3 and a half years left on his contract. if he doesn't want to renew then fine. make him play another year and then sell him. easy. nft.
Closed Thread