United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:35 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's a decent young prospect but £#%&!ing hell people really do over do it with him. I'm not seeing this 'top class potential' everyone else does. In anything he does on the pitch. He's fast and can push the ball past someone and run, that's it. He doesn't show any intelligence or awareness beyond that one aspect to his game, when he had the ball infront of Schmeichel tonight honestly how many of you thought "oh this is in". I £#%&!ing didn't.

He should be £#%&!ing sent back to the reserves until he remembers that his place in manchester united's first team is a privilege not a right.

We stuck that free kick away tonight thank god, i dread to think what would have happened if rashford was on the pitch. Why is he taking set pieces any way? he's clearly not very good at them. Yet another example of how he's being given all this responsibility without the quality to back it up.

Get into the market in january and please add some quality to that lot. Christ we need it.
Agree that's where he is

What doesn't help though....starting him one week dropping him the next.... not in favoured position.... same with martial.....played inconsistently so they play inconsistently

If rahsford was a starter up front and getting a free pass like Lukaku then he'd have more chances to score and more chances to learn

And then we bring him in today after a shit week. Only should have come on today if needed. Subs for subs sake.

About the fifth time I've said it but it really £#%&!s me off

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Who are these kids learning their trade from? Who are they watching, looking up to and trying to impress? The 92 crowd had Cantona, Bruce, Hughes and the rest. No nonsense winners who £#%&!ing told them what to do. Rooney and Ronaldo had Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Rio and the rest; perenial winners. Men.

Managers can only do so much. A young player learns his trade on the training pitch and on the field from the very players he wil one day replace.

Who are these kids learning from?
they could try watching matic.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
they could try watching matic.
Good player. Doesn’t seem to have the force of personality to demand standards on the pitch. Being new also doesn’t help.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:37 PM
ziggyman17

The main culprit for tonight is the manager, no need to make any changes an yet he decides to take off our 2 main attacking threats for no reason.. the onky change that needed to be made was for Smalling when injured. I knew when we hit the post that the game was ending up a draw..

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Ethers

Why are people slagging Rashers for that chance?

It was a penalty

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
The main culprit for tonight is the manager, no need to make any changes an yet he decides to take off our 2 main attacking threats for no reason.. the onky change that needed to be made was for Smalling when injured. I knew when we hit the post that the game was ending up a draw..
We had chances before and after the changes. Those misses were totally down to the players who missed them. Awful technique, awful decisions, no confidence.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

It was a penalty
no it wasn't, schmeichel got fingertips on it.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
so do you think that was the worst "chance" that was missed today then?

Clownbones

Quote:
Shouldn't have taken it round keeper anyway.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
so do you think that was the worst "chance" that was missed today then?
Am i to rank them then? they were all shocking misses.

utd99

Quote:

It was a penalty
It was a one on one. What he tried to do was absolutely the wrong thing and was down to indecision. Rashford is often way too hesitant in vital moments.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:42 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Regardless of whether it was a PK or not he £#%&!ed it up, he was never going to get to the ball & that's why the ref never gave it. He also needs to learn how to go down like he has been fouled.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Grazed the ball with his fingers then took Rashford out. Blatant penalty.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Tiberian

So getting texts/tweets that Herrera refused to go to RB with Smalling off. Mou said anything about this or is this just online BS based on something GNev apparently said in commentary?

Sapien

Definite whiff of urine on here tonight.

jem

Quote:

It was a penalty
because he didn't need to take the ball past the keeper. he had plenty of time (I know that is often a bad thing) and he should have controlled the ball and slotted it without going for a wander.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Lots of piss references

What am I missin

Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It was a one on one. What he tried to do was absolutely the wrong thing and was down to indecision. Rashford is often way too hesitant in vital moments.
What he tried to do would have resulted in a goal if the keeper didn’t have to foul him

Struggling to call that the wrong thing tbh

utd99

Quote:
If piss was ever justified mate, it’s today.

jem

Quote:
it's lucky it doesn't matter. city are walking the league and everyone else is shit.