United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:39 AM
redhegemony

Default St James Park

To be the Sports Direct Arena so soon to be UK's No 1.

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Default Re: St James Park

Feel sorry for Exeter City fans - it's a disgusting sell out.

Unread 10-11-2011, 02:02 AM
naes_sean

Just a matter of time now....

Unread 10-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Just a matter of time now....
need them out before then.

A point never considered when discussing the dreadful prospect of Fergie retiring.

As well as being probably the greatest Football Manager, he's our on-the-scene champion.. custodian to our history and traditions.. a huge tempering effect on the Glazers, no question about that.

However, the portents aren't good.

Just like Unicef being a Tojan Horse at Barca for a major sponsorship deal, in a canny exercise in disarming flattery that the wiley old Scot himself would've been proud of, the North Stand's been renamed the "Sir Alex Ferguson Stand".. [SIZE="1"]we couldn't possibly object to that could we ?

..only it opens the doors to the others being The Nike Stand, The Hublot Watch Stand and The Audi Stand ( if we're lucky )... but just as likely to be The DHL Stand, The Betfair Stand and The Mr Potato Stand.

I fear the day Fergie goes.. bit by bit our history and traditions will be parcelled off to feed this huge voracious appetite for money. Blinkered short term fixes to a long term problem.

The day Old Trafford is referred to as anything else will be the day I call it a day.

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:25 AM
forzagarza

WHo gives a £#%&!. If they really give a shit do somethign about it but they won't because like all the other ootball fans they're just a whinging bunch of £#%&!ing #@&%!s who want to overspend on shit football because they are £#%&!ing stupid little @#%&!s without any sort of spine. Hopefully the situation will sort itself out by the stadium collapsing one match day. No-one of any relevance will die. It will be on the news for 30 minutes then everyone will forget about the pointless little @#%&!s.

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM
carlosartorial

Am I missing something, wasn't it renamed last year?

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:30 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Am I missing something, wasn't it renamed last year?
no but they were interested in signing Park Si James

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:35 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up Re: St James Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
WHo gives a £#%&!. If they really give a shit do somethign about it but they won't because like all the other ootball fans they're just a whinging bunch of £#%&!ing #@&%!s who want to overspend on shit football because they are £#%&!ing stupid little @#%&!s without any sort of spine. Hopefully the situation will sort itself out by the stadium collapsing one match day. No-one of any relevance will die. It will be on the news for 30 minutes then everyone will forget about the pointless little @#%&!s.
bad nights sleep pal ?

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:
no but they were interested in signing Park Si James

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:36 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
bad nights sleep pal ?
nah, fine. Just telling it as it is. 100% truth from me. Guaranteed.

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:37 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Love peoples birthing films

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
jem

would rather be called the mcnuggettdome of dreams and have no debt and see some investment in the midfield.

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

So it's being re-named in order to try and sell renaming rights to someone else.

Symbol Technologies would make most sense to me.

Unread 10-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

What's in a name ffs, is it really that important.

iOld Trafford sounds better than what it is now.

Or the DHL dome.

Final score at the DHL dome, Manchester Goldman Sachs 1 مانشستر سيتي 6

Unread 10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
irk

football as we knew it is dead. It's now corporate world soccer ball brought to you by the dollar, billionaires, and the letter "£#%&! you" and the sooner we all get that £#%&!ing disgusting truth into our denial-filled little heads the better.

either buy a giant confused.com foam finger and sit next to a korean tourist and some clueless #@&%! from Staines or walk away. you can't win. if it's impossible to raise sufficient ire among the people for the vast defrauding of them to the tune of trillions of pounds for which we are to reap the austerity whirlwind you're not going to motivate people into fighting for football's integrity.

"Welcome to Friday Night Football brought to you by Walmart, Hyundai, and Credit Suisse for The Manchester U's home EuroLeague tie Live from the Citigroup @ Wembley Stadium. Yes, folks tonight The Mighty U's take on "Mes Que Un Club" the Barcelona Catalans for the third place play off for the Haribo Trophy.

That should get you in the mood ahead of tonight's maaain event - The World League Soccer final....between Tokyo Virra and five time world Champions - The MAAASSIVE... Maaaan...ches...teeeer Plaaaythiiings...."

Unread 10-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Sloane

Exactly, football as people knew it, liked it and want it has gone and it isn't coming back.

Unread 10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Charlestown Rouge

PR man's dream announcement on timing -

Team doing well
International break
Next league game away from home

Good time to "bury bad news".

On reflection though, probably two days late as it could have been lost in the poppy "kerfuffle". Geordies love England like.

Unread 10-11-2011, 11:55 AM
elhombre

Quote:
this. end of thread.

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
dodger

Quote:
Agreed. It's all gone to £#%&! anyway. What difference?

Unread 10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we're not selling the family silver. it's money for old rope (and we get to sell the same bit of rope over and over).

we can't hold our heads up anyway. it would be nice if the club were held in trust for the community and revenues ploughed back into the squad and facilities instead of burned on debt service. it would be nice if we developed our own players. we could have prevented the takeover. we could get rid of the glazers tomorrow if we showed some solidarity and common sense. no, we cannot hold our heads up at all.

but robbing some @#%&! of a couple of hundred mio for sticking up some letters next the sir alex ferguson (which the @#%&! didn't even pay for) to pay down the millstone of debt? no brainer. £#%&! off with your "we'll never be sold" crap. we are mired in shame.

One of your better "broadsides" I'll grant you, but you hurled a stack of shit at me there that I never said.

I made no reference to the debt and I'm certainly not naive enough to want United to become some community project.

Shit has and always will go on behind the scenes and players come and go, but to me two of the non-negotiable pre-requisites for my continued "support" are that I follow a team called Manchester United who play at Old Trafford.

Imagine the uproar if The Royal Albert Hall were renamed The Sony Arena ? - "I've been coming to the Royal Albert Hall for years, always enjoyed the Spring schedule and naturally the Proms..." - "yeah, but the string section's expenses were getting out of hand and we've got some lovely Dyson airblades in the restrooms "!

You can quote all the financial shit you like as part of your rebuttal, but to me, the ground and the name of the ground are far far more important than any £#%&!ing midfielder.

£#%&! off with your cynicism, just think about what it is that you're actually supporting and maybe you won't sell yourself so cheaply.
Closed Thread