United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah cos we would have done so then, nqat

It has to be said that his seeming attitude doesn't help him overmuch.
Nah, you're right. Bringing on two full backs instead of a forward was the best thing to do.

Unread 26-03-2016, 05:00 PM
red in cumbria

Nice straw man, I salute you

Unread 26-03-2016, 05:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Nah, you're right. Bringing on two full backs instead of a forward was the best thing to do.
Dictated by injury and fitness that tbf.

Unread 26-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dictated by injury and fitness that tbf.
Was it?

Varela was hauled off at half time wasn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Nice straw man, I salute you
The Wider point stands: the kid played two good games, one average and was back out of the side. I just think that's poor management when you're trying to get someone back on form. If he was average for the next three or four games, then fair enough. But one average game (which is all it was. He wasn't terrible or anything ) and then back it just sends the wrong message and destroys confidence. Especially when the likes of Mata, Lingard and fellaini are frequently producing up and down performances.

Well, except for Fellaini. He's just shite.

Unread 26-03-2016, 05:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Was it?

Varela was hauled off at half time wasn't he?

The Wider point stands: the kid played two good games, one average and was back out of the side. I just think that's poor management when you're trying to get someone back on form. If he was average for the next three or four games, then fair enough. But one average game (which is all it was. He wasn't terrible or anything ) and then back it just sends the wrong message and destroys confidence. Especially when the likes of Mata, Lingard and fellaini are frequently producing up and down performances.

Well, except for Fellaini. He's just shite.
Mental fitness in Varela's case he was utterly shocking in that first half.

Memph should deffo have come on though, nqat.

Should give him a go on the right imo. It's not helping him that Martial is excelling in his favoured position. Needs other strings to his bow. Start him right, rashers centre, Big tone left and Jesseh in behind and let them interchange and move around at will

Unread 26-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mental fitness in Varela's case he was utterly shocking in that first half.

Memph should deffo have come on though, nqat.

Should give him a go on the right imo. It's not helping him that Martial is excelling in his favoured position. Needs other strings to his bow. Start him right, rashers centre, Big tone left and Jesseh in behind and let them interchange and move around at will
Agreed. He should be rotated more frequently with Mata and Lingard.

Unread 27-03-2016, 01:13 AM
utd99

Quote:
What does that even mean?

Played well for two matches, then underwhelmed in the third and was immediately dropped. No real opportunity to develop in the side. It basically says 'play well every week or youll be dropped'. In a season where NOBODY has played well all week.

Others seems to be able to get away with patchy form.

He's hardly set the world alight, but I'd like to see him getting more chances than he does. I wouldn't give up on him yet. Getting tired of us giving up on players after less than one full season.

Not sending him on against Liverpool when we needed to score four was criminal.
If it were purely about form you'd be right, but it isn't. Depay created a significant amount of ill will with his shit attitude, so no sympathy at all. Now he has to earn back his place, and if that's from further back than he thinks he deserves then too bad. He'll either take out his frustrations on the training pitch or twitter; which one will decide his fate at OT.

Unread 27-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Pop

On his way in the summer according to this mornings papers (as are Schneiderlin, Rojo and Igor Jones)

Unread 27-03-2016, 12:50 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
On his way in the summer according to this mornings papers (as are Schneiderlin, Rojo and Igor Jones)
If we get rid of Schneiderlin, Depay and Rojo a year after signing them, who the £#%&! is picking who we sign?

We're never going to build a squad if we £#%&! them off if they don't settle instantly. Especially players that have come in from a foreign country.

Unread 27-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Pop

Unread 27-03-2016, 04:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
No way are we binning three signings after just one year. Bullshit squared, tbh.

Unread 27-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
If we get rid of Schneiderlin, Depay and Rojo a year after signing them, who the £#%&! is picking who we sign?

We're never going to build a squad if we £#%&! them off if they don't settle instantly. Especially players that have come in from a foreign country.
Schneiderlen. People told me he was so good. Spurs next.

Unread 30-03-2016, 10:18 AM
ZiggyStardust

That football leaks site has released the details of the Memphis transfer from PSV
It's quite a bit more than was originally reported by the Dutch press

He will cost at least £26.7m but with bonuses it could rise to £34m

Woody

Quote:
Manchester United's outlay on Memphis Depay is looking even less like money well spent after his true fee was leaked.

Last season's Dutch Golden Boot winner was snapped up by Reds boss Louis van Gaal before the end of last season to stave off interest from Juventus.

When the Old Trafford signing was finally announced the fee to PSV Eindhoven was flagged up in the region of £20m.

The Football Leaks website has revealed United agreed a fee of £26.7m for the 21-year-old before bonuses.

Memphis has since struggled at United only showing brief glimpses of the talent that convinced Van Gaal to move in for the winger.

It is reported United paid an initial fee of £13.35m with a further payment of £6.6m in January and the same amount to be sent to PSV in the summer.

But the whole transfer outlay could rocket to £34m if United and Memphis enjoy success over the coming three seasons.

If United make the Champions League were to reach the semi-final stage of the competition up to and including the 2019/20 season, the Reds would owe PSV a further £255,000.

If the final was reached the figure would rise to £510,000 and £1million if they were to win the trophy.

Winning the Premier League up to 2020 would also cost the same amount.

Additional payment bonuses have been capped at £3.1million.

United will also pay PSV almost £4m, or 10 percent of the profit, should Memphis be sold on before the summer 2020.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....tract-11106757

Unread 30-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Sapien

On the basis that there is no bonus payable when he wins the Ballon D'Or, I would say that Woody has done a number on them

Unread 30-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Decent deal imo. £13m upfront and 2 £6m payments.....

The rest ain't happening

Unread 30-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Decent deal imo. £13m upfront and 2 £6m payments.....

The rest ain't happening
Exactly.

All these add ons are bullshit. If the players reach the level they need to in order to activate the add on, I'd be more than happy to pay it.

Unread 30-03-2016, 11:42 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Exactly.

All these add ons are bullshit. If the players reach the level they need to in order to activate the add on, I'd be more than happy to pay it.
It's not even about individual achievements though. Memphis could be sat in the stands while we achieve all that and we'd presumably still have to pay it. Tbh I'm happy to see clubs like PSV be in a position to drive a hard bargain. We can afford it; those additions are pennies to us.

Unread 30-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's not even about individual achievements though. Memphis could be sat in the stands while we achieve all that and we'd presumably still have to pay it. Tbh I'm happy to see clubs like PSV be in a position to drive a hard bargain. We can afford it; those additions are pennies to us.
Even then, I wouldn't give a shit.

We win the Champions league but have to give £5m to Depay.

Darn.

Unread 30-03-2016, 11:59 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Hell Depay

Unread 30-03-2016, 12:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Even then, I wouldn't give a shit.

We win the Champions league but have to give £5m to Depay.

Darn.
Well and how many others?

But I agree. We can be quite sure we wouldn't be doing it if we couldn't afford it.
Closed Thread