United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Zorg

Default Re: *Official* United v Liverpool Match Thread - Teams, Links and Dogleash is a @#%&!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Not that this has anything to do with the game, but there's a Chelsea fan talking to Alan Green on 5live, and he says -

"I think, we had not only the best manager in the world in Mourinho, but the best in the PLANET"
I thought I'd misheard and shook my head.

£#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:34 PM
koppas

Default Re: *Official* United v Liverpool Match Thread - Teams, Links and Dogleash is a @#%&!

Ryan Babel called Howard Webb a joke on twitter too.

Good job I've done a screenshot just in case he removes it. I'll send it to the papers and the FA later.

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:35 PM
andyroo

I don't see why it's such a big deal what these @#%&!s do on Twitter tbh.

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
FannyBanter

Koppas Soton away? Fred meet?

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:36 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Slagging off referees on twitter?

I've been banned for less.

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Sandman

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Fair point but if he says it in an interview after the match he gets done. There's a man who draws lines and he needs to be told where to work.

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FannyBanter
Koppas Soton away? Fred meet?
First thing I thought when I saw the draw.

Southampton away last time was mint.

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:48 PM
djsst

Ryan Babel is facing the possibility of disciplinary action from the Football Association after responding to Liverpool's 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford by posting a mocked-up photo on his Twitter site of the referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Webb had incensed Liverpool by awarding a first-minute penalty when Dimitar Berbatov went to ground after a slight touch from Daniel Agger and then sending off Steven Gerrard for a dangerous challenge on Michael Carrick.

Kenny Dalglish, returning as Liverpool manager, called the penalty "a joke" and Babel posted the picture of Webb with the message: "And they call him one of the best referees? That's a joke. SMH."

"SMH" is the abbreviation for "shaking my head" and Babel's attack will almost certainly lead to the FA intervening on the basis that he is alleging impartiality on the part of the man who refereed the World Cup final and was made an MBE in the Queen's New Year's honours list. An FA spokesman has confirmed they are aware of the incident and are looking into it.

Dalglish's son, Paul, also vented his feelings on Twitter, posting a mocked-up picture of Sir Alex Ferguson with his arm around Webb, again in a United shirt.

Dalglish junior wrote: "Howard Webb MBE. Manc of the Busby Era. I am not normally bitter, as you know, but it is different rules against them." In a separate tweet, he added: "Fergie has his puppet Howard Webb on a piece of string."

Guardian.

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Ryan Babel is facing the possibility of disciplinary action from the Football Association after responding to Liverpool's 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford by posting a mocked-up photo on his Twitter site of the referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Webb had incensed Liverpool by awarding a first-minute penalty when Dimitar Berbatov went to ground after a slight touch from Daniel Agger and then sending off Steven Gerrard for a dangerous challenge on Michael Carrick.

Kenny Dalglish, returning as Liverpool manager, called the penalty "a joke" and Babel posted the picture of Webb with the message: "And they call him one of the best referees? That's a joke. SMH."

"SMH" is the abbreviation for "shaking my head" and Babel's attack will almost certainly lead to the FA intervening on the basis that he is alleging impartiality on the part of the man who refereed the World Cup final and was made an MBE in the Queen's New Year's honours list. An FA spokesman has confirmed they are aware of the incident and are looking into it.

Dalglish's son, Paul, also vented his feelings on Twitter, posting a mocked-up picture of Sir Alex Ferguson with his arm around Webb, again in a United shirt.

Dalglish junior wrote: "Howard Webb MBE. Manc of the Busby Era. I am not normally bitter, as you know, but it is different rules against them." In a separate tweet, he added: "Fergie has his puppet Howard Webb on a piece of string."

Guardian.
LOL. They REALLY are bitter about it.

The only way it could have been better would have been if the pen was awarded in the 97th min & the foul was on Owen.

THAT would have been hilarious to see.

I think Hodgson should go to Villa Park as Houlliers assistant so he can help Villa relegate the vermin on the last day of the season.

I would build several churches in Gods honour if that happened.

Unread 09-01-2011, 07:59 PM
MIFF

Quote:

Guardian.
Were Man United, we do what we want

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:08 PM
borsuk

liverpool were dire, created nothing all match.

they didn't make one decent chance - the free kick and that was it - and we handled their best frantic efforts with comfort. the longer they ignore that and the dire state of their squad and focus instead on refs and fergie the better.

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Sloane

thought we were dissapointing tbh.

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:19 PM
djsst

a neutral view from popeandswift.co.uk

Ryan Giggs is United’s best player – I don’t care how many assists Nani has got this season, today, as is often the case he was lazy, arrogant and selfish. Against a weak, 10-man Liverpool Giggs had the most creativity, most impetus and most commitment in a side which included Dimitar ‘plays like Cantona’ Berbatov and Michael ‘can open defences with his passing’ Carrick. Some United players had good games but Giggs was a cut above. Very worrying considering he is 37.

If Liverpool need to make some cash they should sell Glen Johnson – I thought Martin Kelly was excellent today. Liverpool are not going to be competing for the league any time soon, they don’t need a right-back who can ping one in from 20 yards they need one who can defend. Judging by Johnson’s performance against Blackburn and Kelly’s today (up against United’s best player too) Kelly is by far the superior defender and perfect for the tough times ahead.

Steven Gerrard is a tool – Great player, great leader…blah, blah, blah. Thirty minutes gone in one of the most important games of Liverpool’s season, the grudge match, one in which his team are losing. But things weren’t all so bad, United were poor and Liverpool had a chance. That is until Gerrard decided to launch himself, two footed, off the floor into a pretty pointless challenge with Michael Carrick. He knew his team needed him. He knew that they were still well in the game. He knew that if he crunched a United player at Old Trafford then the player would milk it and the crowd would scream for red. He knew all this. And he made the challenge anyway. A reckless, irresponsible and stupid man.

ITV are a joke – I don’t like the BBC either when it comes to football but today was a joke in sports commentary. Jim Beglin just (and I’m being generous here) managed to hide his bias with the penalty decision but failed to remember the amount of times Steven Gerrard has ‘gone to ground too easily’. But the reaction to Lord Gerrard’s challenge on Carrick was ridiculous. Beglin called for yellow whilst his mate Clyde Tyldsley labelled it a ‘big, big challenge’ from Gerrard. Neither mention how reckless and irresponsible it was and how it probably cost Liverpool the tie. Surely back in the studio Gareth Southgate, a former captain and manager, will criticise Gerrard? No. He instead chooses to blame Raul Meireles for pulling out of a challenge with Rafael and that Gerrard was trying to set an example. If this had been some grizzly midfielder from League Two fouling Gerrard the reaction would have been very different. These pundits have no right to criticise the inconsistencies of referees

Gorilla Monsoon

I still can't get over pundits, fans etc thinking Liverpool did well. I only saw the second half to be fair (nights) but it was embarrassing, they didn't even put up a fight, aside from headless chicken kuyt, they just sat back and let us knock it around and have the occasional shot.

It's all very well Babel putting that on twitter if he's come off the pitch knowing his team gave their all and were desperately unlucky, and he played his part, but he didn't, he just came on, jogged about for a bit and that was it, couldn't really look less interested.

suedeshoes

Quote:

The FA spokesman is probably initially looking into it by asking "Who the £#%&! is Ryan Babel ?"

£#%&! them. £#%&! them all.

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:26 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I still can't get over pundits, fans etc thinking Liverpool did well. I only saw the second half to be fair (nights) but it was embarrassing, they didn't even put up a fight, aside from headless chicken kuyt, they just sat back and let us knock it around and have the occasional shot.

It's all very well Babel putting that on twitter if he's come off the pitch knowing his team gave their all and were desperately unlucky, and he played his part, but he didn't, he just came on, jogged about for a bit and that was it, couldn't really look less interested.
They were desperate for Liverpool to win and they are desperate for Dogleash to do well so they're bound to talk utter shite.

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:49 PM
magic_cantona

RAWK is £#%&!ing hilarious

Anyway, the Vermin deserved £#%&! all and both decisions were correct.That's basically it.They're renowned for being ultra defensive so Gerrards ridiculous challenge (which he has lots of form for) was hardly going to liven up their attack was it?

Torres has either lost two yards of pace, has become very average or he just wants away.Amazes me that some of the Vermin support still try to justify his 'performances' "He'll be sound when a new manager comes in" - still shit. "He'll be sound when someone plays along side him" - still shit.He just doesn't want to be there ffs

Rafael was superb and Berbs was quality.Thought we were ok in a game that was never going to be end-to-end after the pea-headed shit stain got sent off.Kooooshak still makes me very £#%&!ing nervous though - an accident waiting to happen.

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:54 PM
taff

Quote:
Dalglish junior wrote: "Howard Webb MBE. Manc of the Busby Era.
genius. well done paul. good to see wit and football ability go hand-in-hand.

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Kooooshak still makes me very £#%&!ing nervous though - an accident waiting to happen.
Great save from that free-kick though tbf.