Unread 21-08-2007, 02:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

What a brilliant post.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:35 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
nft.
yes of course he is, did you forget to take your meds again?
nft

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:35 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What a brilliant post.
The stuff of legend.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:36 PM
El Calafate

he's a better defender imo. Evra for me still hasn't made that position his own. nft.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:40 PM
The Return of JC

Seeing as Heinze is finished at United, Evra hardly needs to make it his own.

Anyone who thinks Heinze is better for us than Evra has a brain made purely from the insides of some bum poo.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
he's a better defender imo. Evra for me still hasn't made that position his own. nft.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:44 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Seeing as Heinze is finished at United, Evra hardly needs to make it his own.

Anyone who thinks Heinze is better for us than Evra has a brain made purely from the insides of some bum poo.
they have different qualities but Heinze is a better defender. won player of the year before he got injured. people easily forget, don't they? nft.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

They both have strengths and weaknesses. Thing is though, Evra is still young and is improving his weak points all the time, he's getting better and better both defensively and going forward. Heinze on the other hand is older and yet to prove he has or can recover fully from a very serious injury. He is at the moment nowhere near the player he was a couple of years ago and at times was all over the show last yewar. When taken all together I'd definitely prefer to have Evra, he has time, skill, fitness and pace on his side.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:46 PM
poppy

Quote:
they have different qualities but Heinze is a better defender. won player of the year before he got injured. people easily forget, don't they? nft.
So did Pires at Arsenal. He was never the same player when he came back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the present day Heinze that is available for selection and not the one from a couple of seasons ago (pre injury)?

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:48 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
So did Pires at Arsenal. He was never the same player when he came back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the present day Heinze that is available for selection and not the one from a couple of seasons ago (pre injury)?
so he can't get back to being that player? nft.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:48 PM
scherben

Albiston > Houston

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We don't know. He didn't look too close last season. Evra on the other hand is without doubt getting better all the time and on current evidence is the better player.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:51 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
We don't know. He didn't look too close last season. Evra on the other hand is without doubt getting better all the time and on current evidence is the better player.
i'm not sure Evra is that great at defending tbh. nft.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think he has gotten better and better. He is so fast he's very difficult to beat man for man and is better positionally than he has been. It isn't like Gabby is perfect in this regard, positionally he was at times appalling last season and with a yard less pace found it much harder to make up for this. He would certainly be better in the air tha Evra, though again Paddy has improved greatly at the physical side of the game. To be honest I think Paddy is at least as good as a defender overall and is so much better as an all round player it's untrue. In the end, Evra is a far better fit as a United fullback in my opinion.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:55 PM
poppy

Quote:
Well I'd suggest not, seeing as he's been back from it for quite a while now.

He was never the best left-back in the league even back then. He looked highly promising during his first season and it looked like he might go on to be some player. It's been a gradual decline ever since. Barthez style.

He's no Denis Irwin, that's for sure.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:58 PM
The Return of JC

Both have their wobbles at the back but Evra is infinitely better coming forward and that is essential to our play.

Even in his early days at United, Heinze was shit coming forward.

Heinze was also player of the year when the club was in a serious transition. He, and Smith, we bought to add some much needed steel at the time. As we've developed since 2004, Heinze has become less pivotal to us and the player's form has dipped.

He's also shown he's not prepared to fight for his place either, which is unacceptable in the 'squad game' era.

It's almost as if he and the club have grown apart.

All the qualities he showed in that first season have been soiled by his recent conduct: Commitment, dedication, resilience. His recent conduct has defied these and I can't look at him the same way again.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
And you think Heinze is? God help you. The man who flies into challenges willy nilly before getting skinned and was hopelessly exposed against Milan?

He is a mediocre defender and has the rare quality for a hard man of feigning injury on the floor like a @#%&! when he's barely been touched.

Unread 21-08-2007, 02:59 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I think he has gotten better and better. He is so fast he's very difficult to beat man for man and is better positionally than he has been. It isn't like Gabby is perfect in this regard, positionally he was at times appalling last season and with a yard less pace found it much harder to make up for this. He would certainly be better in the air tha Evra, though again Paddy has improved greatly at the physical side of the game. To be honest I think Paddy is at least as good as a defender overall and is so much better as an all round player it's untrue. In the end, Evra is a far better fit as a United fullback in my opinion.
For his height, Evra is brilliant in the air. Won numerous headers on Sunday. Unless there's a player who's a good half foot taller than him then he generally wins everything.
He's still young and likely to improve. We've had Heinze's best years.

Unread 21-08-2007, 03:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
For his height, Evra is brilliant in the air. Won numerous headers on Sunday. Unless there's a player who's a good half foot taller than him then he generally wins everything.
He's still young and likely to improve. We've had Heinze's best years.

Exactly my point. I'd take Evra ahead of Gabby any day of the week, even before Heinze turned into a £#%&!ing Judas shithouse @#%&!.
Closed Thread