United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2007, 02:03 PM
MUFC One Love

A lot of our fans would whinge because he's "got a shit attitude" because he's to "laid back".

Unread 15-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Enjoying Insanity

United should try and get hold of all of Spurs' scouts and £#%&! our useless @#%&!s off. Spurs' recent signings have been very shrewd.

Although even then, with the @#%&! family in charge, where would our transfer money come from

Unread 15-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
United should try and get hold of all of Spur's scouts and £#%&! our useless @#%&!s off. Spur's recent signings have been very shrewd.

Although even then, with the @#%&! family in charge, where would our transfer money come from
Spurs' scouts operate for a club that tries to qualify for the Uefa Cup each season.

They are not in United's class.

The team they've got now have currently stand in a very shrewd 8th place in the league.

Unread 15-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Spurs' scouts operate for a club that tries to qualify for the Uefa Cup each season.

The team they've got now have currently stand in a very shrewd 8th place in the league.
And our scouts have "dug up" such quality players as Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Bellion, Miller.... Need I go on.

I reckon I would have prefered Berbatov, (cheap) Carrick, Lennon, Dawson...

Our scouts are notoriously shit, they haven't uncovered an unheard of star since Ole.

Unread 15-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

That's %@#$&!s mate.

I think they are the only team outside of the Big 4 that show ambition. I don't believe for one second that when they sign players they just think "We wanna sign him because he will get us into the UEFA cup". A lot of their players are young, i think that if they keep hold of their players (which will be hard) they will do well.

NFT.

Unread 15-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
And our scouts have "dug up" such quality players as Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Bellion, Miller.... Need I go on.

Our scouts are notoriously shit, they haven't uncovered an unheard of star since Ole.
Totally agree with you there mate!

Unread 15-03-2007, 03:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Quite selective set of names you've picked out there.

Would you prefer Dawson to Vidic? Lennon to Ronaldo?

I could just as easily compare Evra, Heinze, Vidic and Ronaldo to Atouba, Stalteri, Lee and Reid.

When you've got money, signing players to play and impress for a Uefa Cup side is pretty easy. Spurs have made some great signings, but they've also had a lot of write-offs. It's a lot harder at the top end, and we're actually doing quite well in the market these days.

Unread 15-03-2007, 03:58 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:

That's a very cheap arguement.

Pick out Uniteds worst buys in recent years and compare them to Spurs best.

How about Spur's worst ? Oooh, choices, choices.

Bunjcevic.

Routledge.

Korean chap.

Zakora hasn't set white hart lane alight has he ?

Mido - Twice !!

Davenport.

Rasiak

Davids

etc, etc.

Unread 15-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yes, please do.

You could start by telling me which of the 8 players you mentioned aside from Ole was actually "dug up" by a scouting system at United or Spurs.

Unread 15-03-2007, 04:19 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Davenport.
Sign him up.

Unread 15-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Baron

We need a striker with blistering pace to make the team work, Berbatov is class though, one of very few players out there who understand you don't have to use your instep or laces to get the ball where you want it. Not saying he's Zidane but it's good to watch.

Unread 18-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Appletango

Default Re: berbatov is a wonderful footballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
rather sheringham-esque in some ways. however, i worry that if we bought him it would mean playing one up front because he is probably the best player in europe at that role. the temptation would be too much for fergie, i think.

Unread 18-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Berbatov really is a class act!

Unread 18-05-2010, 03:37 PM
PaulParkers

Default Re: berbatov is a wonderful footballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango

You've clearly lost it.

Unread 18-05-2010, 03:40 PM
borsuk

somebody have a word. he's a grown man, isn't he?

treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
shut up violater anyone can score goals in the german league was the reply i got in the summer.

So marlo DOES rate Berbles.

Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
somebody have a word. he's a grown man, isn't he?
Berbatov the best lone striker in Europe. Comment of the century. This is why you shouldn't be taken seriously.

Unread 18-05-2010, 03:41 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Berbatov the best lone striker in Europe. Comment of the century. This is why you shouldn't be taken seriously.
"Appletango is definitely ahead on the judges score cards going into this, round 12. Borsuk needs a knock out here..."

Unread 18-05-2010, 03:47 PM
SNAFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
pass me 1 will ya
Closed Thread