United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2011, 06:13 PM
borsuk

Default Re: Would you take two draws from the next two games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I agree with the sentiment, but it doesn't mean we will do it. Nothing this season suggest we will.

Should, yes, but do you actually think we will?
why not? i don't think we've struggled against any of the decent sides we've played. we've been poor against some of the rubbish, i'd be more worried about dropping points against them.

Unread 01-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Father Christmas

I think we'll win the league regardless of the results of the next 2 matches.

Unread 01-03-2011, 06:22 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
why not? i don't think we've struggled against any of the decent sides we've played. we've been poor against some of the rubbish, i'd be more worried about dropping points against them.
Well, we've hardly played any of the good sides away. Although we had our big game concentraty heads on at City, Spurs and in Valencia....we were just woeful up front.

Ofcourse most of believe we can play well and get a result, but it's more of a case if we will based on our away form, how we set up and how we approach the game. I fear it'll be needlessly cagey, negative and it'll handicap us.

4-4-2 4 4 points from 2

Unread 01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Liu Jian

We should be looking for four points. Despite our approach and lack of effectiveness in many of our away games, neither Chelsea or Liverpool are that amazing.

Unread 01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
I think we'll win the league regardless of the results of the next 2 matches.
You'd still fancy us if we lost them both? Hhhmm, not sure I'd agree with that. I know it would leave us a maximum of 2 behind, but it could kill our confidence and Skyrocket Arsenal's.

Unread 01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
We should be looking for four points. Despite our approach and lack of effectiveness in many of our away games, neither Chelsea or Liverpool are that amazing.
Im gonna go with looking for 6, happy with 4, not crying with 2 and anything less we're in trouble.

Unread 01-03-2011, 07:33 PM
jem

I would not take two draws.

firstly, liverpool and chelsea are both playing shit at the moment. ok, so they will both raise their games, but still...

we could lose to arsenal. if they won their two games and beat us, they would be ahead with a relative easy run of fixtures.

I expect arsenal to £#%&! up, but I don't want to rely on it (especially as we will probably be £#%&!ing up too).

so... I would take two wins and then we can afford to lose to arsenal and still be ahead. I wouldn't take losing to arsenal either (we really could do with the maximum cushion), but I think we need to win the next two.

Unread 01-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Coracao

We need 4 points imo.

Unread 01-03-2011, 07:40 PM
MUFC One Love

We'll win tonight and draw at Liverpool, imo.

Unread 02-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Stickman

ill take 3......

Unread 02-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
£#%&! no. we're top of the league and chelsea are twelve points back for a reason, we should be looking to show why we will be worthy champions.
Yeah, turns out they wanted it a bit more.

Unread 02-03-2011, 01:58 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah, turns out they wanted it a bit more.
£#%&! off did they.

we totally outplayed them and they just kicked and cheated until they got what they wanted. that is not wanting it more. that is being allowed to get away with it. and there is only one person to blame for that - the same @#%&! that robbed us last year.

Unread 02-03-2011, 06:34 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, it's not the midfield I would have picked, but in the first half we cut them to shreds - our passing was good and their movement without the ball was pathetic.

playing at the week-end with the same team, being kicked throughout... it takes its toll. I wouldn't blame anyone today.

on our team, that is.
correct. that first half was as good as we've played all season.

Unread 02-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Which is what makes it all the more painful. A complete no-show like at Wolves would have hurt less - BUT would have been a much worse harbinger.

Unread 02-03-2011, 09:54 AM
believe

yes

Unread 02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
yes

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:30 PM
red in cumbria

Said earlier in this thread, I would settle for a win and a loss. Well, we're halfway there

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

How inappropriate a thread on a day like today imo.

Unread 02-03-2011, 02:42 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Agreed.

I can't be arsed scrawling through the inquest so I'm just gonna throw in my two cents.

I thought we were brilliant in the first half. The best we've played away from home. We were aggressive, postive, combative, sharp with the passing, great movement - everything we'd asked for pre-match. We defended valiantly in the second half too without quite hitting the heights of the first half. Credit should go to Chelsea. Yes, they were cynical and that should've been stamped out by the gutless Atkinson, but they really upped the tempo second half and I thought we fought valiantly to stay in the game, whilst still looking dangerous on the break. It was a great game and, despite being incredibly £#%&!ing angry, I feel positive about the way we approached the game and how we played. I think if we play like that on Sunday we will win.

Most away games this season have left me feeling uninspired and flat. They've just been so negative and dull and brought the bore draws on themselves. Last night was far more like the old United and I thought we deserved better. It's nice to actually be involved in an entertaining game again. I actually felt we could, you know, score when we went forward.

I was pretty pleased with the players and performance last night and thought we were royally screwed.

Vidic though. Sorry, but that's totally irresponsible and £#%&!in stupid. Do these players not think? Is everything just adrenaline and impulses?...
Closed Thread