United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Gizza

Default Re: *Official* Wigan v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and each time you pay Sky a puppy dies

Well, that looked far more dangerous that what rooney did...

Unread 28-02-2011, 12:52 PM
The Watcher

Default Re: *Official* Wigan v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and each time you pay Sky a puppy dies

Let’s face it, an opponent could drive a tank onto the pitch and start firing depleted uranium shells at our players and the FA/media wouldn’t give a £#%&!.

Unread 28-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Let’s face it, an opponent could drive a tank onto the pitch and start firing depleted uranium shells at our players and the FA/media wouldn’t give a £#%&!.

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:03 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Wigan match programme (don't care if posted before btw).

First time I make it into a United program and it's 6 years after i stop going

Top red

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:06 PM
helmet

Thumbs up Re: *Official* Wigan v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and each time you pay Sky a puppy dies

No action against Rooney for the elbow - BBC ticker

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:10 PM
jem

probably no action against mccarthy either. lucky £#%&!ing bastard. I'm livid.

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:14 PM
The Return of JC

I'm struggling to see how anyone can defend this. McCarthy stepped into his path? Yeah, ok, so? That means Rooney can just elbow him in the face? Provoked, not provoked. Doesn't matter. It's a deliberate elbow in the head. It's a straight red card every time. It's totally wreckless and irresponsible. The annoying thing though, i can understand, is this apparent changing of the rule book. Ref dealt with it (incorrectly) so Rooney should escape punishment. I don't think he will though and he has nobody to blame but himself and at least it means Berbs will finally get some games.

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I'm struggling to see how anyone can defend this. McCarthy stepped into his path? Yeah, ok, so? That means Rooney can just elbow him in the face? Provoked, not provoked. Doesn't matter. It's a deliberate elbow in the head. It's a straight red card every time. It's totally wreckless and irresponsible. The annoying thing though, i can understand, is this apparent changing of the rule book. Ref dealt with it (incorrectly) so Rooney should escape punishment. I don't think he will though and he has nobody to blame but himself and at least it means Berbs will finally get some games.
Pretty sure that Berbs and Giggs have been wrapped in cotton wool and saved for the next 2 games

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Ref dealt with it (incorrectly) so Rooney should escape punishment. I don't think he will though and he has nobody to blame but himself and at least it means Berbs will finally get some games.
He has escaped punishment. As it says just a couple of posts above yours.

I agree with you though, he's a lucky lucky lad.

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He has escaped punishment. As it says just a couple of posts above yours.

I agree with you though, he's a lucky lucky lad.
He has basically been given the same treatment as Gerard after his elbow against Blackpool.

Stupid @#%&! dipper in office this morning giving it "they can't let him get away with it", I replied "Gerard did", he then says "that's exactly why Rooney shouldn't"

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:27 PM
andyroo

He's gotten away with it because of a stupid rule. Same as Gerrard did.

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:27 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Wigan match programme (don't care if posted before btw).

Is that a FCUM flag in top left corner?

Unread 28-02-2011, 02:29 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Is that a FCUM flag in top left corner?
It's an FC crowd shot from the FA cup game at home to brighton.....£#%&! up or piss take by someone at wigan, you decide.

Unread 28-02-2011, 03:26 PM
rebelcountyred

rooney has got away with it, i'm pleased but really what a £#%&!wit he is, would have been sent off if referee had seen it properly, wouldn't have fancied us to have got three points then, really doesn't give a £#%&! about the club just his quarter of a million wages a week

Unread 28-02-2011, 04:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
rooney has got away with it, i'm pleased but really what a £#%&!wit he is, would have been sent off if referee had seen it properly, wouldn't have fancied us to have got three points then, really doesn't give a £#%&! about the club just his quarter of a million wages a week
This.

Whilst it wasn't *quite* as bad as the media have been making out, he was still a #@&%! - again......

Sort it out, Wayne