Lampard.

Rodwell.

Milner.

Hart.

Unread 16-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Liu Jian

Default Re: any english players

Lampard at United? No thanks.

He excels when the team is built around him, struggles to adapt when things are different. Average in a midfield 2.

Unread 16-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
moses is very raw but there's talent there, nqat.

i think cattermole will be an england fixture in three years, going to be an excellent player. 22 years old and a first team regular in the premier league - in fact, sunderland are already very dependent on him. they fall apart when he's not there.
both talented but united class?

no way imo

Unread 16-05-2010, 05:32 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
both talented but united class?

no way imo
too early to tell with moses tbf. think cattermole will be a top player.

Unread 16-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
too early to tell with moses tbf. think cattermole will be a top player.
cattermole is a good player. not sure if he can make the transition to become a top player though.

time will tell i suppose

Unread 16-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Sloppy

Defoe?

Unread 16-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Withers

King and Rodwell. Maybe Adam Johnson at a push.

Unread 16-05-2010, 05:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Defoe?
Erm, no

Unread 16-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Baron

Rodwell looks like he'll be a good player, nqat, but £20m+ good? Massive gamble & the "no value" tag certainly holds a lot of weight there. Same with Milner, this £28m fee banded about is £#%&!ing mental considering he's not even an England regular.

Ledley King is an excellent player but you wouldn't spend money on a cripple. Well, not another one anyway.

I'd take Joe Cole on a free, well capable of playing at the top level & Fergie's a long term admirer.

Hart - you probably would tbf, if we get £6m for Foster throwing another £4m or so at Hart on top of that would be good value for a 'keeper that has saved Brum a fair few points this season. Shame he's at City really.

Lennon... we've got Valencia who's better. He has ruined Evra a few times though, his pace is immense. As is Walcotts, as a 21 year old with that much experience I expect him to improve massively as he matures & his body is now developed, had a few injuries but given the fee Arsenal paid you wouldn't expect him to go for anything but large amounts of cash.

The rest aren't great. If we didn't have Evra you wouldn't whinge at having Ashley Cole at left back would you. @#%&! that he is.

Unread 16-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
for every torres there's half a dozen reyeses, babels, forlans, rieras etc.
I am going to get totally slated for this but here we go...

I actually rate Reyes, I reckon Fergie could have made him work at United

Do your worst

Unread 16-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I am going to get totally slated for this but here we go...

I actually rate Reyes, I reckon Fergie could have made him work at United

Do your worst
i've always rated reyes since i watched him tear barca a new one a few years ago. on the left he ruined them on his own, think it finished 1-1 - ronaldinho scored a screamer from about 30yrds out

Unread 17-05-2010, 02:51 AM
Sandman

I really don't get the Rodwell hype, I could understand it if he was a centre back, but as a midfielder I really can't see what the fuss is about.

If I could pick any young English player to have at United it would be Wilshere, I don't know where the rumour of uncertainty over his Arsenal future has come from because from what I've read Wenger seems to rate him very highly. I wouldn't mind having Cattermole at United either.

Unread 17-05-2010, 03:27 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Lampard at United? No thanks.

He excels when the team is built around him, struggles to adapt when things are different. Average in a midfield 2.
That old Lampard aint that good argument

Goals win you games.

nft

Unread 17-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That old Lampard aint that good argument

Goals win you games.

nft

Unread 17-05-2010, 10:48 AM
dunk

I wanted us to sign Adam Johnson last summer and in January, in hindsight though, he has a horrible, weasely little face that fits perfectly with city.

Rodwell should be purchased, and probably will be at some point. Wilshire looks a good 'un, beyond that I'm struggling.

Everton have supposedly got another young striker coming through that's going to be the dogs %@#$&!s.

I'd take Agbonlahor for £10m as a reserve striker as well, but that isn't likely to happen.

Unread 17-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wanted us to sign Adam Johnson last summer and in January, in hindsight though, he has a horrible, weasely little face that fits perfectly with city.

Rodwell should be purchased, and probably will be at some point. Wilshire looks a good 'un, beyond that I'm struggling.

Everton have supposedly got another young striker coming through that's going to be the dogs %@#$&!s.

I'd take Agbonlahor for £10m as a reserve striker as well, but that isn't likely to happen.
Jose Baxter?

Unread 17-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Ginners

rodwell, wilshire, cattermole, carroll, hart, johnson

Unread 17-05-2010, 10:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Jose Baxter?
Baxter, that's the one.