United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Default Re: Berbatov quits International football

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I understand your point, I was only reacting because you were goading me into it!

For what it's worth I'd like us to go 4-4-2 a bit more often next season, but it isn't gonna happen - especially in Europe & the big League matches.
Can't see it - 4-5-1/4-3-3 - whatever it is - has worked exceptionally well most of the time. We've had a brilliant season using it most of the time. Obviously when Rooney was injured we had no one to play the man up front role (Berbatov is clearly not the right player for that) and suffered for it because fergie persisted. I'm reasonably confident - dare I say it - that if owen had been fit, we'd have probably beaten blackburn and won the league.

Maybe even got past munich as we played with an unfit rooney for the best part of 45mins

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Now I try and stay out of the Berbatov bashing on here because it borderline spoilt/embarrassing/ott -

BUT

Stats can often be misleading Mike. Tevez brought so much more to the side in his first season and the fact he is now a Div and has acted the @#%&! since he left shouldnt encourage Utd fans to re-write history. (which has been a popular hobby for some on the messageboards since he joined those @#%&!s)

The simple fact is when Tevez wasnt scoring he was certainly contributing, and tries hard is a bit of a slap in the face in my view as well. Nobody was belittling his 'trying' at home in the 2nd leg v Barca were they?

Not having a go as you can tell youre level headed and know the score, from your posts. Berbatov has been dismal overall for a player of such stunning ability. Tevez was also very in and out of the side last season in his defence, not saying that his whinging was acceptable, it wasnt and never wll be for anyone at Utd, but I could see where he was coming from as often his omissions from the 11 last season were a bit of a head scratcher. Chelsea away 4th game in (hed started the season our in form player). Chelsea home after bagging 4 v Blackburn was a tad harsh as well I thought as 2 that spring instantly to mind.
No absolutely - he very likely DID have good reason to wonder what the £#%&! was going on in fergies head (particularly after the 4 against blackburn)

I cheered him right up until he went public. For me, you just don't do that if you're a united player. At the very least you shut the £#%&! up, do your best and if things don't improve move when the transfer window opens.

The problem with carlos tevez is, in my opinion, that carlos tevez isn't nearly as good as carlos tevez thinks he is.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I understand your point, I was only reacting because you were goading me into it!

For what it's worth I'd like us to go 4-4-2 a bit more often next season, but it isn't gonna happen - especially in Europe & the big League matches.
maybe, but it needs to imo

look at the goals Rooney delivered this season and some of his performances were brilliant. yet because of the way he was used, by the time the crunch came he was £#%&!ed. almost criminal when you think about it.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Tevez loved United, and still loves United if you believe his best mate Patrice Evra.

Berbatov had a pre season with Spurs in 2008 but that really isn't relevant, he's a great player but simply doesn't suit United. It's annoying sounding like a broken record to the berbatov lovers on here who can't seem to accept this hasn't worked out.

Look at Pep and the Ibrahimovic situation, after only a season he's accepted his mistake and seen that it doesn't work. He'll be moved on to City now and they'll get a striker that suits their team like David Villa.

We are fooling ourselves by thinking he will eventually come good at United, he's a 29 year old man, not some up and coming kid. He's wasting his time here at a club that doesn't play in a way that suits his game. It's best for both parties if we went our separate ways in the summer.

You Berbatov lovers are truly astonishing though, but then again wiganste eventually accepted this doesn't work so maybe there is some hope for you and Tumescent Throb.

woah woah woah hold your portuguese thoroughbreds senor.

I am first of all not advocating Berbatov stay at United. I'm just not saying i'll cry if he doesn't move on, which most on here would. Possibly top themselves actually.

Secondly, my point was if you read my first post, that his attitude has been preferable to the player most people wanted to see signed and has done nothing but bad mouth us for the last 12-14 months. Oh and you didn't tell me where you'd seen the deal done.....? Tevez does not in any way shape or form 'love' united. Would anyone who 'loved' united go over to those @#%&!s and laud it up? Nah. Perfect examples as well: Schmeichel, @#%&!. Cole, not a @#%&!. You can do certain things and still retain your class.

If you'd read my previous stance on berbatov it's the same as most - great player, wrong system. I don't necessarily say great player, wrong team though

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:51 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not in £#%&!ing rome he didn't

how exactly do you know that "we kept telling Tevez it would be done eventually" btw?
Who did show any heart in Rome?

Gill and Fergie seemed to peddle lies every month since the deal was done.

Remember the first date for the loan to be turned into a full transfer was January 2008.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Who did show any heart in Rome?

Gill and Fergie seemed to peddle lies every month since the deal was done.

Remember the first date for the loan to be turned into a full transfer was January 2008.

Why, because you read it in the sun? Or aftonbladet sorry.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

The problem with carlos tevez is, in my opinion, that carlos tevez isn't nearly as good as carlos tevez thinks he is.
I think thats sort of fair. I say sort of because scoring near 30 goals in your debut season at City is no mean feet!!

I desperately wanted to believe hed carry on his 2nd season Utd form with the Divs but it wasnt to be. He kills defenders when hes on it. And as much as high pressing and aggression isnt a skill, after 4 seasons in the Prem its a wonder that half the defenders dont seem to have either worked him out or are able to deal with him yet.

Unread 14-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

goes round and round and round this don't it

suffice it to say that all Berbatov needs to do to make this shit go away is stick a few more goals in. a cleaner connection on that volley at home to Chelsea and the story would be so much different. or even a complete mis-kick like Scholes in Milan. or, if you like, like Rooney when Berbatov put that one on a plate for him at home to Fulham. it's a fine line.

Unread 14-05-2010, 02:14 PM
The Return of JC

[quote=Tumescent Throb;2011947]goes round and round and round this don't it

suffice it to say that all Berbatov needs to do to make this shit go away is stick a few more goals in. a cleaner connection on that volley at home to Chelsea and the story would be so much different. or even a complete mis-kick like Scholes in Milan. or, if you like, like Rooney when Berbatov put that one on a plate for him at home to Fulham. it's a fine line.[/QUOTE]

It certainly is. It only takes a game, a moment for someone to truly 'arrive'. The guy is talented enough and, despite his body language and apparent 'laziness', the guy obviously cares and wants to succeed.

Look at Nani. Totally written off by most. All it took was one good game at The Emirates and he's hardly looked back.

These things take time. Players take time. They're just people and it's not always easy. I'll be pleased if he's lining up on the opening day of the season next to Wazza and I really hope it happens for him. There's a potentially great player in there somewhere.

Unread 14-05-2010, 02:35 PM
red in cumbria

Tevez "loved" us like he "loved" West Ham before and "loves" Man City now.....

In other words, he didn't at all. He loves himself first, last, always

Now that is out of the way, I must admit I honestly don't know what to think about Berbie anymore. One thing I *will* say though - he has never gone whining to the ABU press or trying to play our fans off against the manager, unlike the other player discussed here

That, at least, is something we should credit him with.

Unread 14-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Look at Nani. Totally written off by most. All it took was one good game at The Emirates and he's hardly looked back.
This is beginning to get scary how people on here are talking up Nani now. He's improved yes but he's still a long way off.

Unread 14-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Now that is out of the way, I must admit I honestly don't know what to think about Berbie anymore. One thing I *will* say though - he has never gone whining to the ABU press or trying to play our fans off against the manager, unlike the other player discussed here

That, at least, is something we should credit him with.
Mentally hes out of his depth here. Not that its excusable for players who have proved themselves or earned some 'slack' but if Berbs was to go whinging in the press he'd be taking the absolute piss would he not?

Unread 14-05-2010, 02:57 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
This is beginning to get scary how people on here are talking up Nani now. He's improved yes but he's still a long way off.
Form of his life toward the end of the season.

Unread 14-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Mentally hes out of his depth here. Not that its excusable for players who have proved themselves or earned some 'slack' but if Berbs was to go whinging in the press he'd be taking the absolute piss would he not?
Depends whether you think Tevez had earned himself some 'slack'

But yeah, if berbatov started moaning about the lack of first team action he'd be well out of order, as would anyone. If you're not playing, fergie has a reason. And if anyone's learned anything over the past 20 odd years, it's fergie's generally right
Closed Thread