Tumescent Throb 06/10

Appearences: 16,750

Clueless posts: 15,439

Meaningless Stats: 5,448

Funny posts: 3

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:15 PM
armchair

Default Re: Berbatov quits International football

He was shit out of form at the end of the season BUT he was trying. If he continues to try then the form will return.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Tumescent Throb 06/10

Appearences: 16,750

Clueless posts: 15,439

Meaningless Stats: 5,448

Funny posts: 3

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:18 PM
The Return of JC

Fine player, just needs the penny to drop. If he stays, it will next year.

Third season is often the key season.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
He only starts at home to Bolton, Stoke, Fulham and Burnley etc that's why his record looks so misleading.

How many games this season did he start against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, City or Villa - There the 14 games where we need our 30m to perform.

Owen, Wellbeck, Macheda or any average striker would probably score a few against the relegation fodder.
really we just need enough points to finish top. a single goal by any United player at Blackburn would've won us the league as it turned out.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:25 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
really we just need enough points to finish top. a single goal by any United player at Blackburn would've won us the league as it turned out.
you can't argue with that fact

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:26 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
and before you explode into feigned pixel rage Ramone, try and forget the individuals concerned and you'll see that Berbatov's 12 league goals in 24 league starts this season compares very well with the second best attacker in the team over each of the past few seasons. it's a Ferguson's man united thing perhaps?

It's Statman!..Go get him Boys.

Take the square route of 23 & divide it by Berbatov's goals per-games ratio when compared to Wayne Rooney. Very interesting.

Multiply the number of times Berbatov has been Sub in relation to how many goals he's actually scored in the 'key games' & subtract all reason.

I therefore conclude that statistically Berbatov is better than both Rooney & Cantona

Forget the fact that Rooney was 18 years old when we bought him & is bound to have 'up & down' stats in his first couple of years at the Club.

Berbatov has a lot to prove in a United shirt. So far he's been nowhere nera good enough.
It's not Ferguson's fault, it's his fault.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:29 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Or more pertinently 1 more goal against Chelsea in either of the games this season

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Whip Hubley

Haters gonna hate

fair play tbh, if only kettleneck had shown a similar attitude in fighting for his place instead of throwing a £#%&!ing wobbler every time he was on the bench fergie might have taken a punt on him.

Was discussing this at the weekend, for all our good points united fans are the some of the most bigoted around and occasionally can't see past a player who 'tries hard'

For me it's not that berbatov has been disappointing, because he has, but it's the tevez love in I don't get.

A man who in his 'great' 2008 season scored 14 league goals - 2 more than berbatov this year despite a load more time on the pitch and more starts - and a man who scored 5 goals last year and mouthed off months before the end of the season.

I can only presume it's because he ran around like a @#%&!. And yet whenever berbatov gets brought up in conversation it's "we should have signed tevez instead"

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Or more pertinently 1 more goal against Chelsea in either of the games this season
tbf the ref £#%&!ed us in the first one, and we never really deserved much out of the OT game.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It's not Ferguson's fault, it's his fault.

And yet for most it's fergusons fault that tevez did so poorly last season...

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Ginners

tevez has proven this season what a good player he is. he is a much better goalscorer than berbatov. his critics seem to think him 'running around like a @#%&!' is a bad thing, which is odd because thats what rooney has always done.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Forget the fact that Rooney was 18 years old when we bought him & is bound to have 'up & down' stats in his first couple of years at the Club.

his stats were very consistent

that was the point really

Rooney was the main goalscorer this season

in previous seasons when he was, if you like, the second goalscorer his stats are consistently similar to berbatov's this season

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
tevez has proven this season what a good player he is. he is a much better goalscorer than berbatov. his critics seem to think him 'running around like a @#%&!' is a bad thing, which is odd because thats what rooney has always done.
true. however, tevez and Rooney were generally ineffectual together and the argentinian was unlikely to start ahead of him in a 4-5-1 either.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
I can only presume it's because he ran around like a @#%&!. And yet whenever berbatov gets brought up in conversation it's "we should have signed tevez instead"

Tevez is a @#%&!, but as a footballer he's far more suited to United than Berbatov.
He wasn't prolific, but he played his football at a high tempo (the United way) ...he stood up to be counted (Moscow shoot-out) ...& he scored important goals (Lyon away, Blackburn away, Liverpool away etc)

His behaviour last Season was disgraceful & I understand completely why we got shot of him, it's far from a 'Tevez Love-in'

That's just my opinion though. I'm just as entitled to it as you are yours.
All fans of all Clubs have different views on players, it's up to Berbatov to prove people like me wrong.
There's no vendetta there at all, I'll be made up if he really turns it on next season.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:37 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Haters gonna hate

fair play tbh, if only kettleneck had shown a similar attitude in fighting for his place instead of throwing a £#%&!ing wobbler every time he was on the bench fergie might have taken a punt on him.

Was discussing this at the weekend, for all our good points united fans are the some of the most bigoted around and occasionally can't see past a player who 'tries hard'

For me it's not that berbatov has been disappointing, because he has, but it's the tevez love in I don't get.

A man who in his 'great' 2008 season scored 14 league goals - 2 more than berbatov this year despite a load more time on the pitch and more starts - and a man who scored 5 goals last year and mouthed off months before the end of the season.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Tevez was begging for 2 years to be signed by United, had a good debut season despite having no pre season, always gave his all for the shirt and started his 2nd season really well and would have had the sort of season he's had at City had it not been for the unnecessary Berbatov signing. The Bulgarian didn't even have to fight for his place.

Carlitos was treated badly, which led to his over the top contempt for United and Fergie which I obviously can't excuse but the guy was treated like shit, we had the deal agreed when the loan deal was done. It was obvious we were never gonna sign him, yet kept telling Tevez it would be done eventually. We played with his heart when he had finally found a home.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
That's not my point. My point is, despite all statistics showing berbatov is actually more prolific for us than tevez ever was, he still gets loads of shit because he's perceived as 'lazy'.

It's a bit daft comparing them now that Tevez is at city. By your calculation, Darren bent is presumably a better player than tevez because he has more goals, at a much inferior side?

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

his stats were very consistent

that was the point really

Rooney was the main goalscorer this season

in previous seasons when he was, if you like, the second goalscorer his stats are consistently similar to berbatov's this season
I understand your point, I was only reacting because you were goading me into it!

For what it's worth I'd like us to go 4-4-2 a bit more often next season, but it isn't gonna happen - especially in Europe & the big League matches.

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Tevez was begging for 2 years to be signed by United, had a good debut season despite having no pre season, always gave his all for the shirt and started his 2nd season really well and would have had the sort of season he's had at City had it not been for the unnecessary Berbatov signing. The Bulgarian didn't even have to fight for his place.

Carlitos was treated badly, which led to his over the top contempt for United and Fergie which I obviously can't excuse but the guy was treated like shit, we had the deal agreed when the loan deal was done. It was obvious we were never gonna sign him, yet kept telling Tevez it would be done eventually. We played with his heart when he had finally found a home.
not in £#%&!ing rome he didn't

how exactly do you know that "we kept telling Tevez it would be done eventually" btw?

Unread 14-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Haters gonna hate

Now I try and stay out of the Berbatov bashing on here because it borderline spoilt/embarrassing/ott -

BUT

Stats can often be misleading Mike. Tevez brought so much more to the side in his first season and the fact he is now a Div and has acted the @#%&! since he left shouldnt encourage Utd fans to re-write history. (which has been a popular hobby for some on the messageboards since he joined those @#%&!s)

The simple fact is when Tevez wasnt scoring he was certainly contributing, and tries hard is a bit of a slap in the face in my view as well. Nobody was belittling his 'trying' at home in the 2nd leg v Barca were they?

Not having a go as you can tell youre level headed and know the score, from your posts. Berbatov has been dismal overall for a player of such stunning ability. Tevez was also very in and out of the side last season in his defence, not saying that his whinging was acceptable, it wasnt and never wll be for anyone at Utd, but I could see where he was coming from as often his omissions from the 11 last season were a bit of a head scratcher. Chelsea away 4th game in (hed started the season our in form player). Chelsea home after bagging 4 v Blackburn was a tad harsh as well I thought as 2 that spring instantly to mind.
Closed Thread