The @#%&!

I for one will never forgive him
bad miss that dunk tbf

Unread 13-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Baron

Default Re: Valencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
That ZonalMarking site is usually really good, another one they've done well with there as well.

Unread 13-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
fulham at home? bayern at home certainly. vermin at home certainly.

not sure about us playing 4-5-1 in the majority of games either tbh

Valencia was guilty of the miss that has effectively cost us the league, when Berbatov put him clean through at Blackburn. other than that he's been excellent overall
Didn't get an assist in either of them games against Fulham or Liverpool. Stats are only from premierleague games.

He has been excellent, don't get me wrong, but signing of the season? - Not for me. Tbh honest I expect a little more from him, which I am sure will come.

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

he was brought down for the penalty

you'll be telling me Nani didn't score at Arsenal next

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
That ZonalMarking site is usually really good, another one they've done well with there as well.
This is quite a fair analysis of our season too;

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/05/...cking-options/

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
bad miss that dunk tbf
I was being half serious tbh

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The @#%&!

I for one will never forgive him
i for one will never forget/ let it be forgotten that Berbatov split the defence

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
i for one will never forget/ let it be forgotten that Berbatov split the defence
It was a miskick, or a shot.

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Appletango

Quote:
he was brought down for the penalty

you'll be telling me Nani didn't score at Arsenal next
I won't be.Nani did score against Arsenal.

I am getting the data from the official premierleague stats. Feel free to check yourself.

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
This is quite a fair analysis of our season too;

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/05/...cking-options/
good points there. definitely agree that Unted's short-comings were ultimately down to a lack of tactical variation.

the point about the defence is a bit misleading though. with so many injuries - and so changes - to defenders it's no surprise that the rest of the side suffers going forward as a result of trying to make sure the back door is shut.

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
He has been excellent, don't get me wrong, but signing of the season? - Not for me. Tbh honest I expect a little more from him, which I am sure will come.
Agree with that. He's been good considering it's his first season, but I don't think you could match his impact with that of Tevez at City, for example, and you would definitely hope there's more to come. He's shown, particularly against Bayern at OT, that he's capable of playing at this level, which is the main thing. Both he and Nani need to be aiming for double-figures in goals next season, too.

As has been said on here before, a Rafael-Evra, Nani-Valencia combination on the flanks throughout a season is a very exciting prospect.

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
I won't be.Nani did score against Arsenal.

I am getting the data from the official premierleague stats. Feel free to check yourself.
fair enough. i was just going by the fact that I saw Valencia win the penalty against Liverpool tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agree with that. He's been good considering it's his first season, but I don't think you could match his impact with that of Tevez at City, for example, and you would definitely hope there's more to come. He's shown, particularly against Bayern at OT, that he's capable of playing at this level, which is the main thing. Both he and Nani need to be aiming for double-figures in goals next season, too.

As has been said on here before, a Rafael-Evra, Nani-Valencia combination on the flanks throughout a season is a very exciting prospect.
but you're not comparing like for like. look at the impact Valencia has had on Rooney's goal output and you'll be closer.

btw fwiw i've seen tevez 3 times this season and he hasn't been any better than he was most of the time for us last season tbh. took his goal well in the LC s/f tbf. was hard-working against Villa without really offering much quality and was rarely involved in either game at OT that I saw.

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Appletango

[quote=Tumescent Throb;2010747]fair enough. i was just going by the fact that I saw Valencia win the penalty against Liverpool tbh.

We didn't score a penalty against Liverpool hth.

Unread 13-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

[quote=Appletango;2010771]
Quote:
fair enough. i was just going by the fact that I saw Valencia win the penalty against Liverpool tbh.

We didn't score a penalty against Liverpool hth.
it does help

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

i meant in the whole league tbh

lolzers

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
lolzers
He refuses to give any non-united player any kind of award.

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
but you're not comparing like for like. look at the impact Valencia has had on Rooney's goal output and you'll be closer.

btw fwiw i've seen tevez 3 times this season and he hasn't been any better than he was most of the time for us last season tbh. took his goal well in the LC s/f tbf. was hard-working against Villa without really offering much quality and was rarely involved in either game at OT that I saw.
I dunno, Tevez has generally looked good outside of the goals when I've seen him for City. The truth is, I haven't watched anywhere near enough Premiership football to have a clue who the best signing is. I just think we might be going a bit overboard on Valencia. He's been a good addition to the side, but I still think he has a fair way to go. There's every reason, based on what he's shown this year, to think he can keep getting better, though.
Closed Thread