Originally Posted by naes_sean

ffs sean

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Whip Hubley

Default Re: Berbatov

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

ffs sean

shit video though. if it had been another team's player, say, 'Buy Terry some pride/dignity/humility fund' might have found it amusing. Don't understand laughing at our own players tbf

Most of you are presuming he won't be here next season anyway....

He gets far too much stick because he's an easy target. Played very well at times this season, and given that a lot defended Tevez last year because he had a "stop start season" and then fail to see the comparison with Berbatov this year... odd indeed.

Obviously he's not scored against the 'big sides' (let's ignore the fact that he's barely played in these games), one thing he does very well is unlocking the lower teams which have a tendency to put 10 men against the ball (see: Stoke, Blackburn where valencia should have scored, wolfsburg, sunderland, wigan etc etc).
When he scored against Everton (1-3 reverse) it was his 5th goal in 5 league starts.

If he's here next season and happy to play off the bench or against smaller sides, I have no issues with him being here. Unfortunately the blinkered, spoiled brats that make up some of our support will ensure he's not around

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:19 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

shit video though. if it had been another team's player, say, 'Buy Terry some pride/dignity/humility fund' might have found it amusing. Don't understand laughing at our own players tbf

He gets far too much stick because he's an easy target. Played very well at times this season, and given that a lot defended Tevez last year because he had a "stop start season" and then fail to see the comparison with Berbatov this year... odd indeed.

Obviously he's not scored against the 'big sides' (let's ignore the fact that he's barely played in these games), one thing he does very well is unlocking the lower teams which have a tendency to put 10 men against the ball (see: Stoke, Blackburn where valencia should have scored, wolfsburg, sunderland, wigan etc etc).
When he scored against Everton (1-3 reverse) it was his 5th goal in 5 league starts.

If he's here next season and happy to play off the bench or against smaller sides, I have no issues with him being here. Unfortunately the blinkered, spoiled brats that make up some of our support will ensure he's not around
I dont want rid but its still funny

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:39 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

ffs sean

picky @#%&!.

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:42 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

thats owen's job not our most expensive signing

mikey he is £#%&!ing dog dirt. i always expected him to turn the corner but it never happened £#%&! him off cut our losses and move on.

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:45 PM
denis lawless

Quote:

picky @#%&!.

i like things neatly trimmed

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:46 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

i like things neatly trimmed
don't we all

Unread 13-05-2010, 04:48 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
don't we all

Unread 13-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Oh come on Mike, you have to laugh at yourselves too. It's a funny video whatever you think of Berbs.

Unread 13-05-2010, 07:34 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
stop being a mard arse

Not really being mard old chap,simply £#%&!ed off by attacks on our own players.It's boring in it's predictability that after any poor result there's going to be a forum scapegoat.That any player underperforming will be villified and should be sold.IIRC the only players not to haved been attacked have been VDS,Evra and Rooney.SCholes past it,Giggs the lazy £#%&!er.Fletcherson.The Ronaldo slagging etc

The twisted corollary of this is that we all engage in some forum circle jerk over some overpriced latino using two minutes of youtube footage as £#%&! material [usually championed by @#%&!s that are Arsenal or Tottenham fans]

Apologies if you feel that i'm being a little precious but I've been brought up to support the team and the lads that wear the shirt not mirror the shite that comes out of City/Scouse/Sky ringpieces.It simply goes against my DNA to agree with these £#%&!ers especailly when our own players are involved

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum... 668ce566d9535

Unread 13-05-2010, 07:37 PM
armchair

He's staying to fight for his place. He won't be sold.

I think we'd be mad to sell him anyway. He's still adjusting to being artisan not artist. If Fergie writes him off then fair enough but I hope to see him next season digging in, chasing defenders and lost causes. It'll be the making of him.

Unread 13-05-2010, 07:47 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's staying to fight for his place. He won't be sold.

I think we'd be mad to sell him anyway. He's still adjusting to being artisan not artist. If Fergie writes him off then fair enough but I hope to see him next season digging in, chasing defenders and lost causes. It'll be the making of him.
Why would we be mad to sell him after 2 years of severe underachievement from a great player at a great club? Sometimes you have to accept that something isn't working, he's a good player that doesn't suit our football. I think the two performances away at the Emirates in the last year say it all.

But despite all that, in our situation where you can't really go out and spend 70m+ or whatever because that it would take to reshape the midfield with a couple of additions AND replace Berbatov to get a serious goal threat in the team.

The burden on Rooney last season was just too much and the man said it himself. Chicharito looks a decent young player but that's all and he hasn't played a minute of football in Europe yet. I'd be happy enough if we only got a couple of midfielders in this summer but still be slightly worried about the lack of striking quality with the shit Welsh midget no doubt gonna get injured again and Berbatov not really someone you can count on.

Unread 13-05-2010, 07:51 PM
armchair

He's the Choccy for the new generation.

Unread 14-05-2010, 12:41 PM
rubbernecker

Dimitar Berbatov vows to stay at Manchester United

Quote:
Berbatov has endured a tough season with Manchester United and Bulgaria
Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has rubbished rumours he will leave the club this summer, saying he "will fight to stay" at Old Trafford.

Berbatov has struggled to justify the £30.75m United paid Tottenham for him in 2008 and has been linked with Bayern Munich, AC Milan and a return to Spurs.

But upon announcing his international retirement, the 29-year-old Bulgarian said: "I am going nowhere.

"I have arrived where I wanted to be, I have reached the summit."

Berbatov has scored 26 goals in 65 appearances for United in the past two campaigns, but has come under fire this season from fans critical of his work-rate and profligacy in front of goal.

He did not start a single match in the Champions League knockout stages before United were knocked out by Bayern Munich in the last eight.

Critics have also suggested United lost the Premier League title to Chelsea in part because of his failure to act as an effective replacement for Wayne Rooney during the England striker's injury absence.

Berbatov, though, insisted he is determined to stay, adding: "United is the biggest team and I will fight to stay there until the end of my contract."
His current deal expires in two seasons' time in 2012.

While the Bulgarian appears content to shrug off criticism for his domestic performances, similar analysis of his international performances have played their part in his decision to quit the national team.

"I have decided to step down from the national team, starting today," he told a press conference in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, adding he wanted "to give younger players the opportunity to step out from my shadow".

Berbatov, Bulgaria's captain for the last three years, scored 48 goals in 74 international appearances and is the nation's all-time leading scorer.

But he said he was "discouraged" by Bulgaria's failure to qualify for the upcoming World Cup in South Africa, adding: "At times I feel tired, even exhausted by the national team."

It means the front man's appearance in the 2-0 defeat in Poland in March was his last at international level.

Another star player - Dimitar Ivanov - also announced his decision to quit international football following that game in Warsaw.

Bulgaria have been drawn in the same Euro 2012 qualifying group as England and Wales.
Closed Thread