United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Fountz

Unhappy There's a distinct lack of doom on here !

Have to say, I'm a tad worried about Sunday.

There seems to be an air of over-confidence surrounding United at the moment, whether that be giddiness due to the beach ball incident, or the fact that they're in the mire.. the fact is, I've not been particuarly convinced by our performances either.

Rooney at Anfield worries me aswell.

Sorry
F.

Unread 23-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: There's a distinct lack of doom on here !

Unread 23-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Jack Duckworth

agreed. i think the law of averages would point against us beating them on sunday. i really can't imagine them losing 5 in a row. i would be happy with a draw, but can see us getting beat. it's their biggest game for years. if they lose against us, i find it difficult to see them catching us up even though we are only in october. when their backs are against the wall, they usually produce a result.

hopefully i am wrong and we beat them 0-1, with them having a goal disallowed in injury time due to the ball deflecting off a beach ball.

Unread 23-10-2009, 12:56 PM
no fun

I think the lack of doom can be attributed to 3 reasons

* its early in the season - whatever the result, its still "on" for them, so united fans dont see it as a make or break game

* even if liverpool get a result, it doesnt mask the flimsiness of their squad, or the fact that they will lose a lot more games this season - therefore united fans are fairly relaxed about the outcome

* even post ronaldo, we are light years ahead of them - whatever the result ,united fans know we are the better side and over a whole season we will finish above them

having said all that, come kick off time I will be rather nervous

Unread 23-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Ben

0-0 draw. dont think we'll lose, but dont think they'll will either

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:03 PM
wiganste

I'm shitting bricks if it makes you feel better.

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:04 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
You wanna stop eating bricks imo

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:05 PM
rebelcountyred

i hate playing liverpool regardless of their current form, anyhow i can see a corner turned and gerard and ladyboy getting a goal each with nemanja getting the road again.

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Sloppy

Theyll beat us on sunday.

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Stickman

1-1

nailed on

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:07 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Im always shitting them before games like this Get twitchy and anxious knotted stomach the lot, I hate the idea of losing but after going through all that it makes it just that bit sweeter when we do get the result in a big game

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Not feeling doomish, just a bit nervy. If we play well we will win.

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:09 PM
believe

I can only see a defeat for us. Possibly 2/3-0.

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:15 PM
MJ Ramone

There's no lack of Doom from me regarding this game.

Despite the clean sheet on Wednesday & Edwin's return to the side I'm still concerned with us at the back.
I can't see us keeping a clean sheet....& we haven't scored more than once at Anfield for 6 years.
The best we'll get is a draw I think.

Rooney won't play. It's a myth that Fergie 'pretends' players are doubtful for the game, only to play them.
If Rooney's 'struggling' then he's very unlikely to play.

There's no way Owen will start alongside Berbatov.
We're going 4-5-1, don't worry about that.

Torres & Gerrard will both play.

Very tough game.

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:15 PM
moransbleedinghead

There may be a lack of doom in advance of the game, but by 4pm Sunday, there wil be lots of doom.

Dippers to win, us to put in one of those Sunerland/Burnley type perfomances.

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
There's no lack of Doom from me regarding this game.

Despite the clean sheet on Wednesday & Edwin's return to the side I'm still concerned with us at the back.
I can't see us keeping a clean sheet....& we haven't scored more than once at Anfield for 6 years.
The best we'll get is a draw I think.

Rooney won't play. It's a myth that Fergie 'pretends' players are doubtful for the game, only to play them.
If Rooney's 'struggling' then he's very unlikely to play.

There's no way Owen will start alongside Berbatov.
We're going 4-5-1, don't worry about that.

Torres & Gerrard will both play.

Very tough game.
I don't think it is, got memories of Rio definitely being out, in games against the dipppers, only to start the games.

Unread 23-10-2009, 01:59 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't think it is, got memories of Rio definitely being out, in games against the dipppers, only to start the games.
Yeah, there are probably the odd times he's done it, but it's not something he does a lot.

I had a bad feeling about Rooney's injury. It was being reported as a 'precautionary' thing, but a Calf strain is a pain in the arse (well, Calf really)
...I can see him being out for another week or 2

Unread 23-10-2009, 02:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yeah, there are probably the odd times he's done it, but it's not something he does a lot.

I had a bad feeling about Rooney's injury. It was being reported as a 'precautionary' thing, but a Calf strain is a pain in the arse (well, Calf really)
...I can see him being out for another week or 2
Apparantly Fergie wasn't as gloomy as some would have us think about Rooney and Fletch, said he'd see how they were in training tomorrow.

Unread 23-10-2009, 02:04 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Apparantly Fergie wasn't as gloomy as some would have us think about Rooney and Fletch, said he'd see how they were in training tomorrow.
Wait & see I guess

Unread 23-10-2009, 02:26 PM
SilverSurfer

Doom from me too. I don't expect to see the Dippers lose 5 on the trot, sadly. There's too much hanging on this game for them and under Benitez they've developed this annoying habit of not easily disappearing.

This week just all seems so much like a rerun of November 2005 when we were shit, lost at Boro, lost to Lille in the Champions League in Paris, Keane's video rant, papers having a field day and the next team we played were league champions Chelsea at home. All set up for more misery, we win.

I'd be delighted with a draw. A win for them would just provide the kind of confidence booster the 2-1 gave them last year.
Closed Thread