United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Whalefish

Default Radamel Falcao

Signed for just €3.9m from River Plate, he's scored 10 goals for Porto in his first 9 games.

Looks a bargain at that price and boody good player too.

Swap for Owen?

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Firswood Red

Default Re: Radamel Falcao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Signed for just €3.9m from River Plate, he's scored 10 goals for Porto in his first 9 games.

Looks a bargain at that price and boody good player too.

Swap for Owen?
wasn't one of our fredsters raving about him?

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:42 PM
believe

and £5 million?

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up Re: Radamel Falcao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
wasn't one of our fredsters raving about him?
Grimson.

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:52 PM
dunk

Just getting rid of Owen and adding a little front line pace would do me tbh.

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Sparky***

is he 17 years old or free?

if not, no chance.

Unread 21-10-2009, 10:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Another example of Porto being almost flawless in their activity in the transfer market. They always seem to get it right in terms of selling their top players at the right time and getting the best possible fee, then replacing them with guys from South America for a fraction of the price.

Hulk is the top boy, though. Another two for him tonight. When he's on his game, he's £#%&!ing frightening. Also a player people at United are apparently very impressed with.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Grimson.
I £#%&!ing love him. He's the only player of the last 3 years (apart from Ariel Ortega) to deserve to wear the River Plate shirt. Fantastic in the air for a shortish player, can hit them with either foot, puts in as much a shift as Tevez without the theatrics, and absolutely kills himself for his team.

I'm not sure he's quite complete enough for the very biggest clubs, but if he keeps knocking them in at Porto, he'd be worth a try for anyone. He's still only 23.

Unread 22-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Baron

He scored that absolute monster header for River - proper Pardew'd the defender.

Remember Grimson making the odd thread about him, why was he so cheap? Last year of his contract?

Unread 22-10-2009, 05:25 PM
S/Side.Red

They only bought a percentage of his contract. They tend to buy a significant share in the player (in Falcao's case 60% for 4m euros) then decide later whether to exercise the option on the rest, usually after the player has gone on to be a success. They did this with Anderson, Lucho, Lisandro etc. Then they move them on for two or three times the price, and then look to South America for the replacement. They replaced Cissokho with the Uruguayan Alvaro Pereira in this type of deal and he looks excellent.

Unread 22-10-2009, 05:29 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He scored that absolute monster header for River - proper Pardew'd the defender.

Remember Grimson making the odd thread about him, why was he so cheap? Last year of his contract?

Unread 22-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
They only bought a percentage of his contract. They tend to buy a significant share in the player (in Falcao's case 60% for 4m euros) then decide later whether to exercise the option on the rest, usually after the player has gone on to be a success. They did this with Anderson, Lucho, Lisandro etc. Then they move them on for two or three times the price, and then look to South America for the replacement. They replaced Cissokho with the Uruguayan Alvaro Pereira in this type of deal and he looks excellent.
Are you allowed to buy a percentage of a players contract in England? After the Tevez saga & Economic Rights shite of the last few years I think it's a non-starter for anyone in the Premier League. Fair £#%&!s to Porto, they're on a decent roll with their players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Cracks me up every time

Unread 22-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Sloane

we were linked a couple of times before he went to porto

Unread 22-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Grimson

Quote:

It's at 3:00 of this video. But watch the first goal too. If it's not the greatest pisstake goal of all time, it's close.

Unread 22-10-2009, 05:56 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
he's scored 10 goals for Porto in his first 9 games.
I've no idea about the lad's ability... but that's not saying much, is it? The Portuguese league is akin to the SPL for sheer inequality.

Unread 22-10-2009, 05:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Are you allowed to buy a percentage of a players contract in England? After the Tevez saga & Economic Rights shite of the last few years I think it's a non-starter for anyone in the Premier League. Fair £#%&!s to Porto, they're on a decent roll with their players.
I'm not sure, tbh. It certainly doesn't ever seem to happen.

Unread 22-10-2009, 06:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I've no idea about the lad's ability... but that's not saying much, is it? The Portuguese league is akin to the SPL for sheer inequality.
It's far better balanced than the SPL. Braga are still top with a 100% record in October. See some of the results achieved by the likes of Nacional and Braga in the Uefa Cup over the last year or two for an example of the recent progress it's made outside the traditional top three.

Unread 13-04-2010, 05:54 PM
safingtons

Grimson's boy at it again

Unread 13-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Reminds me of a young B_v_M...

Unread 13-04-2010, 05:57 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Another example of Porto being almost flawless in their activity in the transfer market. They always seem to get it right in terms of selling their top players at the right time and getting the best possible fee, then replacing them with guys from South America for a fraction of the price.

Hulk is the top boy, though. Another two for him tonight. When he's on his game, he's £#%&!ing frightening. Also a player people at United are apparently very impressed with.
been saying the same thing for a while
Closed Thread