Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Zorg

Default Re: Sunday's games

Unread 28-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Dueling Banjos

Just about to post that myself Zorgers. £#%&!ing sickening.

Unread 28-02-2011, 06:21 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
It was Bowyer.
no doubt

Unread 28-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
A few seasons ago, at their place, Henry scored a late winner. T'was a clever build up that left Gazza Nev on his arse just before Henry scored. He then ran around the back of the goal and up to Nev and slapped him round the chops. Fair doos to Nev he didn't react or owt.
he did it when Van Persie equalised.

Unread 28-02-2011, 08:43 AM
believe

I watched most of the Arsenal game yesterday and thought it was a league match. Wondered what the £#%&! was going on this morning when the radio news said that Brum will be playing european football next year

Unread 28-02-2011, 08:45 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I watched most of the Arsenal game yesterday and thought it was a league match. Wondered what the £#%&! was going on this morning when the radio news said that Brum will be playing european football next year
Didn't the 30k Brum fans in a big stadium give it away pal?

Unread 28-02-2011, 08:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Didn't the 30k Brum fans in a big stadium give it away pal?
I just assumed Arsenal had upped their allocation at the emirates. Pal.

Unread 28-02-2011, 11:06 AM
helmet

Thumbs up Re: Sunday's games

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
thank £#%&! for the bbc's expert pundits
Reminded me of this quality piece from Barney Ronay a few weeks ago

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...keys-andy-gray

Quote:
In the Keys-Gray era Sky have trounced their broadcasting rivals: witness the panic-ridden shout-fests of the BBC analysis break, where the lolling, supine Alan Hansen resembles a sickly robot, tortured by football, machine‑gunned with rictus-banter but heroically refusing to lie down, lashed to his sofa but still talking on in between rubber hose swipes around the chops.

Pundits everywhere, and there are great wandering hordes of them, have been out-flanked by Sky's founding duo over the past 20 years, from Alan Shearer parading his urgent banalities like a man compulsively shouting out his name or the day of the week on the bus, to half-pundits such as Dwight Yorke, who seems resplendently nailed into his chair, a gleaming, murmuring royal prisoner.

Or, this week on Sky, Eidur Gudjohnsen, whose mumblings seemed to suggest a man suffering some mild form of carbon monoxide poisoning who has been persuaded to talk about banks of four and set-piece situations to keep him awake until the ambulance arrives.

Unread 28-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Don't seem to recall MOTD2 getting all worked up about this

...or anyone else for that matter.

Don't seem to recall the FA doing anything about it either.
I've actually not seen the Rooney incident - Got a clip?

Unread 28-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Don't seem to recall MOTD2 getting all worked up about this

...or anyone else for that matter.

Don't seem to recall the FA doing anything about it either.
Gerrard seems to be immune from any sort of sanction. Even the courts can't touch him.

Media aren't going to let up until Rooney gets some sort of ban. Expect Clattenberg to say that the freekick was for something else and he didn't see Rooney's elbow.

This aside can't remember many better weekends apart from when we've won a trophy. We win, King Kenny's "miraculous turn around" continues, Arsenal's era of dominance put on hold and City (Mancini'c P45 on it's way) shown to be clowns yet again. Brilliant
Closed Thread